Discipline is the base of living a civilized life and self-discipline quotes can help you in maintaining your self-discipline.
For those who are self-disciplined, all their activities of life are maintained well. They give importance to their every moment and live a calculated life to be a successful person.
On the other hand, for those who lack this ability, their life is a mess. They are always late everywhere.
All their activities are disturbed. They are ridiculed by others. They have to feel embarrassed in front of others.
So, these self-discipline quotes can help you in realizing the importance of discipline in your life. They can compel you to live a life of discipline, dignity, and grace.
These quotes for self-discipline can make you aware of advantages of self discipline. A self disciplined person lives a life of success and harmony.
Keep following our self-discipline sayings to bring good changes in your life.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Best Self-Discipline Quotes
Discipline gives you a suitable path to live a life of success, glory and grace. This habit let you do your tasks perfectly. These best quotes about self-discipline can bring miraculous changes in your life.
- I can’t always control my thoughts but I can choose how I respond to them. –David Cuschieri
- With self-discipline most anything is possible. –Theodore Roosevelt
- The first and best victory is to conquer self. –Plato
- You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself. –Jim Whittaker
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit. –Aristotle
- If we were supposed to talk more than we listen, we would have two mouths and one ear. –Mark Twain
- He that cannot obey, cannot command. –Benjamin Franklin
- Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It requires you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results. –Gary Ryan Blair
- Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time. –John C. Maxwell
- When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself. –Albert Einstein
- Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. –Jim Rohn
- Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period. –Lou Holtz
- Trophies should go to the winners. Self-esteem does not lead to success in life. Self-discipline and self-control do, and sports can help teach those. –Roy Baumeister
- By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character. –Grenville Kleiser
- The great master key to riches is nothing more or less than the self-discipline necessary to help you take full and complete possession of your own mind. –Napoleon Hill
- It’s a lot more than mind over matter. –David Goggins
- Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade–off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as a punishment. And that’s the difference. –Lou Holtz
Famous Self-Discipline Quotes
You can find numerous famous quotes about self-discipline right about anywhere. However, we managed to gather quite practicable and rare famous quotes about self-discipline to let our readers do great in their life.
- Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward. –Napoleon Hil
- The whole reason I did a bodybuilding show was to see how far I could push my own discipline. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. –Matt McGorry
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. –Jim Rohn
- Great leaders always have self-discipline –without exception. –John C. Maxwell
- True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline. –Mortimer J. Adler
- Self-discipline calls for a balancing of the emotions of your heart with the reasoning faculty of your head. –Napoleon Hill
- You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. –Marcus Aurelius
- Self-discipline begins with the mastery of thought. If you do not control your thoughts, you cannot control your needs. –Napoleon Hill
- Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing. –John C. Maxwell
- One discipline always leads to another discipline. –Jim Rohn
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. –Will Durant
- Never believe a promise from a man or woman who has no discipline. They have broken a thousand promises to themselves, and they break their promise for you. –Matthew Kelly
- Self-discipline is that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another. –Joseph Addison
Inspirational Self-Discipline Quotes
When you discipline yourself, your life becomes comfortable for yourself and for your dear ones as well. You can participate well in all affairs of life. So here are inspirational quotes about self-discipline to make the cycle of your life smooth.
- The individual who wants to reach the top in business must appreciate the might and force of habit. –J. Paul Getty
- With this magic ingredient, you can accomplish anything and everything you want to, and it is called self-discipline. –Brian Tracy
- It is time to reverse this prejudice against conscious effort and to see the powers we gain through practice and discipline as eminently inspiring and even miraculous. –Robert Greene
- Self-control is strength, right thought is mastery, calmness is power. –James Allen
- Self-discipline is the No.1 delineating factor between the rich, the middle class, and the poor. –Robert Kiyosaki
- Success is actually a short race –a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over. –Gary Keller
- Confidence comes from discipline and training. –Robert Kiyosaki
- Self-control is the key to self-esteem and self-confidence. –Laurance McGraw
- The first and greatest victory is to conquer self. –Plato
- He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others. –Leonardo da Vinci
- Without hustle, your talent will only get you so far. –Gary Vee
- Success is a matter of understanding and religiously practicing specific, simple habits that always lead to success. –Robert Ringer
- Let’s not be afraid to speak the common sense truth: you can’t have high standards without good discipline. –William Hague
- The fact is, discipline is only punishment when imposed on you by someone else. When you discipline yourself, it’s not punishment but empowerment. –Les Brown
Motivational Self-Discipline Quotes
Motivation urges you to do good and great things in life. It let you walk on your track to achieve your goals. Here are several self-discipline motivational quotes to enhance your level of motivation.
