Quotes about giving back contain morals that can be applied to all aspects of life. What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “giving back?” Most likely to give something back to someone. But there’s more to it than that.
These giving-back quotes will help you comprehend it completely.
It is never easy to give something when you know there will be no reward in return. That something doesn’t need to be materialistic. Giving people your time, advice, attention, and love can make them happy.
When you know who you can turn to when life isn’t going your way, it feels secure inside. It is the meaning of the messages conveyed by quotes about giving back.
Check out our list of sayings about giving back, which can help you to become kind towards people and help you to recognize your blessings and be grateful for them. We carry an aim to raise the standards of their giving.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Best Quotes about Giving Back
The following best quotes about giving back make you realize how we can make ourselves happy by giving something to someone who was in a need of a particular thing. The feeling of satisfaction will strike you differently.
- I think that if you start teaching about giving back and helping other people young, that will be a given for your child their whole life. –Eva LaRue
- I absolutely believe in the power of tithing and giving back. My own experience about all the blessings I’ve had in my life is that the more I give away, the more that comes back. That is the way life works, and that is the way energy works. –Ken Blanchard
- To me, giving back is so important. It makes others feel good which then in return makes me feel good. –Katie Cassidy
- When you’re in a position to have gotten so much, the gift at this point is giving back. –Paul Stanley
- Giving back involves a certain amount of giving up. –Colin Powell
- All you have shall someday be given therefore, give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors. –Kahlil Gibran
- If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. –George MacDonald
- My humanitarian work evolved from being with my family. My mom, my dad, they really set a great example for giving back. My mom was a nurse; my dad was a school teacher. But my mom did a lot of things for geriatrics and elderly people. She would do home visits for free. –Cat Cora
- Giving Back reframes portraits of philanthropy. –Valaida Fullwood
- When I make commitments I like to stick to them, especially when I’m giving back to kids. Just giving them an example of what they can achieve. I love giving back to kids. It’s fantastic. –Maria Sharapova
- Success is not easy and I think everyone should know that hard work and perseverance and being open to giving back are so much more powerful than stepping all over people to get to the top. –Misty Copeland
- I do things – whether it’s donations or events for good causes or giving back to my community – for the right reason: because I want to. Because it’s the best thing to do. I want to help someone else out. –LeSean McCoy
- The play is the source; it is orchestrated with words. In a movie, you are not dealing with as much as that. There are machines and wires. When you’re acting for a camera, it keeps taking and never giving back. –Al Pacino
Famous Quotes about Giving Back
Read our famous quotes about giving back from the list below, which depicts the significance of giving back. We have received many blessings from our mother nature. It’s time to pay back a little.
- If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind. –Norman Vincent Peale
- If you could see or feel the suffering you wouldn’t think twice. Give back life. Don’t eat meat. –Kim Basinger
- I Am so lucky, I have been so successful, so much has come my way. I want to give back. –Vendela Kirsebom
- I’m very fortunate to have been raised in my family. I learned early about the importance of giving back. –Patrick Schwarzenegger
- Not only is Rip Hamilton an outstanding basketball player, he is also known for giving back to his community. –Jim Gerlach
- It’s never too early to involve your kids in giving back and the more hands-on the experiences are, the better. –Soleil Moon Frye
- Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more. –Tony Robbins
- I believe that as much as you take, you have to give back. It’s important not to focus on yourself too much. –Nicole Kidman
- Those who devote their lives to serving our country, children, and neighborhoods are giving back. They have answered the call to serve. –Jennifer Granholm
- Having constant supporters and people who are always there and always giving back and knowing that they’re loving what you’re doing is always awesome to see. –Jake T. Austin
- There are plenty of easy things that you can do from the comfort of your own home to get you started on the path of giving back. –Jenna Morasca
- Most successful entrepreneurs share their knowledge as a way of giving back. They do not demand compensation. Those who do are usually trying to take advantage of you. –Vivek Wadhwa
- Love life. Engage in it. Give it all you’ve got. Love it with a passion because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it. –Maya Angelou
Motivational Quotes about Giving Back
If life is in your favor many times, you can show appreciation by giving back the rewards that you have received. If you ever find it difficult to give something, our motivational quotes about giving back will make it easy.
