The American dream is the national ethos of the United States of America and American dream quotes lighten you a lot about this ideal type of motto.
Quotes about American dream let the people learn, think, associate, and relate themselves to the American dream but also informs you of the efforts behind the notion.
American dream quotes will teach you about the mobility of wealth in society is essential for the growth of the nation. It motivates people to go get their goals by looking at the American dream.
The American dream does not let people distract themselves and wait for the opportunity to come to them. It is mainly based on the thought that you are free to achieve what you want with your devotion and hard work.
American dream sayings guide you that success is nothing but a mindset under the condition that people are not bound based on racism.
American dream condemns racist mentality in government as well as in society! Check out our coats to learn more!
You May Also Be Interested In:
Best American Dream Quotes
The American dream is the elevated ethical standard for all the people living in the United States. It assures that all people despite of their color, creed, and race are allowed to succeed in life. Our collection of best American dream quotes would clarify it further for you.
- Barack knows the American Dream because he’s lived it, and he wants everyone in this country to have that same opportunity, no matter who we are or where we’re from or what we look like or who we love. –Michelle Obama
- I was a poor kid. I came from nothing. We didn’t have any money; a lot of times we didn’t have any food, and now, all of a sudden, I’m a superhero in a Marvel movie? Talk about the American dream, man – I’m living it. –Dave Bautista
- I love entrepreneurship because that’s what makes this country grow, and if I can help companies grow, I am creating jobs; I am setting foundations for future generations. It sends the message that the American Dream is alive and well. –Mark Cuban
- The American Dream is a term that is often used but also often misunderstood. It isn’t really about becoming rich or famous. It is about things much simpler and more fundamental than that. –Mark Rubio
- The American dream comes from opportunity. The opportunity comes from our founding principles, our core values that’s held together and protected by the Constitution. Those ideas are neither Republican, Democrat, conservative, liberal, white, or black. Those are American ideologies. –Ted Yoho
- The American Dream I believe in is one that provides anyone willing to work hard enough with the opportunity to succeed. –Tammy Duckworth
- The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. (It is not) … a dream of motor cars and high wages merely, but a dream of social order in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are, regardless of the fortuitous circumstances of birth or position. –James Truslow Adams
- Our workforce and our entire economy are strongest when we embrace diversity to its fullest, and that means opening doors of opportunity to everyone and recognizing that the American Dream excludes no one. –Thomas Perez
- When we make college more affordable, we make the American Dream more achievable. –William J. Clinton
- A basic element of the American dream is equal access to education as a lubricant of social and economic mobility. –Nicholas Kristof
- I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. – Whoopi Goldberg
- The promise of the American Dream requires that we are all provided an equal opportunity to participate in and contribute to our nation. –Charles B. Rangel
- To me, the American Dream is being able to follow your own personal calling. To be able to do what you want to do is incredible freedom. –Maya Lin
Famous American Dream Quotes
The American dream emphasizes the equality of rights. It announces the hard work of all should be paid for. No person can claim supremacy over others based on class.
Get a further impression of the American dream from our brilliant famous quotes about American the dream.
- For many, the American dream has become a nightmare. –Bernie Sanders
- The American Dream is a phrase we’ll have to wrestle with all our lives. It means a lot of things to different people. I think we’re redefining it now. –Rita Dove
- I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream. – Bruce Springsteen
- My father worked in the Post Office. A lot of double shifts. All his friends were in the same situation – truck drivers, taxi cab drivers, grocery clerks. Blue collar guys punching the clock and working long, hard hours. The thought that sustained them was the one at the center of the American Dream. –Gary David Goldberg
- In the end, the American dream is not a sprint, or even a marathon, but a relay. Our families don’t always cross the finish line in the span of one generation. But each generation passes on to the next the fruits of their labor. –Julian Castro
- I think the American Dream used to be achieving one’s goals in your field of choice – and from that, all other things would follow. Now, I think the Dream has morphed into the pursuit of money: Accumulate enough of it, and the rest will follow. –Buzz Aldrin
- To realize the American Dream, the most important thing to understand is that it belongs to everybody. It’s a human dream. If you understand this and work very hard, it is possible. –Cristina Saralegui
- There are those who will say that the liberation of humanity, the freedom of man and mind is nothing but a dream. They are right. It is the American Dream. –Archibald Macleish
- I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self –evident: that all men are created equal. –Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I feel that I am a citizen of the American Dream and that the revolutionary struggle of which I am a part is a struggle against the American nightmare. –Eldridge Cleaver
- The American Dream may be slipping away. We have overcome such challenges before. To recover the Dream requires knowing where it came from, how it lasted so long and why it matters so much. –Jon Meacham, editor
- The American Dream belongs to all of us. –Kamala Harris
- The faith that anyone could move from rags to riches – with enough guts and gumption, hard work and nose to the grindstone – was once at the core of the American Dream. –Robert Reich
Inspirational American Dream Quotes
Equality of rights is admired by everyone. A person’s independence achieved by hard work inspires many. The American dream is an inspiration.
