Independent woman quotes may encourage and empower you to achieve your goals. Women deserve recognition for their outstanding contributions to society, incredible victories, and unparalleled courage.
Despite gender inequality in all fields, women continue to succeed and defy the odds. We have compiled independent woman quotes to encourage and motivate.
These uplifting women independence quotes provide a wonderful reminder of fortitude through challenging periods in life. Whether you use them in a get-well letter or as a birthday present for a loved one, these quotations are guaranteed to be meaningful.
A strong, courageous woman doesn’t require rescue from outside forces since she can save herself. The ability to improve your life has always been in your hands; you can’t wait for another person to assist you when you can do it yourself. These quotations might remind you of your strength when the world appears intent on bringing you down.
Many heroic women have existed throughout history, as shown by the quotations provided. Please read our complete article about independent women quotes to make you strong.
Best Independent Woman Quotes of All Time
There is always a reason to honor the courage and tenacity of women in our lives, but some events make these quotations more memorable. Some of the ideal moments to express one of our quotes about independent women with a loved one can pop up anytime. So read these to know them on your tips.
- We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential. –Hillary Clinton
- The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. –Albert Einstein
- Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes. –Nancy Pelosi
- I am proud of the woman I am today, because I went through one hell of a time becoming her.
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. –Margaret Thatcher
- A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform. –Diane Mariechild
- Sometimes an angel, sometimes a hell raiser. Always a strong woman. –R.H. Sin
- We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free. –Kavita Ramdas
- Figure out who are you separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self. With that, you can do anything else. –Angelina Jolie
- A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult. –Melinda Gates
- A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done. –Marge Piercy
- We need women who are so strong they can be mild, so educated they can be simple, so intense they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be reasonable, and so disciplined they can be free.
Classy Independent Woman Quotes
A classy lady is independent, influential, fashionable, superior, admirably intelligent, elegant, graceful, and deserving of respect. These classy independent woman quotes can help you overcome obstacles and succeed in every element of your life.
- Classy women never lose their dignity.
- A woman with class is timeless.
- A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.
- Be the kind of woman that makes other women want to be you. –Topaz
- If a man whistles at you, don’t respond. You’re a lady, not a dog. –Adele
- Well-behaved women seldom make history. –Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- Classy is when you have a lot to say but you choose to remain silent in front of fools.
- A real woman has a voice, she will not let it be quieted down, and she will never let it crumble.
- A woman who can handle herself well in an elegant manner is what you a lady really should be.
- A sensible woman can never be happy with a fool. –George Washington
- Classy is when a woman has everything to flaunt but chooses not to show it.
- No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy. –Paris Hilton
- The whisper of a pretty woman can be heard further than the roar of a lion.
- Classy lady or not, a lady still deserves to be with the best possible people she can be.
- In this world where a classy lady is a rare specimen, I wish I can appease you with me.
- And in a gist, a classy lady knows how to behave herself in every possible environment.
- A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction. –Oscar Wilde
- When you are a classy lady, you would know just how to act like one, it is second nature.
- As long as you have your dignity intact you can still be a woman with class that you can.
Strong Independent Woman Quotes
If you’re looking for the best muscular women quotes to express precisely what you want to say, or if you’re going to feel inspired, read this remarkable selection of quotes about strong independent woman and the finest determined woman quotes.
- Strong women need not declare they can carry all the burdens in life. They just quietly do it and survive with a smile. –Princess Maleiha Bajunaid Candao
- A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with. –Ellen J. Barrier
- A strong woman who recklessly throws away her strength, she is worse than a weak woman who has never had any strength to throw away. –Thomas Hardy
- A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts. –Nancy Rathburn
- A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars. –Carly Simon
- There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women. –Malala Yousafzai
- A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Being a strong woman is very important to me. But doing it all on my own is not. –Reba McEntire
- We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly. –Margaret Atwood
- I just want women to always feel in control. Because we’re capable, we’re so capable. –Nicki Minaj
- I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will. –Amy Schumer
- She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Funny Independent Woman Quotes
These outstanding funny independent woman quotes will inspire you a lot and help you end every fear of your life, and you would be able to enjoy your life happily. Take time to read them and have a good laugh.
- If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. –Aristotle Onassis
- Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. –Charlotte Whitton
- Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. –Jim Carrey
- There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women. –Madeleine Albright
- We women talk too much, but even then we don’t tell half what we know. –Nancy Astor
- When women go wrong, men go right after them. –Mae West
- Why women are so much more interesting to men than men are to women? –Virginia Woolf
- I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man. –Karen Hawkins
- The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see well than he can think. –Mark Twain
- A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon. –Arnold Haultain
- A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are. –Chauncey Depew
- I have an idea that the phrase weaker sex was coined by some woman to disarm some man she was preparing to overwhelm. –Ogden Nash
- No woman who had been intimate with a god was easily disturbed. –Michael Cadnum
- It upsets women to be, or not to be, stared at hungrily. –Mignon McLaughlin
- Men at most differ as Heaven and Earth, but women, worst and best, as Heaven and Hell. –Alfred Lord Tennyson
Hard Working Independent Woman Quotes
Are you looking for solid quotations about women who work hard? We have compiled an outstanding selection of independent hard-working women quotes to motivate you to accomplish your goals. These empowering quotes by and about notable women of independence can inspire you to pursue your aspirations.
