Can you ever think of the existence of something like bad parents quotes? You must have thought of not reading this article anymore. But before doing that, hear us out.
We all believe that our family is everything. They will be the only people standing through our thick and thin. It is not always the case. If you are wondering, is it possible that bad parenting quotes sayings will let you know all?
Some parents never let their children make decisions in their life. It is okay till a certain age, but if they start taking control in your adulthood, things might not end up well.
The following is the message conveyed by the quotes about bad parents.
Some children constantly wish their parents would be like their ideal parents, but the grass is always greener on the other side. Keep reading our bad parents quotes; you will eventually find out.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Heartless Bad Parents Quotes
Following heartless bad parents quotes can help you deal with your parents who always gave priority to their work and not you. Sometimes it does get lonely. After all, parents love is what we need the most.
- Being a parent does not give you an excuse for bad manners. –Rosalind Wiseman
- There are no illegitimate children only illegitimate parents. –Leon R. Yankwich
- What’s so sad is when we’re younger, if you have a bad parent, that is normal to you and that’s what you think of as healthy. –Jennifer Lawrence
- Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children. –Samuel Butler
- Wounded parents often unintentionally inflict pain and suffering on their children. –David W. Earle
- I’m worried about parents who aren’t parenting. –Barbara Bush
- We raise predators by treating children as prey. –Stefan Molyneux
- Being a parent means that you are accepting the responsibility to provide what a child needs. These quotes explain what happens when parents don’t recognize that duty.
- Misbehavior and punishment are not opposites that cancel each other on the contrary they breed and reinforce each other. –Haim G. Ginott
- The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder. –Jim Morrison
- In some sense every parent does love their children. But some parents are too broken to love them well. –Paul Young
- No one, however powerful and successful, can function as an adult if his parents are not satisfied with him. –Frank Pittman
Famous Bad Parents Quotes
These famous quotes about bad parents are the real stories of children who never got their parents love or didn’t feel safe around them. Isn’t it weird that you feel uncomfortable around people who gave birth to you?
- Kids are fat because of lack of parenting. –Ben Shapiro
- You shouldn’t do that. Not to your child. You should carry your own burdens. –Cassandra Clare
- No child is born a delinquent. They only became that way if nobody loved them when they were kids. –Jeannette Walls
- Here’s a shock: An adult who still hangs out in skate parks is a bad parent. –Daniel Tosh
- No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education. –Plato
- If we never have headaches through rebuking our children, we shall have plenty of heartaches when they grow up. –Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Somewhat paradoxically, parenting programs should focus on the behavior of the parents not the behavior of the children. –Timothy Carey
- If your parents ignored you, or if they are just not emotionally available, or if they yell a lot, that is a type of trauma. –Tucker Max
- Spanking a child is about the parent not the child. The child will learn more from positive correction than physical manipulation. –Asa Don Brown
- The majority of parents, without knowing it and without intending it, give very bad examples to their children. –Anne-Robert-Jacques Turgot
- What lingers from the parent’s individual past, unresolved or incomplete, often becomes part of her or his irrational parenting. –Virginia Satir
- Permissiveness is the principle of treating children as if they were adults; and the tactic of making sure they never reach that stage. –Thomas Szasz
- Having a child who is struggling doesn’t make you a bad parent, just as being a child who is struggling doesn’t make your child a bad kid. –Ann Douglas
- I think there’s a lot of anxiety about being seen as a bad parent. There’s still a lot of subjects that I think people aren’t entirely comfortable being honest about. –Adam Mansbach
Sad Bad Parents Quotes
It can be heartbreaking that when you need your parents love and support the most, they are absent from your life. Instead of making up for it, they give excuses. Our sad quotes about bad parents revolve around this idea.
- Did you have parents or just some people who thought they should own somebody? –Catherine Lacey
- Narcissist parents don’t care about their children’s feelings at all. Only their feelings matter. –Kim Saeed
- Don’t try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it. –Russell Baker
- Parents. Honestly. Sometimes they really do think the world revolves around them. –Randa Abdel-Fattah
- A person can’t pick up their children and just squeeze them to which-a-way they want them to be. –Carson McCullers
- Leave your pride, ego, and narcissism somewhere else. Reactions from those parts of you will reinforce your children’s most primitive fears. –Henry Cloud
- It is the selfish parents who are to blame. Pay attention, be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope. –Aaron B. Powell
- People tend to raise the child inside of them rather than the child in front of them. –Joe Newman
- Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them. –Bill Ayers
- The hateful and stinging words of a narcissistic parent can linger in the mind of an adult child long after the adult has left home. –Shannon Thomas
- Narcissist parents do not know their children they aren’t interested in what they have to say unless it affects them. –Tina Fuller
- A narcissistic parent will provoke an independent child to anger in order to feel superior and prove the child’s flaws. –Shannon Thomas
- A narcissist parent is easily frustrated by a healthy independent child that they can’t control through parental emotional manipulation. –Shannon Thomas
Selfish Bad Parents Quotes
There are parents all over the world who choose to have a child and let them be on their own. Parents like these only think about themselves and become careless. For them, we got selfish bad parents quotes.