We are here with inspirational American dream quotes to inform and inspire you. Knowing about the American dream will stir your soul.
- That dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to his ability or achievement. –James Truslow Adams
- Harry had worked his way through the American Dream and come to the conclusion that it was composed of a good lunch and a deep red wine that could soar. –Colum McCann
- The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream. –Tommy Hilfiger
- The American dream. Those three short, simple words encompass the hopes and aspirations of all the peoples on earth. The words are not only short and simple. They are also fragile. –Ross Perot
- The American dream of rags to riches is a dream for a reason – it is hard to achieve; were everyone to do it, it wouldn’t be a dream but would rather be reality. –Robert Fulton
- The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. –Gerald R. Ford
- The American dream comes from opportunity. The opportunity comes from our founding principles, our core values that’s held together and protected by the Constitution. –Ted Yoho
- The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become. –Ronald Reagan
- I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That’s exactly what I’ve done. –Whoopi Goldberg
- We hold these truths to be self –evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. –Thomas Jefferson
- That’s why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. –George Carlin
Motivational American Dream Quotes
Equality is the central motto of the American dream. It motivates people to work for their freedom, happiness, and independence.
Learn more about the American dream along with motivational American dream quotes compiled to facilitate you.
- And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. –Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The American Dream is one of success, homeownership, college education for one’s children, and have a secure job to provide these and other goals. –Leonard Boswell
- Every human being has a dream. I think what’s special about the American Dream is that it implies, given everything that’s happened with the history of America, that there is the opportunity to make your dream come true. –Audra McDonald
- I’m gonna fight, and I’m gonna make something out of nothing. That’s pretty much the American dream. –Jay-Z
- Most people are looking for security, a nice, safe, prosperous future. And there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s called the American Dream. –Lee Iacocca
- To think that a once scrawny boy from Austria could grow up to become governor of the state of California and then stand here… then stand here in Madison Square Garden and speak on behalf of the president of the United States – that is an immigrant’s dream. It is the American dream. –Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The American Dream is one of the greatest ideas in the history of human achievement. –Dan Rather
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. –Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspiring American Dream Quotes
The notion of the American dream claims the equivalence of rights for all humans. Despite the class and place they are born in, they possess the right to achieve their life goals.
We assembled inspiring American dream quotes for you to broaden your knowledge and passion in your soul.