- Women need to give their all to achieve success.
- Money does not impress a hard working woman.
- A woman who has run a home can run a country.
- I am not a difficult woman at all. I am simply a strong woman and know my worth.
- The best protection any woman can have is courage. –Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise. –Korhan Erdol
- Behind every working woman is an enormous pile of unwashed laundry. –Barbara Dale
- I am a working woman. I take care of a home. I hold down a job. I am nuts. –Barbara Dale
- A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation w bricks others have thrown at her.
- Behind every hardworking man, is a hardworking woman who wakes his grown a*s up in the morning.
- A strong woman is someone who raises other women up instead of tearing them down. –Bruce Mars
- It’s hard to be a woman. You must think like a man, act like a lady, look like a young girl, and work like a horse.
Inspirational Independent Woman Quotes
In the past, males were primarily responsible for the financial well-being of their families; however, now, women shoulder financial and household responsibilities. They are powerful and have fought arduously to achieve success in many fields. She is simultaneously aggressive, bold, passionate, brave, and resilient. So read these inspirational quotes for a strong independent woman to make you strong and courageous.
- Don’t be a woman that needs a man be a woman a man needs.
- You have what it takes to be a victorious, independent, fearless woman. –Tyra Banks
- A woman is like a tea bag you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- An independent woman never gets attracted to a rich man, instead, she works hard to become rich herself.
- I like being a strong, independent woman, and to be honest, I was never afraid to be on my own. –Dido Armstrong
- Being every strong, independent woman lies a broken little girl who had to learn how to get back up and to never depend on anyone.
- The funny thing about a strong woman is that she doesn’t need you. She wants you, and if you start slacking she’ll be content without you.
- The only thing more beautiful than the woman that knows what she wants, is the woman who isn’t waiting on anybody else to get it for her.
- I wanted to be an independent woman, a woman who could pay for her bills, a woman who could run her own life – and I became that woman. –Diane von Furstenberg
- I am a strong woman. I don’t sit around feeling sorry for myself, nor let people mistreat me. I don’t respond to people who dictate to me or try to bring me down. If I fall, I will rise up even stronger because I am a survivor and not a victim. I am in control of my life and there is nothing I can’t achieve.
- Strong women lift not only themselves but others too.
- A strong woman stands up for herself. A more powerful woman defends everyone else.
Fearless Independent Woman Quotes
There is no one sort of bold woman, but they all know how to advocate for themselves. They pursue their desires and never let anything stand in their way. But every woman has her time. We forget what sustains us. When we have lost all drive, it is helpful to receive a boost of support from other ladies and individuals to educate us on why we continue to battle. Here are some fearless independent woman quotes that every bold woman should know.
- A woman is like a tea bag — you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Women must try to do as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others. –Amelia Earhart
- It is past time for women to take their rightful place, side by side with men, in the rooms where the fates of peoples, where their children’s and grandchildren’s fates, are decided. –Hillary Clinton
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country. –Margaret Thatcher
- My mother told me to be a woman. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent. –Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- If Congress refuse to listen to and grant what women ask, there is but one course left then to pursue. What is there left for women to do but to become the mothers of the future government? –Victoria Claflin Woodhull
- Never accept ‘because you are a woman’ as a reason for doing or not doing anything. –Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The emerging woman…will be strong-minded, strong-hearted, strong-souled, and strong-bodied strength and beauty must go together. –Louisa May Alcott
- Women are small and fragile yet the power they hold is unmeasurable. –Da Xia
- It is vain to expect virtue from women till they are in some degree independent of men. –Mary Wollstonecraft
- No longer will we (women) agree to protect the hearth at the price of extinguishing the fire within ourselves. –Celia Gilbert
Powerful Independent Woman Quotes
You are capable of becoming your hero and do not need anybody else to do so. A strong, courageous woman doesn’t require rescue from outside forces since she can save herself. The ability to improve your life has always been in your private hands; you can’t wait for another person to assist you when you can do it yourself. Read these powerful independent woman quotes to become influential in your life.
- I believe in being strong when everything seems to be failing. I think that pleased girls are the prettiest women. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in wonders.
- A powerful woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
- The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved, women who live bravely, both tender and fierce, women of indomitable will. –Amy Tenney
- Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women. –Maya Angelou
- We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored. –Sheryl Sandberg
- I figure, if a woman wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one. –Calamity Jane
- Strong women don’t play the victim. Don’t make themselves look pitiful and don’t point fingers. They stand and they deal. –Mandy Hale
- I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind learning. –Amy Poehler
- Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Never apologize for being a powerful woman.
Positive Independent Woman Quotes
We’ve been conditioned as women to apologize for everything we do. However, use as much room as feasible. Take charge of your own life. Be strong. Never apologize. Therefore, read these positive independent woman quotes to think positively.
