If the title of our article is a bit shocking for you then check out our selfish parents quotes to realize the truth behind it.
Parents are considered the loveliest persons in the world. It is a fact. No one in the world can deny the true love, sincerity and purity of the parents.
As we come into this world, they start loving us, caring for us, feeding us and training us to be a good member of our society.
However, a few parents behave quite indifferently in many aspects. Their point of views towards their kids is quite strange and odd. They may be narcissistic. They love themselves more than their offspring.
So you don’t agree with my thoughts? Never observed any selfish parents? Have no idea about such situations and relations? Then check these selfish parents quotes to believe in my sayings.
These quotes about selfish parents can bewilder you and let you meet the harsh and bitter realities regarding parents. Have a look at these quotes for selfish parents and analyze the alarming situation by yourself!
What Are Selfish Parents?
The term “selfish” is opposite to the “selfless”. The parents are the most selfless creature in the world. The parents love their children more than anything else.
They prefer their kid’s desires over their dire needs. They sacrifice all their likings, dislikes, desires, and priorities to give their kids the best future.
As the kids are born, the parent’s circle of life starts revolving around them. They want to be the best parents. They want to provide all the facilities to their kids.
However, in rare cases, the situation is quite opposite. A few people are very selfish. They don’t want to change themselves for the sake of their children. They love themselves more than anything else.
Being a parent doesn’t mean ignoring yourself. You can still pursue your dreams and careers while spending quality time with your kids.
However, if you just focus on your dreams and follow them blindly while ignoring your innocent ones then it comes in the category of selfishness.
Heartless Selfish Parents Quotes
There is always a very warm and healthy relationship between the parents and the children. Kids love to share their matters with their parents. In a few cases, parents behave in a very selfish manner. To believe in it, check our collection of heartless selfish parents quotes.
- It is the parents’ selfishness that is to blame. Pay attention and participate in the lives of your children. They are your sole hope, your legacy. –Aaron B Powell
- Your child’s happiness should take precedence over your own petty fears and jealousies as a parent.
- Parents raise children, then grow old, and their offspring forget what their parents accomplished for them because their brains don’t remember what happened before they became selfish.
- Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up. –Jonathan Anthony Burkett
- Selfishness stems from a sense of heart poverty, from the perception that love is scarce.
- In their worst times, their broken moments, their furious moments, and their selfish moments respond to your children with love because it is in their most unlovable human moments that they most need to be loved.
- Money doesn’t change men, it merely unmasks them. If a man is naturally selfish or arrogant or greedy, money brings that out. –Henry Ford
- Selfishness is urging that others live as one wishes, rather than living as one wishes.
- Selfish people lose so much in life because they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or express apologies, even when they recognize they’ve made a mistake.
- Selfish mothers lose so much in life because they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or express remorse, even when they recognize they’ve made a mistake.
- Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
- Parents rarely forgive their children for the faults they themselves instilled in them.
- I don’t need a reason to exist, and I don’t need anyone’s permission to exist. I’m the warrant, as well as the sentence.
- Your first obligation as a parent is not to bring chaos into your kids’ lives.
- You don’t get to choose your family, but you do get to choose how they’re allowed to treat you.
- Parents wonder why the streams are bitter when they themselves have poisoned the fountain. –John Locke
Abandonment Selfish Parents Quotes
Parents love to keep their children with them. For their better future and education, they have to send their children away from them. However, a few selfish parents abandon their kids for strange reasons which may include bad relations of the couple. As a result, kids have to suffer. Here are abandonment selfish parents quotes.
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
- Just remember when you are ignoring them, you are teaching them to live without you.
- Denying a child the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of pure evil.
- Children shouldn’t have to sacrifice so that you can have the life you want. You make sacrifices so your children can have the life that they deserve.
- Being a parent shouldn’t be when it is convenient for you. It is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year commitment.
- As a parent, you should be more concerned with your child’s happiness than your petty insecurities and jealousies.