- With self-discipline, most anything is possible. –Theodore Roosevelt
- Failure is nothing more than the inevitable outcome of a few small acts of daily neglect performed consistently over time so that they take you past the point of no return. –Robin Sharma
- It doesn’t matter whether you are pursuing success in business, sports, the arts, or life in general: The bridge between wishing and accomplishing is discipline. –Harvey Mackay
- Success is created through the performance of a few small daily disciplines that stack up over time to produce achievements far beyond anything you could have ever planned for. –Robin Sharma
- Self-discipline is about controlling your desires and impulses while staying focused on what needs to get done to achieve your goal. –Adam Sicinski
- In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves…self-discipline with all of them came first. –Harry S. Truman
- The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus. –Robert Greene
- In order to be responsible, you need some discipline in your life. –Donatella Versace
- The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen. –Lee Iacocca
- JROTC students make a commitment to serve their communities at an early age, and they learn the discipline and habits to be future leaders. –Conor Lamb
- It sounds simple telling people to work hard and never quit, but to really execute and demonstrate those principles takes discipline and faith. Those are the two factors that I believe separate the good from the great, the successes from the failures. –Nipsey Hussle
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. –Jim Rohn
Daily Self-Discipline Quotes
In our daily affairs of life, self-discipline is quite important. It keeps all things in a rhythm and circle. Here are multiple daily discipline quotes. Do try to apply them and get a routine of comfort and ease.
- Many people think they want things, but they don’t really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough. –Sophia Loren
- Most people want to avoid pain, and discipline is usually painful. –John C. Maxwell
- Mine is just a simple old human story –of one person trying, with great rigor and discipline. –Elizabeth Gilbert
- The philosophy of fasting calls upon us to know ourselves, to master ourselves, and to discipline ourselves the better to free ourselves. To fast is to identify our dependencies, and free ourselves from them. –Tariq Ramadan
- There is one thing that gets you out of bed in the morning, and that is discipline. Because your dreams and your goals are not there waking up for you in the morning. –Jocko Willink
- Your legacy is being written by yourself. Make the right decisions. –Gary Vee
- I believed in studying just because I knew education was a privilege. It was the discipline of study. –Wynton Marsalis
- I think self-discipline is something, it’s like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets. –Daniel Goldstein
- No person is free who is not master of himself. –Epictetus
- Without any self-sacrifice, how can there be a success? –Lailah Gifty Akita
- I think you can judge from somebody’s actions a kind of a stability and sense of purpose perhaps created by strong religious roots. I mean, there’s a certain patience, a certain discipline, I think, that religion helps you achieve. –George W. Bush
- Waking up early maintains your self-discipline. Get up and read, workout, journal, meditate or grind. How you start the day sets the tone. –Genereux Philip
- Self-discipline is self-caring. –M. Scott Peck
- Overcoming the pain of self-discipline, we achieve our goals and move towards our dreams. –Sunday Adelaja
- By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character. –Grenville Kleiser
- It is in my nature to give the work I have all the discipline and due diligence that I am capable of. –Priyanka Chopra
- Veterans have the skills employers want –discipline, motivation, leadership, and the ability to work on a team. They have made the U.S. military the most effective and respected in the world. –Bobby Kotick
Short Self-Discipline Quotes
If you are a messy person and mix up all the stuff and are unable to manage things in a sequence, then you must strive to become a self-disciplined person. Do you want to know how? Have a look at our short self-discipline quotes.
- A disciplined mind leads to happiness. –Dalai Lama
- Without self-discipline, potentials are useless and mediocrity becomes the plague of life. –Clement Ogedegbe
- If you have control over yourself, you have no desire to control others. –Miya Yamanouchi
- It is foolish to be lavish in words and niggardly in truth. –Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Great teaching requires incredible talent and dedication, strong intellectual ability and interpersonal skills, real discipline and empathy. –Bruce Rauner
- I never met a person as determined as my mother. –Sugar Ray Leonard
- Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability. –Roy L. Smith
- If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. –Buddha
- Discipline is money in the bank. A real friend, true strength. –Henry Rollins
- The discipline of desire is the background of character. –John Locke
- I have to play with discipline in midfield. –Memphis Depay
- Discipline may be identified neither with an institution nor with an apparatus; it is a type of power, a modality for its exercise, comprising a whole set of instruments, techniques, procedures, levels of application, targets; it is a ‘physics’ or ‘anatomy’ of power, a technology. –Michel Foucault
- Having a strong sense of self-discipline helps us to avoid negativity and achieve the greatness we desire. –Amr Okasha
Success and Self-Discipline Quotes
For self-disciplined people, success is an understood thing. It is impossible that you are good at discipline and still face failure. So here are the success and discipline quotes to let you realize their importance.