- I am living proof that the American dream still exists. It is still alive and well. There is only one trick, you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and work very, very hard. –Paula Deen
- College is part of the American dream. It shouldn’t be part of a financial nightmare for families. –Barbara Mikulski
- The REAL American Dream is not about a garage full of new cars, winning the lottery, or retiring to a life of ease in Florida. It’s about doing work that has meaning, work that makes a difference, and doing that work with people you care about. –Joe Tye
- From the very beginning, the American dream meant proving to all mankind that freedom, justice, human rights, and democracy were no utopia but were rather the most realistic policy there is and the most likely to improve the fate of each and every person. –Nicolas Sarkozy
- The real job –killers are corporate greed and political expediency. It’s time for working people in Maine and all across the country to take back the American dream. –Stephen King
- When it comes to the American dream, no one has a corner on the market. All of us have an equal chance to share in that dream. –J. C. Watts
- Everybody has dreams. You are living the American dream, what’s wrong with pushing to secure it for everyone? –Bob Ross
- Success is the American Dream we can keep dreaming because most people in most places, including thirty million of ourselves, live wide awake in the terrible reality of poverty. –Ursula K. Le Guin
- What is the American dream? The American dream is one big tent. One big tent. And on that big tent, you have four basic promises: equal protection under the law, equal opportunity, equal access, and fair share. –Jesse Jackson
- But maybe that was the whole point. In America, the dream is whatever you think it is. –Zhanna Slor
- He was going to get the American Dream that even Americans dream about. –Nicola Yoon
- Americans need a fresh reminder of the amazing nation they have and the power of liberties I see so often taken for granted. –Ali Master
- Only in America can someone start with nothing and achieve the American Dream. That’s the greatness of this country. –Rafael Cruz
Positive American Dream Quotes
Positivity in society is certain where people enjoy equality of rights and opportunities, equally available to all make life more compatible. These positive American dream quotes give you an insight into positivity.
- The American dream comes from opportunity. The opportunity comes from our founding principles, our core values that’s held together and protected by the Constitution. Those ideas are neither Republican, Democrat, conservative, liberal, white, or black. Those are American ideologies. –Ted Yoho
- We need to remain a nation that doesn’t just welcome but that celebrates legal immigrants who come here seeking to pursue the American Dream. –Ted Cruz
- The American dream is dead for the majority of America. –Suze Orman
- The American Dream has run out of gas. The car has stopped. It no longer supplies the world with its images, its dreams, its fantasies. No more. It’s over. It supplies the world with its nightmares now: the Kennedy assassination, Watergate, Vietnam. –J. G. Ballard
- People are so busy dreaming the American Dream, fantasizing about what they could be or have a right to be, that they’re all asleep at the switch. Consequently we are living in the Age of Human Error. –Florence King
Negative American Dream Quotes
The American dream offers its adverse outcomes as well. The elite class gets the whole opportunity to build up and expand their fortune. Know about the negative impacts of this great notion with negative American dream quotes.
- Obama basically said we’re the new American Dream. I think he was posing it like I was supposed to take it in a negative way, but I’m just so happy the president mentions me so often. –Kanye West
- Negative people that say ‘You can’t do that’ got told the same thing. Don’t listen to them, do what they never had the guts to do. Dream. –Unknown
- I’ve not only pursued the American dream, I’ve achieved it. I suppose we could say the last few years, I’ve also achieved the American nightmare. –Kenneth Lay
- Unless we rise to the challenge, instead of American youth being able to live the American dream, the Chinese will fulfill their dream of overtaking America. –Mark Kennedy
- Stop worrying yourself, you can be great; no matter what the American dream says. –Alton Gatling Jr
- Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American dream? –Homer Simpson
- I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said, you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That’s exactly what I’ve done. –Whoopi Goldberg
- In this remarkable time for the world, I refuse to believe it’s time to stop believing in the possibilities of our remarkable country. I refuse to accept the downsizing of the American Dream. I refuse to bet against American entrepreneurial spirit and American ingenuity. The competition’s tough, and it requires us to be tougher –tough –minded, never hard hearted. –Senator John Kerry
- I believe in the American Dream because I have lived the American Dream. –Carl Paladino
- May I never wake up from the American dream. –Carrie Latet
- We believe that what matters most is not narrow appeals masquerading as values, but the shared values that show the true face of America; not narrow values that divide us, but the shared values that unite us: family, faith, hard work, opportunity and responsibility for all, so that every child, every adult, every parent, every worker in America has an equal shot at living up to their God –given potential. That is the American dream and the American value. –Senator John Kerry
American Dream Quotes by Presidents
American President strongly agrees with the idea of the American dream. They often break the silence with expert views on the American dream.
Some encourage people to live up to the expectations of the American dream. Many condemn the slave minds that are unable to focus and strive for their goals. Know more about the American dream quotes by presidents.