- Your mother’s happiness is not your responsibility. It has never been.
- Anyone can have a child and call themselves a parent. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.
- Real dads support their children without the law telling them they have to.
- Your children become who you are; so be who you want them to be.
- I want some day to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.
- Some scars don’t hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again. –Joyce Rachelle
- Families are homes built on a foundation of trust and love. A toxic family can never be a home, because the foundation doesn’t exist.
- It is a violation of trust to use your kids as caulking for the cracks in you. –Anne Lamott
- Fighting became a way of life and seemed perfectly normal for your family. –Steven Farmer
Unhealthy Relationship Selfish Parents Quotes
You always hear about healthy relationships between parents and children. You know about lovely activities and games which parents and children do together. Here is a collection of unhealthy relationships selfish parents quotes to let you know about the opposite version of the parents.
- Selfishness is that detestable vice which no one will forgive in others, and no one is without himself.
- If you love your children, why brainwash them into thinking the other parent doesn’t care?
- Nothing is weaker or smaller than the man who hurts women or children whether by his actions or by his words.
- They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right? You’d think so. –N.R. Walker
- Being a parent does not give you an excuse for bad manners. –Rosalind Wiseman
- Fear-based parenting is the surest way to create intimidated children. –Tim Kimmel
- Good parenting give headaches, but bad parenting gives heartaches. –Shiv Khera
- There are no illegitimate children – only illegitimate parents. –Leon R. Yankwich
- If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term. –Maddy Malhotra
- Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience you are raising a human being. –Kittie Frantz
- If you teach hatred to your children, one day your child will have that hatred reflected back onto them and onto YOU. –Suzy Kassem
- Today’s troubled homes are made by parents who want to have children but don’t want their children to have parents. –Agona Apell
- Wounded parents often unintentionally inflict pain and suffering on their children. –David W. Earle
- Kids are fat because of lack of parenting. –Ben Shapiro
- You shouldn’t do that. Not to your child. You should carry your own burdens. –Cassandra Clare
- No child is born a delinquent. They only became that way if nobody loved them when they were kids. –Jeannette Walls
- Here’s a shock: An adult who still hangs out in skate parks is a bad parent. –Daniel Tosh
Toxic Selfish Parents Quotes
A few people are very toxic by their nature. When they become parents, they are unable to change their bitterness into sweetness. They keep on behaving bitterly and in a toxic manner. Have a look at these selfish toxic parents quotes to know about such parents.
- An unpredictable parent is a fearsome god in the eyes of a child. –Susan Forward
- No, we don’t control who our parents are. We don’t control what color we are. We don’t control what home we are born into. But we control our attitude. We control our work ethic. We control our drive and our commitment. –Dabo Swinney
- It has been my observation that parents kill more dreams than anybody. –Spike Lee
- You may feel guilty for leaving your family behind, but you’ll never regret moving yourself forward.
- Did you have parents or just some people who thought they should own somebody? –Catherine Lacey
- You have the right to put up a fence between you and your family, and the choice whether to include a gate.
- Parents. Honestly. Sometimes they really do think the world revolves around them. –Randa Abdel-Fattah
- A narcissist parent is easily frustrated by a healthy, independent child that they can’t control through parental emotional manipulation.
- Don’t try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it. –Russell Baker
- When you say No to a toxic family, you say yes to love yourself.
- A person can’t pick up the children and just squeeze them to which-a-way they want them to be. –Carson McCullers
- Narcissist parents don’t care about their children’s feelings at all. Only their feelings matter. –Kim Saeed
- Parent-child relationships aren’t created at birth, they’re created in life.
- Parents are the least likely to forgive their children for the flaws they ingrained in them.
- You must let go of the responsibility for the painful events of your childhood and put it where it belongs. –Susan Forward
- A dysfunctional family is not a family at all, it’s a toxic relationship parading as a requirement.