- You need three things to win: discipline, hard work and, before everything maybe, commitment. No one will make it without those three. –Haile Gebrselassie
- Confucianism is all about tempering your instincts with intellectual discipline, with book learning. –Brian Reynolds Myers
- Depression in failure should never go to heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain. –A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality. –Brian Tracy
- I’m just always looking forward. I spend very little time, looking backward. –Gary Vee
- I believe in discipline, so I’m not the right person to cry about weakness and things like this, but maybe I’m not human. –John Galliano
- The road to character is built by confronting your own weakness. –David Brooks
- Liberty depends on self-restraint. Freedom is freedom only when controlled and limited. –Edith Hamilton
- It is often the simple daily practices that influence our lives in dramatic ways. –Alaric Hutchinson
- That’s why the point isn’t to become smarter, but to become more self-disciplined. –Adam Kirk Smith
- Discipline and unconditional support is earned by understanding and trust and inclusion. Not by isolation, not by nasty tricks. –Colm Keaveney
- I kind of peak at how far I can push my body, and then I run out of determination for the habit and start easing off. It’s really just a lack of focus and discipline. –Sean Astin
- I’m a grazer by nature –fruit, nuts –but I try to discipline myself and sit down for regular meals when the girls are around, as I want to instil good habits in them. –Darcey Bussell
- Whatever you abuse will return to hunt you. Cultivate the self-discipline to use everything within the environment God created them for. –Paul Bamikole
- Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace. –Mike Ditka
- It takes relentless self-discipline to schedule suffering into your day, every day. –David Goggins
- If I couldn’t have discipline, if I sit up eatin’ fried chicken in bed at night, I’d just as soon be dead. I take care of myself. –Jim Brown
Self-Control Self-Discipline Quotes
It is mostly observed that those who are good at self-control, they are also good at self-discipline. Both these qualities are connected somehow. So check these quotes on self-control and discipline.
- Mastery of impulse is all about self-discipline and choice. The mind is a powerful tool with which we have the ability to be in control of ourselves. –Alaric Hutchinson
- It is better to conquer self than to win a thousand battles. –Buddha
- Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr
- Rule your mind or it will rule you. –Horace
- It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back. –Mick Jagger
- We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we can accomplish what they can’t. –Dwayne Johnson
- Self-discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don’t talk back. –W. K. Hope
- A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering. –Dalai Lama
- What lies in our power to do, lies in our power not to do. –Aristotle
- The discipline you enforce today determines the successes you’ll enjoy tomorrow. –Gary Ryan Blair
- There is no magic wand that can resolve our problems. The solution rests with our work and discipline. –Jose Eduardo dos Santos
- Find what you love to do, and go do it. You will never be successful until you have a plan, and the discipline and determination to go through with that plan. –Julius Williams
- The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term is the indispensable prerequisite for success. –Maxwell Maltz
- Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward. –Napoleon Hill
- The discipline is the key to the success of your life purpose; without that, you reach no anywhere. –Ehsan Sehgal
- Your level of success is determined by your level of discipline and perseverance.
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment. –Jim Rohn
- The more I disciplined myself to take notice of the good things in life, the more I began to recognize just how much there is to be thankful for. –Krystal Kuehn
Self-Discipline Quotes for Students
If you are a student and not good at self-discipline, then you can be in hot waters. Your student life is going to be hard on you. We are going to provide a great guide to all our students by compiling quotes on self-discipline for students.
- Discipline trains you to put up with disappointments, every rose has a thorn. –Sai Baba
- The fact is, discipline is only punishment when imposed on you by someone else. When you discipline yourself, it’s not punishment but empowerment. –Les Brown
- I could only achieve success in my life through self-discipline, and I applied it until my wish and my will became one. –Nikola Tesla
- By constant self-discipline and self control you can develop greatness of character. –Grenville Kleiser
- Freedom is not attained through the satisfaction of desires, but through the suppression of desires. –Epictetus
- A disciplined person follows values stemming from their source –the self. –Stephen Covey
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. –Abraham Joshua Heschel
- It’s been said that there are only two pains in life, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, and that discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. –Anthony Robbins
- Self-command is the main discipline. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We don’t have to be smarter than the rest; we have to be more disciplined than the rest. –Warren Buffett
- Discipline is built by consistently performing small acts of courage. –Robin Sharma
- For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories. –Plato
Self-Discipline Quotes and Slogans
You may have heard multiple slogans about self discipline. Hearing this statement for the first time? Do you want to know about self-discipline slogans? Then consult our collection of this category and you will find loads of slogans to implement on!