- I love everything about the holidays: the decorations, the parties, and spending time with friends and family. What I love most is that feeling of giving back. Every bit counts. –Brad Goreski
- My dad has always taught me these words: care and share. That’s why we put on clinics. The only thing I can do is try to give back. If it works, it works. –Tiger Woods
- The best way to help the Latino community is to give back. I love giving back; I’m quiet about God and what I do, but we do a lot in the Dominican Republic. –Daddy Yankee
- Giving back, doing motivational speeches and stuff like that, that’s always made me feel good. If you repeatedly go out there, and you are the change that you want to see, then that’s what you are. –Keke Palmer
- My father very generous, very philanthropic, very charitable man. My siblings and I and my mother continue with always appreciating and always giving back. It’s something I hope that I’ve become a role model for my children. –Steve Tisch
- Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. –Naveen Jain
- I wanted to perform well for my mom and dad, because in high school, I didn’t have a job. My brothers, they worked at Pizza Hut or places like that, but sports, that was my way of giving back. –Junior Seau
- I think the importance of doing activist work is precisely because it allows you to give back and to consider yourself not as a single individual who may have achieved whatever but to be a part of an ongoing historical movement. –Angela Davis
- Hope and purpose in this world is living as best as you can and maybe having life that gives back. But simply giving back isn’t purpose it’s a branch of purpose, but it is not the trunk or root of the tree. –Nick Vujicic
- I understand the importance of giving back, and that’s something I definitely want to do. –Jacoby Ellsbury
- When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. –Maya Angelou
- It’s all about giving back, helping people and encouraging people. I love to do that. –Julie Andrews
- Every time a horse let you up onto its back, it’s giving you its life. Every time. –Matthew Woodring Stover
- There are people out there who want to provoke me and bring back the old Mary but I’m not giving them the satisfaction. –Mary J. Blige
- The only people who need to be giving back are thieves, criminals and corrupt individuals that are taking things that are not theirs.
Inspirational Quotes about Giving Back
Giving something from your possessions takes a lot of guts. But, in the end, your heart and soul will be happy seeing others smiling. Our inspirational giving back quotes can be effective if you are willing to give.
- For here lies the pleasure of living: In taking God’s bounties, and giving the gifts back again. –Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- When you shoot a movie, the camera is always taking, taking, taking and not giving anything back. –Rodrigo Santoro
- As a person, you want to feel like you’re giving back. That’s something I’ve always enjoyed doing. –Laura Vandervoort
- I have always been interested in giving back, and I wouldn’t want to know a life without giving. –Rachele Brooke Smith
- I’m always inspired by people who raise the bar, whether in their field of work, parenthood, or giving back. –Candace Cameron
- If you only give back what you get from other people, you’re not giving as much as you can. –Ron Kaufman
- Giving back is always something I’m doing I’m honored for this, to always give back to the community. –Dellin Betances
- There’s no point in giving up something you enjoy unless you get something back that’s even better, and quickly. –Dean Ornish
- My parents taught my sister and me the importance of giving back and making a difference in another person’s life. –Beyonce Knowles
- So it’s like the underground world no longer exists economically cause they’re not giving money back to their supporting artists. –Kool Keith
- I want my music to feel like I’m giving something to someone else and not that I’m expecting something back. –Kris Allen
- I wanted to enjoy the process. I wanted to enjoy just being on stage and giving back and the feedback. –John Leguizamo
- The name Reflect It Back comes from the idea of not only giving back but also seeing yourself in someone else. –Max Carver
- My center is giving way, my right is pushed back, my left is wavering. The situation is excellent. I shall attack. –James Keller
- A giving which gives only its gift, but in the giving holds itself back and withdraws, such a giving we call sending. –Martin Heidegger
Positive Quotes about Giving Back
If you ever feel that giving back will make your belonging lesser in quantity, then you are selfish. Positively think that God will give you more. You can make your mind clearer by following positive quotes about giving back.