- A true parent prioritizes their children’s needs and wants over their own.
- It hurts to have a child removed from you for no reason at all but think about the pain of the child who is being used to hurt you. Now that’s painful.
Bad Selfish Parents Quotes
Some people are bad and selfish by nature. Their personality and temperament remain the same when they become parents. Check out our collection of selfish bad parents quotes and avoid being such bad and selfish parents when you are blessed with kids.
- Being a selfish parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.
- My parents loved us, but I wasn’t always sure they liked us. –Tahereh Mafi
- Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.
- They are not sorry for harming you. So, don’t feel guilty for cutting them off. –John Mark Green
- Just remember when you are ignoring your child, you are teaching them to live without you.
- Selfish parents may someday realize what damage they have done that can never be undone.
- Good parenting gives headaches, but bad parenting gives heartaches. –Shiv Khera
- We raise predators by treating children as prey. –Stefan Molyneux
- Put your child’s likes before your selfishness.
- No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education. –Plato
- If your parents ignored you, or if they are just not emotionally available, or if they yell a lot, that is a type of trauma. –Tucker Max
- Unhappiness in a child accumulates because he sees no end to the dark tunnel. The thirteen weeks of a term might just as well be thirteen years. –Graeme Greene
- In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted. It’s talking about them that is forbidden. –Marcia Sirota
- Most children would rather preserve the fantasy of a loving connection with their fathers and mothers, at all costs, even if it costs them their self-esteem. –Keith Ablow
Selfish Parents Quotes for Father
Fathers are mostly strict as compared to mothers. They want to train their kids to face the challenges of bitter society. However, in some cases, fathers are extraordinarily rigid and stubborn. Check our collection of heartless selfish father quotes to know about them.
- Being a father is an incredible experience. A selfish father is more concerned with his personal demands than with the needs of his child. He is, nonetheless, solely accountable for his child. A parent needs to know how his child is developing and his child’s fundamental needs.
- Denying a child, the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of pure evil.
- Fathers should know that sons follow their example, not advice.
- It doesn’t matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was. –Anne Sexton
- A real parent is someone who put their kids above their own selfish wants and needs.
- Sons aspire to either become their father or vie to be his exact opposite.
- A greedy father has thieves for children. –Serbian Proverb
- Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough. –Wilhelm Busch
- There’s really no point in having children if you’re not going to be home enough to father them. –Anthony Edwards
- Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.
- When a father, absent during the day, returns home at six, his children receive only his temperament, not his teaching. –Robert Bly
- Every father should remember that one day, his son will follow exactly how his father put his needs above everyone else.
- A father shouldn’t have to think of his needs first and then accommodate the child’s needs.
- A narcissist parent is easily frustrated by a healthy independent child that they can’t control through parental emotional manipulation. –Shannon Thomas
- Some fathers wonder why the streams are bitter when they themselves have poisoned the fountain. –John Locke
- There’s nothing worse than a man that can be everything to everybody else. Except a father to their own child.
- Boys want to grow up to be like their male role models. And boys who grow up in homes with absent fathers search the hardest to figure out what it means to be male. –Geoffrey Canada
- When you grew up with an absent father, you grew up dreaming and wanting but most of all, you grew up way too fast.
Selfish Parents Quotes for Mother
Mom is the most pure, sincere and true relation on the earth. How can someone be suspicious of mom’s love! There a few selfish mothers who adopt neglecting attitude towards their kids based on different reasons. Examine these selfish mother quotes and be astonished!
- If we, as mothers, are not careful we can begin to find our identity in our children and their behavior. –Sue Detweiler
- Do your kids see your kindness or are you always telling them NO? –Brenda M. McGraw
- When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your child.