- The future depends on what we do in the present. –Mahatma Gandhi
- The most successful people in life are the ones who settle their critical issues early and manage them daily. –John C. Maxwell
- That aim in life is highest which requires the highest and finest discipline. –Henry David Thoreau
- We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. –Jesse
- Owens With self-discipline most anything is possible. –Theodore Roosevelt
- Happiness is dependent on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature. –Dennis Prager
- In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first. –Harry S Truman
- Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It requires you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results. There’s a season for sowing a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which. –Gary Ryan Blair
- The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline. –Bum Phillips
- Long–term, we must begin to build our internal strengths. It isn’t just skills like computer technology. It’s the old–fashioned basics of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-reinforcement, self-discipline, self-command. –Steven Pressfield
Self-Discipline Quotes to Empower You
Self disciplined people are empowered people in real sense. Those who conquer their personalities can excel in all other fields as well. Here is an amazing collection of self-disciplines quotes to empower our readers.
- Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power. –Clint Eastwood
- Self-discipline is what separates the winners and the losers. –Thomas Peterffy
- Self-government won’t work without self-discipline. –Paul Harvey
- Work while you work, play while you play –this is a basic rule of repressive self-discipline. –Theodor W. Adorno
- Whether you call it Buddhism or another religion, self-discipline, that’s important. Self-discipline with awareness of consequences. –Dalai Lama
- I see my upbringing as a great success story. By disciplining me, my parents inculcated self-discipline. And by restricting my choices as a child, they gave me so many choices in my life as an adult. Because of what they did then, I get to do the work I love now. –Amy Chua
- Self-denial and self-discipline, however, will be recognized as the outstanding qualities of a good soldier. –William Lyon Mackenzie King
- I value self-discipline, but creating systems that make it next to impossible to misbehave is more reliable than self-control. –Tim Ferriss
- I’ve developed a self-discipline since the time I was a child. –George Hamilton
- Many men and women in the world demonstrate great willpower and self-discipline in overcoming bad habits and the weaknesses of the flesh. –Ezra Taft Benson
- I concluded that Donald Trump lacked the temperament, the judgment and the self-discipline to heal the divisions in our country –which are very real –and to be commander in chief. –Susan Collins
More Self-Discipline Quotes and Sayings
Discipline is required in all spheres of life. Disciplined people are good in managing all their affairs. So here are further sayings about self-discipline to enrich your memory box.
- He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. That is the nature of living creatures. –Friedrich Nietzsche
- I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self. –Aristotle
- Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power. –Seneca
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. –Lao Tzu
- One–half of life is luck; the other half is discipline –and that’s the important half, for without discipline you wouldn’t know what to do with luck. –Carl Zuckmeyer
- Whoever submits himself to a super–discipline can expect great triumphs. –Samael Aun Weor
- Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it. –Thomas Jefferson
- Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them! –Zig Ziglar
- Discipline not just determines success but determines how long you can stay successful. –C Muthu Palaniappan
- I don’t count my sit–ups, I only start counting when it starts hurting, when I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, cause that’s when it really counts. –Muhammad Ali
- Compassion, tolerance, forgiveness and a sense of self-discipline are qualities that help us lead our daily lives with a calm mind. –Dalai Lama
Final Thoughts on Self-Discipline Quotes
Now let’s put all the discussion into a nutshell. You have gone through a huge list of self-discipline quotes. We hope you have learned a lot from our collection.
Do try to follow our self-discipline quotes and see positive changes in your life. You should start managing all things in time. You will feel comfortable if you are a punctual person.
These quotes about self-discipline are specially designed to make your lives better than before and to bring rhythm to your daily routine.
Self-discipline people give birth to a civilized and organized society. Such societies make their success a sure thing.
If we stick to discipline efficiently and effectively, then our life can be full of comfort, peace, and ease. We can kill many worries and issues with this single habit of discipline.
We will be waiting for your feedback on our great collection of quotes on self-discipline.
Have a disciplined and managed life and a great and bright future ahead!