Complacency quotes can be your greatest reminder to keep striving! Our progress is halted by complacency, which kills our vision and stifles our creativity and this is just the reason why these quotes are so important for you.
Being complacent can sometimes prevent us from taking advantage of new chances and makes us reluctant to take risks. Only by pushing ourselves to our limits can we hope to escape the shackles of complacency and live a more fulfilling life.
Complacency quotes help us to do better than what we are already doing as they tell us how you can totally avoid it in your daily life. Tell yourself that you’re capable of doing more than wherever you find yourself now, whether in a relationship or a career.
We have compiled the most memorable quotes about complacency that will help you charge up and stop you from being complacent all the time, read these quotes about being complacent.
Best Complacency Quotes of All Time
Being complacent in one’s professional life, private life, friendships, or safety practices may sometimes be risky. Therefore, you should always strive to improve by trying to create new things, enhance your talents, and be eager to do excellent every day. So read these quotes about complacency.
- Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive. –Andy Grove
- Don’t let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth – don’t let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency.
- I really try to put myself in uncomfortable situations. Complacency is my enemy. –Trent Reznor
- I always say, complacency is the kiss of death. –Shari Redstone
- I hate to see complacency prevail in our lives when it’s so directly contrary to the teaching of Christ. –Jimmy Carter
- My stories are about humanity, about the challenges of surviving and the constant fight against ignorance, inhumanity and complacency. –John Kani
- I just feel like, with rappers, there’s so much complacency. It’s like, ‘Oh, I’m a rapper. I’m successful. I make money. That’s all that matters.’ But there’s a lot of stuff going on in the world. Whether or not you’re aware of it, it’s happening. –J. Cole
- I enjoy turning things on the audience. I really like working in genre because people come into the films with certain expectations. They know the tropes so well that, when you turn on those, it can be shocking because there’s a complacency that comes with watching those films. –Ari Aster
- It’s competition that forces companies to get out of their complacency. –John Mackey
- Government is the ultimate monopoly. And monopolies, as any economist will tell you, often breed complacency and a lack of innovation. –Gavin Newsom
- If you don’t have competition in a squad, you can have complacency – and, if you have complacency, you won’t win. –Nikita Parris
- Always first draw fresh breath after outbursts of vanity and complacency. –Franz Kafka
- Experience should be a plus as long as it doesn’t become complacency. If you say, ‘We’re not going to change; we didn’t do it that way before,’ then you’ve become too old. –Marv Levy
Famous Complacency Quotes
If we are content with all of the circumstances we have now, we will not be able to improve upon those circumstances in the future. Read on for motivation from some famous complacency quotes we have selected just for you.
- Complacency is the forerunner of mediocrity. You can never work too hard on attitudes, effort and technique. –Don Meyer
- If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it’ is the slogan of the complacent, the arrogant or the scared. It’s an excuse for inaction, a call to non-arms. –Colin Powell
- I will not allow yesterday’s success to lull me into today’s complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure. –Og Mandino
- Of all the things a leader should fear, complacency heads the list. –John C. Maxwell
- Success can lead to complacency, and complacency is the greatest enemy of success. –Brian Tracy
- Complacency is a continuous struggle that we all have to fight. Jack Nicklaus
- The downfall of every civilization comes, not from the moral corruption of the common man, but rather from the moral complacency of common men in high places. –E. Digby Baltzell
- The average age of the world’s great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage. –Alexander Fraser Tytler
- Sometimes success needs interruption to regain focus and shake off complacency. –Lennox Lewis
- Familiarity breeds complacency. –Rick Warren
- It takes courage to speak up against complacency and injustice while others remain silent. But that’s what leadership is. –Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- Don’t let your success of today lay you into complacency for tomorrow. For that is the worst form of failure. –Og Mandino
- It’s not a very big step from contentment to complacency. Simone de Beauvoir
- What I fear is complacency. When things always become better, people tend to want more for less work. –Lee Kuan Yew
Inspirational Complacency Quotes
The sadness of life is not always in our inability to succeed but in our failure to overcome complacency. It is not our tendency to accomplish too much but our tendency to do too little. And also, it is not in our existing beyond our capacity but in our living beneath our capabilities. Read these inspirational complacency quotes to inspire yourself.