- No one, however powerful and successful, can function as an adult if his parents are not satisfied with him. –Frank Pittman
- Your children vividly remember every unkind thing you ever did to them, plus a few you really didn’t. –Mignon McLaughlin
- She shrieked and shrieked for her mother, but her mother was already there. Her mother was the monster. –Holly Black
- The hateful and stinging words of a narcissistic parent can linger in the mind of an adult child long after the adult has left home. –Shannon Thomas
- If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much. –Jackie Kennedy
- Don’t make your selfishness ruin your child’s life.
- Any mother that could be cruel to a child is not going to apologize to that child when they have grown up. –Rayne Wolf
- A good mother never uses her child for her happiness.
- If a mother cannot sacrifice for her kids, she doesn’t deserve them.
More Selfish Parents Quotes and Sayings
History is full of such incidents where parents proved themselves selfish and hurt their offspring intentionally or unintentionally. If you are going to be a parent, check these quotes for selfish parents and avoid repeating the same mistakes and be good parents.
- When you grieve toxic, abusive parents, you don’t just grieve the abuse, you grieve everything you didn’t have. –Lily Hope Lucario
- I built up so much hatred for my parents, like so much anger for the life they had given me. –Tana Mongeau
- The toxic parent sees the child as a threat to their own ego and having the child overshadow the parent is not an option in their mind. –Shannon Thomas
- Many children of toxic parents find it exceptionally difficult to identify who they are once they grow up. –JR Thorpe
- Dysfunctional parents let their children know how burdened they have been by their children and how many sacrifices they had to make in order to raise them. –Dr Marita Sirota
- The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder. –Jim Morrison
- When a child does bad things, the parents are always going to love their child even if they do something bad. –Selena
- Don’t you just love children? If they’re not disappointing you, they’re dead. –Shawn Wickersheim
- My dad had limitations. That’s what my good-hearted mom always told us. He had limitations, but he meant no harm. It was kind of her to say, but he did do harm. –Gillian Flynn
- When you have children, there is no room for lies, no room for anything but the truth. Anything other than that is a bad example, I believe. –Johnny Depp
- What’s so sad is when we’re younger, if you have a bad parent, that is normal to you, and that’s what you think of as healthy. –Jennifer Lawrence
- I never had a speech from my father ‘this is what you must do or shouldn’t do’ but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn’t perfect. –Adam Sandler
- My dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. –Al Unser
- Being a parent is easy but being a good parent is tough as it requires a lot of dedication and goodwill.
- If you want to live in your child’s memory, you must have to live in their lives today.
- Being a selfish parent is the biggest crime you can do to your child.
- When you’re three or seven years old, it’s less frightening to think of yourself as an unlovable, disappointing screw-up than to recognize the fact that you’re living with a monster. –Keith Ablow
- If parents wish to preserve childhood for their own children, they must conceive of parenting as an act of rebellion against culture. –Neil Postman
- Anyone could father a child. But a good parent puts his child’s needs before his own. A parent should be selfless, not selfish. –Penelope Ward
- It’s not the children who sacrifice for your betterment; it’s you to sacrifice for their betterment.
- Never substitute ‘presence’ with ‘presents’. Presents can spoil your child, but your presence will make them a true human being.
- A good parent never uses their child for their happiness.
- I’m worried about parents who aren’t parenting. –Barbara Bush
Final Thoughts on Selfish Parents Quotes
Let’s conclude the lengthy conversation in a nutshell. You have gone through multiple categories of selfish parents and have checked our categories of selfish parents quotes.
These packages of selfish parents quotes must have bewildered you deeply. We introduced you with a new version of parents.
If you are already a parent or going to be parents in the future, then keep a few things in mind. Being a parent doesn’t mean putting your career or future at stake. Keep on doing your lovely things. However, don’t ignore your kids.
Don’t be too materialistic about your children. Try to facilitate them in the best possible. Also, don’t forget to spend quality time with them. Instead of buying costly toys for them and letting them play alone, try to find time to play with them.
These quotes about parents being selfish can help you in avoiding the same mistakes. Learn from these quotes for bad parents and try to be the best parents!