- If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. –George Washington
- The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respected Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations and Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges… –George Washington
- A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master. –George Washington
- I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. –John Adams
- Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. –John Adams
- A government of laws, and not of men. –John Adams
- In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. –Thomas Jefferson
- Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto. –Thomas Jefferson
- Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost. –Thomas Jefferson
- If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. –James Madison
- In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority. –James Madison
- A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country. –James Madison
- In a representative republic, the education of our children must be of the utmost importance! –James Monroe
- The emigrants although of different parties and different religious sects all flew from persecution in pursuit of liberty. –James Monroe
- It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty. –James Monroe
- To impose taxes when the public exigencies require them is an obligation of the most sacred character, especially with a free people. –James Monroe
American Dream Quotes from The Great Gatsby
Great Gatsby clears the worth of the American dream. Potential and passion of the people who follows American dream is never low. The novel by F. Scott shows you the way where prosperity and wealth is promised. Enrich your mind with American dream Great Gatsby quotes.
- [H]e stretched out his arms toward the dark water. . . . I . . . distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far way. . . . When I looked once more for Gatsby he had vanished. . . .
- ‘In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. ‘Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,’ he told me, ‘just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.’
- But I didn’t call to him for he gave a sudden intimation that he was content to be alone –he stretched out his arms toward the dark water in a curious way, and far as I was from him I could have sworn he was trembling. Involuntarily I glanced seaward –and distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock.
- Anything can happen now that we’ve slid over this bridge, I thought; anything at all…
- Why they came East I don’t know. They had spent a year in France for no particular reason, and then drifted here and there unrestfully wherever people played polo and were rich together.
- I was immediately struck by the number of young Englishmen dotted about; all well dressed, all looking a little hungry and all talking in low earnest voices to solid and prosperous Americans. I was sure that they were selling something: bonds or insurance or automobiles. They were, at least, agonizingly aware of the easy money in the vicinity and convinced that it was theirs for a few words in the right key.
- I lived at West Egg, the –well, the less fashionable of the two, though this is a most superficial tag to express the bizarre and not a little sinister contrast between them. […] Across the courtesy bay the white palaces of fashionable East Egg glittered along the water, and the history of the summer really begins on the evening I drove over there to have dinner with the Tom Buchanans.
- The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.
- [The new world’s] vanished trees, the trees that had made way for Gatsby’s house, had once pandered in whispers to the last and greatest of all human dreams; for a transitory enchanted moment man must have held his breath in the presence of this continent, compelled into an aesthetic contemplation he neither understood nor desired, face to face for the last time in history with something commensurate to his capacity for wonder.
- The Carraways are something of a clan, and we have a tradition that we’re descended from the Dukes of Buccleuch, but the actual founder of my line was my grandfather’s brother, who came here in fifty –one, sent a substitute to the Civil War, and started the wholesale hardware business that my father carries on to –day.
- That’s my Middle West . . . the street lamps and sleigh bells in the frosty dark. . . . I see now that this has been a story of the West, after all –Tom and Gatsby, Daisy and Jordan and I, were all Westerners, and perhaps we possessed some deficiency in common which made us subtly unadaptable to Eastern life.
- Oh, you want too much! she cried to Gatsby. I love you now –isn’t that enough? ‘Her voice is full of money,’ he said suddenly.
- ‘Did you start him in business?’ I inquired. […] ‘Start him! I made him.’
American Dream Quotes by Martin Luther King
Martin Luther King was one of the most famous civil activists in 1955. He was an active proponent of the American dream. His struggles for the American dream are itself a model. Explore Luther’s views with African dream quotes from Martin Luther King.
- I still have a dream, a dream deeply rooted in the American dream – one day this nation will rise up and live up to its creed, ‘We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal.’ –Martin Luther King
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. –Martin Luther King
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. –Martin Luther King
- Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscious stupidity. –Martin Luther King
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. –Martin Luther King
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. –Martin Luther King
- We are not makers of history, we are made by history. –Martin Luther King
- Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. –Martin Luther King
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. –Martin Luther King
- A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus. –Martin Luther King
American Dream Quotes by Celebrities
Know the celebrity perception of the American dream and how they identify their role in motivating people by reading American dream quotes by celebrities.