- Life is not about maximizing everything, it’s about giving something back like light, space, form, serenity, joy. You have to give something back. –Glenn Murcutt
- I never thought about leaving a tennis legacy. I always thought about leaving a legacy of fulfillment, living out your dreams, and giving back. –Serena Williams
- When you really listen to another person from their point of view, and reflect back to them that understanding, it’s like giving them emotional oxygen. –Stephen Covey
- The goal is not only to earn high returns at the top of the cycle but also to avoid giving them back at the bottom. –Duff McDonald
- There’s much more we can be doing in Parliament, we could be giving more power back to people at local government level, through local referendums. –Theresa May
- Madonna is a feminist and has been doing more for the cause than all the grumpy feminists, who are giving nothing back by being grumpy. –Christian Louboutin
- The red sole was born from red nail polish. I am giving back to beauty what the shoes took from the nails many years ago. –Christian Louboutin
- Back of the sound broods the silence, back of the gift stands the giving Back of the hand that receives thrill the sensitive nerves of receiving. –Richard Realf
- My concerns have been about myself and not about giving something back and putting something in, even though that’s been in the back of my head. –Donald Byrd
- His kisses were gifts. He kissed with everything he had, with power and passion and hunger and love. He held nothing back, giving everything, exposing everything. –Sylvia Day
- Michael Jackson has a very good heart. He was crying when he was giving me the award, because his mind went back over the early days. –James Brown
- I trudged around on the muddy river bottom for half an hour, patiently waiting to drown, before giving up and slogging my way back to shore. –Mary Janice Davidson
- You own a piece of me, he murmurs as he holds me afterward. Good I tell him. “And just so you know” I’m never giving it back. –Simone Elkeles
Short Quotes about Giving Back
Following short quotes about giving back makes it subtle to convey the message about how we can make many lives better by giving back something. You don’t know if any person makes good wishes for you.
- Giving back is the new luxury. –Franca Sozzani
- If you are giving back, you took too much. –Ricardo Semler
- I feel like giving back is in my blood. –Chaske Spencer
- I get madder and madder on giving back what I feel. –Claude Monet
- I have a genuine belief in giving back to the community. –JJ Ramberg
- By giving away with kindness, you get it back with greatness. –Debasish Mridha
- I believe in giving back. –Laura San Giacomo
- People of excellence go the extra mile to do what’s right. –Joel Osteen
- I like being successful. Giving back is just a part of that. –Peter Loftin
- Giving back or giving forward is the one true law of marketing. –John Kremer
- Artists, by definition innocent, don’t steal. But they do borrow without giving back. –Ned Rorem
- You can Light Up the Whole World by Giving without any Expectation Back. –Wayne Dyer
- Giving. What flows away from you flows back magnified: Become a joyful giver. –Mike Todd
- Innovation, having fun and giving back, should be the core values for everyone. –Hillary Clinton
- Though art the Sun of other days. They shine by giving back the rays. –John Keble
Inspiring Quotes about Giving Back
Doing one good deed is easy, but making it a principle and even a habit is hard to be determined. Read the following inspiring quotes about giving back to give yourself a boost and learn what is truly valuable in one’s life.