- Taking joy in living is a woman’s best cosmetic. Rosalind Russell
- Strong women precious jewels all their humanness is evident in their accessibility. We are able to enter into the spirit of these women and rejoice in their warmth and courage. –Maya Angelou
- I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn’t need to hide behind her husband’s back. I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don’t play victim, you don’t make yourself look pitiful, you don’t point fingers. You stand and you deal. You face the world with a head held high and you carry the universe in your heart. –C. Joybell C
- I’ve always loved strong women, which is lucky for me because once you’re over about twenty-five there is no other kind. Women blow my mind. The stuff that routinely gets done to them would make most men curl up and die, but women turn to steel and keep on coming. –Tana French
- Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses. –Madame Marie du Deffand
- Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression. –Margaret Sanger
- The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet. –Mohadesa Najumi
- The emerging woman will be strong-minded, strong-hearted, strong-souled, and strong-bodied strength and beauty must go together. –Louisa May Alcott
- Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, ‘She doesn’t have what it takes.’ They will say, ‘Women don’t have what it takes. –Clare Boothe Luce
- As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other’s worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and enlightened by. –Madonna
- Wherever you find a great man, you will find a great mother or a great wife standing behind him — or so they used to say. It would be interesting to know how many great women have had great fathers and husbands behind them. –Dorothy L. Sayers
- We’re told that men are strong & brave, but I think women know how to endure, accept defeat & bear physical & mental agony much better than men. –Lisa See
- The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race. –Susan B. Anthony
Short Independent Woman Quotes
It is up to you to decide the course of your life. If you are immune to the influence of others, remember that you possess a great deal more strength than you give yourself credit for. If you set your mind to it, you can do anything. So we have compiled some short independent woman quotes; take the time to read them.
- Own yourself, woman. –Toni Morrison
- Do not live someone else’s life and someone else’s idea of what womanhood is. Womanhood is you. –Viola Davis
- We need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men. –Emma Watson
- Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on. –Serena Williams
- I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own. –Audre Lorde
- Women have to work much harder to make it in this world. –Beyoncé
- A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tiptoed on. –Katlin Foster
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.
Independent Woman Quotes about Career
If someone says you cannot do it, don’t listen to them. Show them they’re wrong. Do more than anyone thought you would. Go beyond what you thought you could. Because of this, we’ve put together a list of independent career woman quotes to help you reach your goals.
- Behind every successful woman is herself.
- I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything. –Kamal Harris
- Don’t judge a woman oh her knees: you never know how tall she is when she stands.
- Some women choose to follow men some choose to follow their dreams. If you wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore. –Lady Gaga
- A man’s money will never excite an independent woman.
- People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer to fulfilment. Actually a job is better for women. –Princess Diana
- The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own. –R.H. Sin
- A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.
- I am proud of the woman I am today because I went through one hell of a time becoming her.
- Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. –Mary Kay Ash
- There is nothing like a concrete life plan to weigh you down. Because if you always have one eye on some future goal, you stop paying attention to the job at hand, miss opportunities that might arise, and stay fixedly on one path, even when a better, newer course might have opened up. –Indra K. Nooyi
- Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. –Golda Meir
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. –Eleanor Roosevelt
Independent woman Quotes on Failure and Resilience
Don’t let your past problems stop you from moving forward. Learn from your mistakes and grow from them. We’ve all tried to deal with bad cards in life, but you shouldn’t let them bring you down. Instead, use it to enhance your abilities and become more intelligent. It’s hard to be a fearless woman, but you’re stronger. We’ve put together a few independent woman quotes on failure and resilience so that you can learn from your mistakes and grow from them instead of being disappointed.
- You’re not in competition with other women. You’re in competition with everyone. –Tina Fey
- Amazing things happen when women help other women. –Kasia Gospos
- There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness and the nerve to never take no for an answer. –Rihanna
- There is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself. –Hannah Gadsby
- No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back. –Kamala Harris
- Women that believe in each other can survive anything. Women who believe in each other create armies that will win kingdoms and wars. –Nikita Gill
- We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It’s time to take ownership in our success. –Tori Burch
- Embrace everything you are as a woman. Even your flaws too. And the things that you want to fix, you make them better. –Kelly Rowland
- The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world. –Charles Malik
- Women must learn to play the game as men do. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Women’s freedom is the sign of social freedom. –Rosa Luxemburg
- There’s nothing wrong with a woman being comfortable, confident. –Selena Gomez
- The most important thing one woman can do for another is expand her sense of actual possibilities. –Adrienne Rich
Final Thoughts on Independent Woman Quotes
Empowering women are crucial in modern society. So, here are some inspiring independent woman quotes from strong, cheerful, and dynamic women who choose to forge their paths in life. We think all the ladies in our culture should benefit from reading some of these powerful independent woman quotes regarding women’s independence.
Women today are not only doing what males traditionally did in terms of providing for the family financially, but they are also doing it on the home front. They are powerful and have overcome significant obstacles to achieve widespread popularity. She has a combination of ferocity, guts, passion, bravery, and resilience.
You will be encouraged and inspired by these quotes about being an independent woman of wisdom about and from some accomplished women who have gone their own way.
We hope you would have liked our complete article about independent female quotes, and you would inspire a lot after reading this article. Pass them to your female friends, we bet they will enjoy them too!