- They are not sorry for harming you. So, don’t feel guilty for cutting them off. –John Mark Green
- Fighting became a way of life and seemed perfectly normal for your family. –Steven Farmer
- It is a violation of trust to use your kids as caulking for the cracks in you. –Anne Lamott
- In the minds of my parents, they are the victims; I am the abuser. –Christina Enevoldsen
- Parents wonder why the streams are bitter when they themselves have poisoned the fountain. –John Locke
- Some scars don’t hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again. –Joyce Rachelle
- You must let go of the responsibility for the painful events of your childhood and put it where it belongs. –Susan Forward
- To all you parents out there, don’t make your little girls, or little boys, so thirsty for love that they will want to drink water that will poison them. –Lisa Bedrick
- In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted. It’s talking about them that is forbidden. –Marcia Sirota
- When you grieve toxic, abusive parents, you don’t just grieve the abuse, you grieve everything you didn’t have. –Lily Hope Lucario
- My parents loved us but I wasn’t always sure they liked us. –Tahereh Maf
- Your children vividly remember every unkind thing you ever did to them, plus a few you really didn’t. –Mignon McLaughlin
Bad Parents Quotes about Poor Parenting Skills
Poor parenting quotes are for those who don’t know how to take care of the child in their presence. You should never have kids in the first place. Children are a blessing of God; this is what you do.
- My dad had limitations. That’s what my good-hearted mom always told us. He had limitations, but he meant no harm. It was kind of her to say, but he did do harm. –Gillian Flynn
- Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up. –Jonathan Anthony Burkett
- Being a bad parent is a sign of not having learned from experience. –Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that.
- Having kids doesn’t making you a parent. Raising kids does.
- If it’s important to you, you’ll find a way. If not you’ll find an excuse.
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
- It’s a sin if you are a father, but are not around to support your children.
- An absent father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is very late.
- Children feel let down and becomes hopeless when parents leave them alone.
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. –Kent Nerburn
- Your presence doesn’t matter if your absence doesn’t have any impact.
Bad Parents Quotes for Father
There are many children whose fathers abandoned them permanently to absolve them of their responsibilities. Send him our bad selfish father quotes and make him feel ashamed of himself for being such a loser.
- A bad father is a father who is not a good example for his children. He is the opposite of a good father. A bad father will show his children the wrong way, and teach them to do what he does.
- A bad father is one that doesn’t care about his family or himself. He only cares about himself and what he wants to do.
- A bad father is a father who does not fulfill his parental duties to their children.
- A bad father is a father who cares more about himself than his family.
- Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to. –Wayne Rooney
- Fathers should know that sons follow their example, not advice.
- A real man takes care of his kids no matter what the relationship is with the mother of his child.
- Be more than a father, be a dad. Be more than a figure, be an example. –Steve Maraboli
- Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough. –Wilhelm Busch
- Don’t take the title of a man if you simply can’t handle the responsibilities of being one.
- What a difficult time for a child when they find out their parent used and manipulated them to hurt someone they love.
- It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
Bad Parents Quotes for Mother
It is not always fathers. Selfish mothers also exist when she realizes that a child is a lot of work. It scares her, and she ends up leaving. Following selfish bad mother quotes can prove the above statement.