- Complacency is a feeling of being satisfied with how things are and not wanting to try to make them better. Being complacent or having such an attitude can make you overtly content.
- Being complacent at work, personal life or relationships, or safety may sometimes be dangerous. So keep thriving to be better, to innovate things, improve your skills, and be willing to do good every day.
- Don’t be lulled into complacency. –Alan Gerry
- Complacency is our worst enemy. –Mike Apicello
- Complacency breeds mediocrity and steals potential.
- With confidence, but not complacency. –Laurent Fabius
- Sometimes success can bring complacency. –Brad Parscale
- I didn’t want to fall into the trap of complacency. –Taj Mahal
- Poor motivation and alertness cause complacency. –V.S. Parani
- I think complacency is what you allow it to be. –Draymond Green
- Self-complacency is the companion of ignorance. –Solomon Schechter
- An audience shouldn’t listen with complacency. –Peter Maxwell Davies
Safety Complacency Quotes
A safe and comfortable environment may lead to complacency, which is never a healthy position to work from. These safety complacency quotes are pretty fantastic; please take the time to read them so that they may serve as a source of pleasure for you.
- We don’t want to turn the safety net into a hammock that lulls able-bodied people into complacency and dependence. –Paul Ryan
- When I say I ‘believe’ in safety for myself & actively encourage my teammates to believe in safety my passion comes from heart not just head.
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety education is our only political safety outside of this ark all is deluge.
- A sheltered life can be a daring life as well. For all serious daring starts from within.
- Honesty is a warrant of far more safety than fame. –Owen Feltham
- He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither. –Benjamin Franklin
- Complacency makes one as guilty as those who destroy the earth. –Tom Brown, Jr.
- Complacency by the watchdogs hurts both taxpayers and beneficiaries. –Chuck Grassley
- Fear & complacency allow power to accumulate & liberty & privacy to suffer. –Rand Paul
- I like to improve all the time and never let complacency creep into my system. –Sandeep Singh
- You need to have a redesign because familiarity breeds a kind of complacency. –Timothy White
- The moment you start reducing expectations you risk introducing complacency. –Peter Mandelson
Wise Complacency Quotes
Here are some of the most insightful wise complacency quotes to get your happiness fired up and moving forward. Complacency is a mindset that can only be experienced in hindsight; it must be shaken to be confirmed.
- Humility was considered a great virtue in my family household no show of complacency or self-satisfaction was ever tolerated patting yourself on the back was definitely not encouraged, and pleasure or pride would be punishable by death. –Hugh Laurie
- I didn’t want to settle or become complacent after winning a major, I wanted to stay hungry it’s easy to do it’s easy to win a big tournament and kind of get a little lazy, so it’s been a good motivator for me to work a little harder. –Webb Simpson
- I now stood at a crossroads, and I didn’t dare look back at the road behind me the road littered with monotony, complacency and other people’s expectations. –Sarah Penner
- Some call benchmarking and continuous improvement “the race with no finish” because managers and employees avoid complacency with a particular performance level by seeking ongoing improvement organizations that adopt this philosophy find they are able to achieve performance levels previously thought unattainable. –Michael W. Maher
- My mission is to snap you out of complacency and mediocrity, to help you see that God wants more for you. –Kelsey K. Thornton
- My fear now is of cliché, of complacency, of not being able to feel authenticity in myself and those around me. –John Hawkes
- The thought and belief that love is enough is for people who prefer complacency over continuous sensual growth. –Lebo Grand
- Mediocrity is a pit that swallows people who have rested on seats of complacency for too long. –Israelmore Ayivor
- We have only two modes – complacency and panic. –James R. Schlesinger
- Complacency is the death of innovation. –Michelle Sandlin
- A complacent satisfaction with present knowledge is the chief bar to the pursuit of knowledge. –B. H. Liddell Hart
Thought-Provoking Complacency Quotes
Sayings about complacency are excellent and thought-provoking when you feel overwhelmed by satisfaction. You really need to shake yourself and ask, am I really doing enough? These thought provoking quotes will give you ideas on how you can get yourself striving for motivation again!