- The American Dream is one of success, home ownership, college education for one’s children, and have a secure job to provide these and other goals. –Leonard Boswell
- For me, the essence of the great American Dream is spiritual. I believe that our Constitution is inspired and that it is based on principles that are timeless and universal. This is the reason why 95% of all written constitutions throughout the world are modeled after our Constitution. –Stephen Covey
- I’m very pro –American –my entire family escaped poverty in Italy because they rightly believed in the American dream. –Camille Paglia
- What is the American dream? The American dream is one big tent. One big tent. And on that big tent you have four basic promises: equal protection under the law, equal opportunity, equal access, and fair share. –Jesse Jackson
- As an educator, I have always striven to see that the fruits of the American Dream are available to all. –James D. Watson
- The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. –James Truslow Adams
- America is not just a country, it’s an idea. –Bono
- They don’t call it the Italian Dream or the English Dream. In America, there is the American Dream. It was the first place to give people of any social background their dream. You can achieve anything. –Fabio Lanzoni
American Dream Quotes on Hard Work
Hard work is the most crucial factor in the idea of the American dream. Hard work is the condition of the American dream ideal.
Hard work is the recognition of a person in the American dream as it opens up opportunities for anyone who strives for them. Get to know better through American dream quotes on hard work.
- The negative side of the American Dream comes when people pursue success at any cost, which in turn destroys the vision and the dream. –Azar Nafisi
- Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires. –John Steinbeck
- The American Dream, that has lured tens of millions of all nations to our shores in the past century has not been a dream of material plenty, though that has doubtlessly counted heavily. –James Truslow Adams
- I have been swamped all my life with the idea of the unlimited potential and resources of the American Dream. Not only is this untrue, but it’s an injustice to those people who don’t have access to this utopia. –Rick Alverson
- American dreams are strongest in the hearts of those who have seen America only in their dreams. –Pico Iyer
- The truth is that I’ve always been fascinated with wealth in America. To me, it’s been about the American dream and the corruption of that dream. –Leonardo DiCaprio
- In the US a child born into a poor family will become a poor adult. The American dream is just that –it is not true, because of the level of extreme inequality. –Winnie Byanyima
- America has nothing to fear from these newcomers, that they have come here for the same reason that families came here 150 years ago… –Barack Obama
- For so long I have wanted to escape into the Dream, to fold my country over my head like a blanket. –Ta –Nehisi Coates
- The United States is a land that, if you work hard and keep your dream alive, you may or may not achieve it. However, if you cheat, lie, manipulate, and bribe, you will definitely succeed. –Kambiz Shabankare
- Dat’s what they say of this cauntry back home, Kath: ‘America, the land of milk and honey.’ Bot they never tell you the milk’s gone sour and the honey’s stolen. –Andre Dubus III
- We don’t see any American dream. We’ve experienced only the American nightmare. –Malco
- I’ve always resented the smug statements of politicians, media commentators, corporate executives who talked of how, in America, if you worked hard you would become rich. –Howard Zinn
- The American Dream is not the nation’s promise of opportunity based on one’s ability and hard work alone. Instead, it is the uniquely American ability to believe, despite all evidence to the contrary, that the nation will one day be willing to offer such opportunity. –Blair Bronwyn
- We must stop talking about the American dream and start listening to the dreams of Americans. –Max Beerbohm
Final Thoughts on American Dream Quotes
Going through all the quotes, you must have gotten an idea how the idea of all humans being created equal is embedded in the American dream quotes.
Above mentioned quotes make it easier to identify and learn about the concept of the American dream. American dream quotes bring it out how the idea is rich with thoughts, history, and views of the great people.
Quotes about American dream are not just confined to the United States of America but they motivate people belonging to any corner of the world to recognize their worth.
You have a lot to understand and realize through American dream sayings. Make your way on your own. Do hard work followed by failures, opportunities, consistency, and success.
Experience your mistakes, learn lessons, correct your ways and achieve your goals with no load of your social class on your mind.
That is all about American dream quotes. Let us know of your precious views on our effort. Share to enlighten others’ minds as well.