- If we, as mothers, are not careful we can begin to find our identity in our children and their behavior. –Sue Detweiler
- She shrieked and shrieked for her mother, but her mother was already there. Her mother was the monster. –Holly Black
- To feel that you aren’t important to your mother leaves a hole. Most often it is felt as a hole in the heart. It’s the hole where Mother was supposed to be. –Jasmin Lee Cori
- More than any other personality trait, my mother seemed to be ruled by anger and sadness. She seemed to hate being a mother. Watching her unhappiness as I grew up made me conclude that the answer was to try and be as unemotional as I could, which many therapists have taught me is a bad idea. It also made me want to avoid marriage and having children. –Merrill Markoe
- If a good mother is one who loves her child more than anyone else in the world, I am not a good mother. I am, in fact, a bad mother. I love my husband more than I love my children. –Ayelet Waldman
- I work too much to be an appropriate parent. I feel like a bad mom to my dog some days because I’m just not here enough. I just feel like I would do a bad job if I took the time to literally give birth to a kid right now and try and juggle everything I’m doing. –Rachael Ray
- Bad moments don’t make bad mamas. –Lysa Terkeurst
- There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so just be a real one. –Sue Atkins
- One of the darkest, deepest shames so many of us mothers feel nowadays is our fear that we are Bad Mothers, that we are failing our children and falling far short of our own ideals. –Ayelet Waldman
- The ‘good’ mother, with her fixed smile, her rigidity, her goody-goody outlook, her obsession with unnecessary hygiene, is in fact a fool. It is the ‘bad’ mother, unafraid of a joke and a glass of wine, richly self-expressive, scornful of suburban values, who is, in reality, good. –Rachel Cusk
- My interests still are my interests. That doesn’t make me a bad mother. I think that makes me a really good mother, because when I go and creatively satisfy myself and those interests, I come home satisfied. –Charlize Theron
- It was hard to be a mother when you had never been mothered yourself. Your children’s needs remind you of your needs. Their pain reminds you of your pain. All of it reminds you of how bad it felt, how hard it was, how much you wanted and needed and didn’t get. It’s very hard. –Sarah Dunn
- I am a bad mother.’ Every Christmas, this is what I think because the holiday season fills me with such anxiety. I’m sure that other mothers are happily baking cookies, decorating trees, and finding perfect gifts for everyone. –Tess Gerritsen
Bad Parents Quotes for the Worst Parents
Our worst parent’s quotes will help you to detect the wicked ones. These are the kind who make their kids beg them for the staple necessities. Some of you might not believe that parents can be this cruel.
- Believe it or not, the worst thing to hear from your parents is ‘I’m Disappointed in you.’
- Parents who are always giving their children nothing but the best usually wind up with nothing but the worst.
- There can be no doubt that parents are the worst there may be some doubt as to who are the best people to have children, but there can be no doubt that parents are the worst children see in their parents the past, their parents see in them the future and if we find more love in the parents for their children than in children for their parents, this is sad but natural. Who does not entertain his hopes more than his recollections? –John Ruskin
- I feel bad for those people with extremely protective parents that keep them constricted every night. They turn out the worst.
- Parents and children seldom act in concert each child endeavors to appropriate the esteem or fondness of the parents, and the parents, with yet less temptation, betray each other to their children. –Samuel Johnson
- It is a lonely existence to be a child with a disability which no-one can see or understand, you exasperate your teachers, you disappoint your parents, and worst of all you know that you are not just stupid. –Susan Hampshire
- Disappointing your parents is the worst feeling rather than them being mad at you.
- Say you hate your parents? Orphans cry their hearts out to have such loving and caring parents.
- My parents were involved in everything I did. They were showbiz people themselves. My dad was an actor. They were parents; they did what parents are supposed to do. –Tina Yothers
- Sometimes we don’t appreciate the heavy sacrifices our parents are making for us until we become parents. –Terry Mark
- If we measure our success as parents solely by what our children become, there is no inviolable guarantee in Scripture that we will experience absolute success on those terms the true measure of success for Christian parents is the parents’ own character. To the degree that we have followed God’s design for parenting, we have succeeded as parents before God. –John Macarthur
Bad Parents Quotes for Horrible Parents
Being a parent is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three sixty-five days a year of commitment. If you choose to do it only when it is convenient, we have horrible parents quotes for parents like you.
- Good parenting gives headaches but bad parenting gives heartaches. –Shiv Khera
- It is not a bad thing that children should occasionally, and politely, put parents in their place. –Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
- If parents wish to preserve childhood for their own children, they must conceive of parenting as an act of rebellion against culture. –Neil Postman
- A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures. –Daniel Webster
- Bad parenting is when parents don’t take care of their children and don’t teach them how to behave.
- Bad parenting can mean that parents are too hard on their kids and yell at them all the time.
- There are many ways to be a bad parent. Some parents yell at their kids a lot, or they never spend time with them.
- But who’s going to take care of you when you’re older? I’m not selfish I’m going to bring someone into this world just so they can take care of me.
- Self-absorbed people only think about what makes them feel good at the moment. They don’t have any respect or regard for anyone else. Then they wonder why their relationships fail.
- As long as you continue to react so strongly to them, you give them the power to upset you, which allows them to control you. –Susan Forward
- Dysfunctional parents let their children know how burdened they have been by their children and how many sacrifices they had to make in order to raise them. –Dr Marita Sirota
- In the Narcissist parent’s eyes, they do no wrong nor do they feel they should be held accountable for the bad and wrong things that they have done. –Katherine Childress
Bad Parents Quotes for Terrible Parents
You stand out the most when your child is more likely to experience anxiety and depression as a result of your lack of love and attention. Please pray that your child does not read our terrible parents quotes because it may remind them of you.