- An audience shouldn’t listen with complacency. –Peter Maxwell Davies
- I hate complacency. I play every gig as if it could be my last, then I enjoy it more than ever. –Nigel Kennedy
- My fear now is of cliche, of complacency, of not being able to feel authenticity in myself and those around me. –John Hawkes
- Companies selling a product play down its vulnerability and emphasize its robustness. But only after technology leaves the dock is it really tested. For human operators in control of a supposedly infallible system, complacency and overconfidence can take over, and caution may be thrown to the wind. –Henry Petroski
- I didn’t want to fall into the trap of complacency. –Taj Mahal
- I think in my late 20s, I was starting to enter that realm of complacency, which is the most terrifying place I can imagine as an artist. I felt time creeping up on me. –Juliette Lewis
- With my own work, I’ve always tried at least to wake people up and shake them out of their complacency. And that’s always easier if I’m working with an artist who really has something to say. –Jonas Akerlund
- A higher rate of urgency does not imply ever-present panic, anxiety, or fear. It means a state in which complacency is virtually absent. –John P. Kotter
- Complacency is a state of mind that exists only in retrospective: it has to be shattered before being ascertained. –Vladimir Nabokov
- Safety and comfort comes with complacency, and that’s never a good place to be working from. –Elijah Wood
- With success comes complacency if you let it happen. It is human nature; there is that urge to think about how well you have done. –Chris Coleman
- Complacency is not an option when so many of our citizens are struggling to make ends meet. –John Bel Edwards
- We face fear many times a day, in many ways, and usually we turn away from it. It often hides itself behind laziness and complacency, which are its shadows and aliases. We accept the things-as-they-are world in which we are comfortable. –Rick Tumlinson
Complacency Quotes to Inspire You to Hustle
Read some best complacency quotes to inspire you to hustle. The disaster of life is frequently not that we fail but don’t try hard enough. It’s not that we do too much, but we don’t do enough. It’s not that we live above our means, but that we live below our abilities.
- We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there is such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action. –Martin Luther King, Jr.
- When a great team loses through complacency, it will constantly search for new and more intricate explanations to explain away defeat. –Pat Riley
- Safety and comfort comes with complacency, and that’s never a good place to be working from. –Elijah Wood
- Complacency is the deadly enemy of spiritual progress. The contented soul is the stagnant soul. –Aiden Wilson Tozer
- Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge. –Roy T. Bennett
- Complacency delivered us into the hands of evil greedy men like Cheney. –Sonia Rumzi
- The simple rule to abide by and become excellent is that “don’t see what you have achieved yesterday with the same pleasure eyes you used to see it when it was done by you”. Look forward and do better than you did earlier. –Israel more Ayivor
- Often we hate in others the thing which we fear in ourselves; or we hate because the other person raises to our consciousness some fault or inadequacy which we would prefer to have remain unconscious, and therefore without power to disturb our self-complacency. –Frances G. Wickes
- Happiness is death by complacency. –Laz Ingram
- I think it’s dangerous to think that you’re successful, because then you become complacent. –Tommy Hilfiger
- Success requires enough optimism to provide hope and enough pessimism to prevent complacency. –David Myers
- There’s a huge dichotomy between people who grow up with alienation, which, for me, was invaluable, and people who grow up so completely privileged that it breeds this complacency and lack of desire to question or challenge or do anything significant. –Glenn Greenwald
- A complacent player is a lazy player, and a lazy player is a loser. –Darryl Sutter
- You can never get complacent because a loss is always around the corner. –Venus Williams
- A wise man knows learn from others, never get complacent and know where the classic old dangers come from. –Bear Grylls
- Our civilization survives in the complacency of cowardly or malignant minds a sacrifice to the vanity of aging adolescents. In 1953, excess is always a comfort, and sometimes a career. –Albert Camus
Complacency Quotes in the Bible
Bible verses about complacency are insightful. Poems from the Old and New Testaments that speak to the dangers of complacency have been included here. Take some time to read these spiritual complacency quotes to inspire yourself towards success and fulfillment.