- Giving back is the right thing to do, whether it’s donating clothing or even just a smile to someone who needs it. –Becky G
- Giving back to the communities and institutions that helped us achieve success is a value we share and a privilege we embrace. –Dinesh Paliwal
- It’s not about giving back if you’re successful or a celebrity or how much money you have: it’s about your responsibility as an adult to help others. –Trisha Yearwood
- I believe that we all have a responsibility to give back. No one becomes successful without lots of hard work, support from others, and a little luck. Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful. –Ron Conway
- It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. –Adrian Grenier
- I am a huge believer in giving back and helping out in the community and the world. Think globally, act locally I suppose. I believe that the measure of a person’s life is the affect they have on others. –Steve Nash
- It was just the DNA of my family. Giving back didn’t feel like an entitlement; it was an obligation. –Marc Platt
- Giving back is really important. My mother always instilled in me that you have to help others. –Vick Hope
- Personal philanthropy must be separated from corporate philanthropy. Personal philanthropy is more about giving back to society, or giving forward, as it is now referred to. –Rohini Nilekani
- I was always taught about the importance of giving back and helping those less fortunate. I think it’s also incredibly rewarding. –Claire Holt
- If you aren’t born here, to be a real New Yorker, you have to bring your talent, be a successful mentor, and support the New Yorkers who made the city by giving back. –Daniel Boulud
- Everything good that I know was taught to me by great teachers and I feel like giving back and sharing the technique is the thing to do. –Betty Buckley
- Giving back is something that comes from the heart to me. It’s not that I do it because it’s the right thing: I do it because I want do it. –Henry Kravis
Quotes about Giving Back to the Community
Community involves our loved ones. People who have watched you grow up and interact with you since you were a child. These giving back to the community quotes can convenience your heart by giving back the love you received from them.
- What is important is family, friends, giving back to your community and finding meaning in life. –Adrian Grenier
- Maybe I think too highly of myself, but I think maybe sometimes I can give some good advice – sometimes bad advice, I’m sure – and I think that’s a way of giving back. –Taavet Hinrikus
- Coming from a family of preachers, the idea of giving back has been part of my life as long as I can remember. –David Green
- I’ve always been passionate about giving back, not just anywhere, but to my city specifically. That’s extremely important to me. –Tavon Austin
- Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. –H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. –Mahatma Gandhi
- As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. –Audrey Hepburn
- The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves. –Helen Keller
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. –Anne Frank
- If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. –Betty Reese
- At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back. –Denzel Washington
Quotes about Giving Back to Society
You must show love to your society. A place where you were raised and met various people who became friends and family as you got to know them. Giving back to society quotes can help you feel it more deeply.
- At the end of life, we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in. –Mother Teresa
- The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served. –Gordon B. Hinckley
- So long as we love we serve; so long as we are loved by others, I would almost say that we are indispensable; and no man is useless while he has a friend. –Robert Louis Stevenson
- We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you. –Jeff Warner
- A community is like a ship, everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. –Henrik Ibsen
- Community service gives me a valuable opportunity to walk into a different community that is less familiar to me but just as colorful and most importantly, in need. –Caroline Landry
- Community service puts me out of myself and lets me see a different part of myself, which is important to me. –Alwyn Loh
- We can never get a re-creation of community and heal our society without giving our citizens a sense of belonging. –Patch Adams
- Community service is one way of putting your mark on the world and experiencing diversity to enhance your mind and spirit. –Caitlin Chicoine
- The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life. –Jane Addams
- Service is about taking responsibility for what is wrong in the community, and more so, the world and doing something about it. –Amanda Troillet
- Community service is important to me for so many reasons! First and foremost, I take pride in knowing that I am helping to positively affect someone’s life. –Gillian Rappaport
- We can build an economy that does not destroy its natural support systems, a global community where the basic needs of all the Earth’s people are satisfied, and a world that will allow us to think of ourselves as civilized. This is entirely doable. –Lester Brown
- I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people. –Rosa Parks
Quotes about Giving Back to Charity
Giving back and assisting those who are less fortunate is extremely rewarding. You should always be present when it is time to donate to charity. The following quotes about giving back to charity can help you understand the importance of it.
- I really enjoy doing charity, for a good cause, it’s like the least I can do, I really enjoy that stuff. I enjoy giving back. –Alex O’Loughlin
- Fashion and wearing clothes is a daily routine for everybody. What better way to spread the word of giving back and philanthropic ways of life than to wear something that gives back to charity? –Patrick Schwarzenegger
- Charity work is very important to me and gives me an opportunity to give back to my community. I’ve always been a big supporter of many different charities, have donated millions of dollars to them, and it just feels great to do and be able to help others, especially children. –Richard MacDonald
- As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled. –Victor Hugo
- Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven. –Henry Ward Beecher
- To pity distress is but human; to relieve it is Godlike. –Horace Mann
- That charity which longs to publish itself ceases to be charity. –Eliza Cook
- It is more agreeable to have the power to give than to receive. –Winston Churchill
- Charity is no substitute for justice withheld. –Saint Augustine
- A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.