- You don’t bad-mouth your ex or anything like that. The key is your kid knowing that both parents still love him and are there for him. –Dennis Quaid
- Too many people try to please their parents. My parents were Republicans, which is too bad, but they allowed me to be who I wanted to be. –Grace Slick
- My parents are supportive of anything I want to do, as long as it’s not bad. –Zoey Deutch
- If you teach hatred to your children, one day your child will have that hatred reflected back onto them and onto YOU. –Suzy Kassem
- I hate the bad rap that people give my parents. Because they are just parents, really, at the end of the day trying to stand up for their daughter and themselves. –Lindsay Lohan
- I’m concerned about the insidious influence of the media’s bad messages that undermine the lessons parents try to instill in their sons and daughters. –John Ratzenberger
- The government cannot overcome bad parenting. What our leaders can do is publicly condemn irresponsible parental behavior in vivid terms. –Bill O’Reilly
- No child should ever have to bear the burden of parenting their own parents. To toxic parents, you existed to serve them all the time. –Kim Saeed
- I built up so much hatred for my parents, like so much anger for the life they had given me. –Tana Mongeau
- The toxic parent sees the child as a threat to their own ego and having the child overshadow the parent is not an option in their mind. –Shannon Thomas
- Many children of toxic parents find it exceptionally difficult to identify who they are once they grow up. –JR Thorpe
- Parents who rely on their children for happiness make both their children and themselves miserable. –Dennis Prager
Bad Parents Quotes in English
You don’t deserve your children if you can’t make sacrifices for them. A true parent would give their life, also their last breath! As you read, you will come across more bad parent quotes in English like these.
- Too bad for any parent who has become accustomed to ruling by force, because at some point the kids just get too big to slap around. –Barbara Ehrenreich
- Whatever parent gives his children good instruction and sets them at the same time a bad example, may be considered as bringing them food in one hand and poison in the other. –John Balguy
- If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term. –Maddy Malhotra
- There’s a reason why people who’ve had bad relationships with their parents listen to angry stuff. –Chris Martin
- I hate the phrase kids will be kids. I think it should be replaced with Bad parenting results in assholes.
- Bad kids come from bad parents. Stop blaming music, television, movies bullying, peer pressure, teachers, school system, government and society for your shitty parenting.
- Today’s troubled homes are made by parents who want to have children but don’t want their children to have parents. –Agona Apell
- Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience you are raising a human being. –Kittie Frantz
- It has been my observation that parents kill more dreams than anybody. –Spike Lee
- Do your kids see your kindness or are you always telling them NO? –Brenda M. McGraw
- Denying a child the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of pure evil.
More Bad Parents Quotes and Sayings
There is more to it than all the sayings about bad parents. As a parent, it is critical to treat your children fairly and with love. Understanding what they want can help you as a parent avoid hurting them in any way.
- Unhappiness in a child accumulates because he sees no end to the dark tunnel. The thirteen weeks of a term might just as well be thirteen years. –Graeme Greene
- When you have children, there is no room for lies, no room for anything but the truth. Anything other than that is a bad example, I believe. –Johnny Depp
- It hurts real bad to have that protection barrier between parent and child. –Susan Smith
- My parents’ generation’s benchmark was simple: Fat Equals Bad. –Arabella Weir
- I’m not a bad parent and partner, even if I make a thousand mistakes. –Diane Lane
- When a child does bad things, the parents are always going to love their child even if they do something bad. –Selena
- It was a mixed blessing to have famous parents. It was tough to go to auditions and be bad, since I couldn’t be anonymous. –Ben Stiller
- Losing a parent over eight years is a very dark journey. I spent the first four years feeling bad and angry and sorry for myself. –Lauren Miller
- My parents are really funny. Laughter was a big part of my childhood. Of course, they tell a lot of bad jokes but so do I. I tell a lot of bad jokes. –Cecily Strong
- Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. –Robert Fulghum
- If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much. –Jackie Kennedy
- Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book. –Marcus Tullius Cicero
- If you get offended by words by noises we make with our mouths it means you were raised by bad parents. –Doug Stanhope
Final Thoughts on Bad Parents Quotes
We know that reading these bad parents quotes, you might have felt heartbroken or even cried. Let us tell you this you are not alone. Some children, unfortunately, got parents who don’t care about them.
These bad mom and dad quotes make you realize that you can’t choose your parents and children as you may think of an actual thing. If any parents reading these quotes feel like they have been doing the same, then shame on you.
It is your time to change. Your change should be to an extent where if you ever read these bad parenting quotes sayings again, you find them unrelatable.
Recognize that your child requires love at all stages of his life. Not one, but both of the parents’ love. We understand that caring for them can be difficult, but they do not deserve to be mistreated.
We hope our bad parents quotes help you realize your fault.