- Tremble, you complacent women; shudder, you daughters who feel secure! Strip off your clothes, puts a cloth around your waists. –Isaiah 32:11
- At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and punish those who are complacent, who are like wine left on its dregs, who think, ‘The LORD will do nothing, either good or bad. –Zephaniah 1:12
- I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other. –Revelation 3:15
- The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat. –Proverbs 13:4
- For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. –Matthew 6:32-33
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. –Matthew 6:32-33
- Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. –Corinthians 11:23-25
- Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. –Corinthians 11:23-25
- Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea. –Corinthians 11:23-25
- I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. –Philippians 4:12-13
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. –Philippians 4:12-13
Complacency Quotes in Business
Quotes about complacency in business represent how you are fond of your comfort zone instead of working hard for the betterment of your business. It means quotes about comfort in business, and comfort in business can kill your business. Red these to think mindfully!
- If complacency is bad for business, it can also be bad for the human spirit. –Simon Silva
- The tragedy of life is often not in our failure, but rather in our complacency; not in our doing too much, but rather in our doing too little; not in our living above our ability, but rather in our living below our capacities. –Benjamin E. Mays
- He who is content with what has been done is an obstacle in the path of progress. –Helen Keller
- There’s no illusion as permanent as that which enables us to look backward with complacency; there is no mental process as deceptive as the comparing of recollections with realities. –Agnes Repplier
- You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle. –Julien Smith
- You or I might think that at least one would show courage and put up a fight. But neither you nor I have suffered as they, and even we have born witness in silence to lesser ills under less dire threat. Yet, in the face of evil, to sit silent is an even greater evil. Complacency is ever the enabler of darkest deeds.
- The great menace to the life of an industry is industrial self-complacency. –Joyce Carol Oates
- Nothing is to me more distasteful than that entire complacency and satisfaction which beam in the countenances of a new-married couple. –Charles Lamb
- Don’t let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth don’t let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency. –Aesop
- To take the measure of oneself by reference to one’s colleagues leads to envy or complacency rather than constructive self-examination. –Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.
Complacency Quotes at Work
Complacency at work occurs when employees become so confident in their abilities that they take potentially risky shortcuts, perform at a lower level, or are oblivious of flaws. Read these quotes about complacency at work.
- I’m a strong supporter of comfort breeds complacency. Growing up poor I wasn’t comfortable, my mom had to work so hard and I woke up one day and decided I was not going to come home until I could help her pay the bills. –Farrah Gray
- People are taking it for granted that [the Negro] ought not to work with his head. And it is so easy for these people among whom we are living to believe this; it flatters and satisfies their self-complacency. –Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I think, like a lot of actors and people in the arts who are struggling to get where they want to be, you spend a lot of time sitting around grumbling about how you’re not doing the kind of work you really want to do. But there’s a lot of complacency in that, too. –Mary Elizabeth Winstead
- The hole in the ozone layer is a kind of skywriting. At first it seemed to spell out our continuing complacency before a witch’s brew of deadly perils. But perhaps it really tells of a newfound talent to work together to protect the global environment. –Carl Sagan
- Listen to Mr. Complacency long enough and he’ll convince you that what you really, really need is a nap. –Alex And Brett Harris
- If you look around, complacency is the great disease of your autumn years, and I work hard to prevent that. –Nick Cave
- Self-esteem is not the same as being self-centered, self-absorbed or selfish. Self-esteem is also not complacency or overconfidence, both of which and set us up for failure. Self-esteem is a strong motivator to work hard. Self-esteem is related to mental health and happiness. –Glenn R. Schiraldi
- The gain isn’t counted to the recluse and inactive that, having nothing to measure themselves by and never being tested by failure, they simmer and soak perpetually in conscious complacency.