Did universal charity prevail, earth would be a heaven, and hell a fable. –Charles Caleb Colton
- A rich man without charity is a rogue; and perhaps it would be no difficult matter to prove that he is also a fool. –Henry Fielding
- The human contribution is the essential ingredient. It is only in the giving of oneself to others that we truly live. –Ethel Percy Andrus
- Nature does not give to those who will not spend. –R.J. Baughan
- A benefactor is a representative of God. –Benjamin Whichcote
- He who waits to do a great deal of good at once, will never do anything. –Samuel Johnson
Quotes about Giving Back and Gratitude
Try reading our gratitude and giving back quotes that can make you understand that being down to earth and thankful for what you have increases your blessings. Start sharing your blessings with those in need.
- I’m just so very lucky to be able to do what I do for a living, and giving back is a way for me to express my gratitude. I’m so lucky to be in a position to help people, and that’s appealing to me. –PewDiePie
- I’m committed to giving back to the community and will continue to do whatever I can to help people in need. –Al Horford
- Everybody, not just stars, should take up the responsibility of giving back to society. It doesn’t matter how much you give, but what really matters are if you are willing to give something. –Ali
- I give to panhandlers on occasion, especially around the holidays, but have always been involved with charity, which was an important part of the way I was brought up. My siblings and I knew early on in life that we were incredibly fortunate and have never taken that for granted, so we recognize the importance of giving back. –Donald Trump, Jr.
- I feel that public service is so important and giving back, being a role model and helping people in need is something that I would love to do. –Myron Rolle
- As both a local resident and a parent with a CF-afflicted child, I’m thankful for companies like Canon, Chase and Outback who believe that giving back to the community is critical to their role as corporate citizens. –Boomer Esiason
- The gratification of helping others is a very American tradition and a Judeo-Christian tradition. Now it is great to see young people creating funds and giving back in all sorts of productive ways. It’s a terrifically satisfying thing. –Evelyn Lauder
- I really enjoy doing charity, for a good cause, it’s like the least I can do, I really enjoy that stuff. I enjoy giving back. –Alex O’Loughlin
- While I’ve had so many different jobs – I’ve worked in law, I’ve worked in government, I’ve run for office – there’s a common theme. The theme for my entire life has been about giving back. –Reshma Saujani
- I am overwhelmed by the grace and persistence of my people. Maya Angelou
- Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. –Albert Einstein
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. –Margaret Mead
Quotes about Giving Back and Volunteering
Ever tried volunteering? How did you feel after helping people? Didn’t it feel right? If you never tried it, make up your mind with quotes about volunteering and giving back to needy people.
- Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless. –Sherry Anderson
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention. –Oscar Wilde
- If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever. –Kofi Annan
- Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another. –Erma Bombeck
- You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man. – Seth Parker
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others? –Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place. –Natalie Portman
- The purpose of life is not to be happy, but to matter to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all. –Leo Rosten
- If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.
- Interested in learning more about Discover Corps? Request a free catalog here.
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. –William Shakespeare
- Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. –Elizabeth Andrew
- No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.
- The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. –John E. Southard
- It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference. –Tom Brokaw
Final Thoughts on Quotes about Giving Back
We bet that our quotes about giving back have made you realize that there are thousands of people who need help. If God has given you multiple blessings, try sharing them with others.
Wouldn’t you feel happy if someone will be smiling because of you?
The above sayings about giving back don’t mean that you can only help in the form of money. There are other ways as well. You can help by giving your time, love, and affection to those who are in need.
You can serve your society on a small scale and your community on a large.
If still, you got that a little selfish thought of not giving, go through the quotes about giving back again so it can clear your mind regarding sharing what you have.
Share these giving back quotes with your friends and family and also make them feel few of the lucky ones who got all the necessities. Encourage kindness everywhere you go!