- Complacency will be the architecture of your downfall. –Jeremy Gutsche
- Moral stimulation is good but moral complacency is the most dangerous habit of mind we can develop, and that danger is serious and ever-present. –Joseph Grew
Complacency Quotes That Remind Not to Be Complacent
Have you been struggling with being too satisfied with your achievements and don’t feel the motivation to do more? Well, these quotes about not being complacent will help you overcome this easily! We hope you would like these don’t be complacent quotes.
- Outlier complacency is a heuristic that allows a person to enjoy the thrill of danger associated with the possible negative outcome of an activity or event because they take comfort in the reality that the likelihood of an actual negative outcome is statistically low. –J.K. Franko
- Human beings, as I know better than most, can get used to anything. Over time, even the unthinkable gradually wears a little niche for itself in your mind and becomes just something that happened. –Tana French
- Never be complacent about the current steps; don’t agree and follow the status quo. Be determined that you are making an indelible impact with great change. Now, dress up and go to make it happen. –Israelmore Ayivor
- Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad that with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain. –A.W. Tozer
- We’re a complacent society, hard to get riled up in the first place, and then when we do, it’s misdirected. –Bill Maher
- Complacency is one of the reasons affecting personal development. Complacency will make you more and more subjective, delusional about your own abilities, from which you will be left behind, unable to promote.
- Indeed, the frightening thing in life is complacency. Man can spend a year, ten years or more to build success, but complacency like a poison can kill that success in seconds. Each of us must know how to manage, control ourselves, and must have direction, consistency and constant effort. It is the antidote to the smug poison.
- Complacency is the enemy of progress. –Dave Stutman
- The tragedy of ignorance is complacency. –Robert Quillen
- The biggest mistake to me is complacency. –Bonnie Hammer
- The hardest obstacle I’ve had to overcome is complacency. –Malcolm Goodwin
More Complacency Quotes and Sayings
Here are some of the best complacency quotes and sayings. “Never be satisfied with how things are going now; don’t just go along with the way things are. Be aware of making a lasting difference by making big changes. Now, put on your clothes and go make it happen!”
- If you don’t have competition in a squad, you can have complacency and, if you have complacency, you won’t win. –Nikita Parris
- I will not allow yesterday’s success to lull me into today’s complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.–Og Mandino
- Comfort leads to complacency, and complacency kills. For this reason, I believe that we all should be a little uncomfortable in our jobs.
- For me, faith is more about aspiration than complacency the smug satisfaction that other people find distasteful. –Tom Hollander
- You want to have butterflies in your stomach, because if you don’t, if you walk out onstage complacent, that’s not a good thing. –Joan Jett
- The ultimate solution to the problem of spiritual complacency is to create a systematically embedded culture of holy urgency. –Alan Hirsch
- There is no place for arrogance or complacency in racing because you are up there one minute and on your backside the next. –Tony McCoy
- History and experience tell us that moral progress comes not in comfortable and complacent times, but out of trial and confusion. –Gerald R. Ford
- Worthwhile books trouble our complacency, sharpening our minds and senses. Some are dangerous, and they, too, must be published. –Peter Mayer
- Only by becoming poor ourselves, by stripping away our complacency, will we be able to identify with the least of our brothers and sisters. –Pope Francis
- Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best a monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity. –Nancy Pearcey
- Our best enemy is the one who challenges us, and so doing, teaches us to set out to discover our potentials, while our worst friend is the one who is numbing us and lulling us into complacency, always being consenting or acquiescent. –Erik Pevernagie
Final Thoughts on Complacency Quotes
Complacency quotes tell us that to what level it is okay to be satisfied with your success and when can it get dangerous! After all, being in a state of complacence can lead to devastating circumstances. You might be left behind just because you see yourself as fully adapted in a certain environment which is actually just an illusion.
This article provides quotations and sayings from notable individuals from many walks of life who, upon realizing the destructive nature of complacency, choose to break free from its restraints.
Quotes about being complacent can help you succeed in life by avoiding it. They make you realize how far you are from your goals while you think that you have possibly achieved everything.
Sometimes, complacency quotes, can be a brain booster. All you need to do is take these quotes seriously and challenge yourself. These quotes and sayings about complacency tell you exactly how harmful it can be so read these in-depth and you will understand it all clearly!