Absent father quotes will either make you cry or angry. It is a lot to take in for a family when their fathers are not a part of it anymore. You have no idea how much damage it causes.
Some fathers pass away at an early age or face physical or mental problems due to which they cannot play their role as head of the family. These absence of father quotes are for the ones who grew up without their super heroes.
Some fathers should not be forgiven if they leave the family because of taking responsibility. They do more damage than the ones who passed away.
There are some quotes about absent father who left their families for their own sake. Life is tough and feels incomplete without a father’s love.
The following absent father quotes can make you emotional when you start thinking about your father and the times you spent together.
Heartless Absent Father Quotes
Many children may be angered by our heartless absent father quotes, which may bring back memories of their father abandoning them for himself or another. These fathers are only concerned with themselves.
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. –Sigmund Freud
- A higher rate of urgency does not imply ever present panic, anxiety, or fear. It means a state in which complacency is virtually absent. –Silvio De Bono
- Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.
- As old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
- There would be fewer absent fathers, if straight men were turned on only by women with whom they would not mind having children. –Mokokoma
- To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today. –Barbara Johnson
- The absent are never without fault, nor the present without excuse. –Benjamin Franklin
- A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds, it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change. –Earl Nightingale
- The heart may think it knows better, the senses know that absence blots people out. We really have no absent friends. –Elizabeth Bowen
- Boys want to grow up to be like their male role models. And boys who grow up in homes with absent fathers search the hardest to figure out what it means to be male. –Geoffrey Canada
- We know that children who grow up with absent fathers can suffer lasting damage. They are more likely to end up in poverty or drop out of school, become addicted to drugs, have a child out of wedlock, or end up in prison. Fatherlessness is not the only cause of these things, but our nation must recognize it is an important factor. –George W. Bush
- A committee should consist of three men, two of whom are absent. –Herbert Beerbohm
- My father being mostly absent on duty, my mother suffered me to do as much as I pleased. –John James Audubon
- I come from the school of thought where a dad’s absence is something to be counted on. Now I see all the men with camouflage diaper bags and babies hanging from their chests like little ship figureheads. –Kaui Hart Hemmings
Deep Absent Father Quotes
These deep absent father quotes can leave you in tears when you think of how great your father was and realize the next moment that he is not anymore. Life can be cruel sometimes by taking away your loved ones.
- When a father, absent during the day, returns home at six, his children receive only his temperament, not his teaching. –Robert Bly
- His eyes on all those company, he is tender toward the bashful, gentle toward the distant, and merciful toward the absent.
- When your father is absent, you have to believe in yourself.
- I realize that taking extra effort in contacting my father means nothing to him that’s the reason we stopped talking.
- My dad broke my heart way before any boy had the chance to.
- I decided to put as much effort into contacting you as you do with me that’s why we don’t talk anymore.
- If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.
- Just remember when you are ignoring her, you are teaching her to live without you.
- Only twenty two percent of fathers who don’t live in the same house as their children are actively involved.
- A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
- If a guy has children and he has nothing to do with them, he is a douche.
- I was an absent dad. Once the magazine started, I really had two families. The dream was the magazine. I worked through the night all the time. –Hugh Hefner
- Growing up, it seemed the class was divided in two. Those who had their parents. And those who had a missing dad or mom.
- Real dads support their children without the law telling them they have to.
Selfish Absent Father Quotes
Have you ever considered how a man can abandon his own children simply to avoid responsibility? The responsibility of caring for them and raising them well. We have selfish absent father quotes for people like this.
- It’s not a child’s job to reach out to their father; it’s a father’s job to reach out to their children.
- A real man takes care of his kids no matter what the relationship is with the mother of his child.
- It doesn’t matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was. –Anne Sexton
- It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings. –Ann Landers
- Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough. –Wilhelm Busch
- If you ignore that, ‘ignore’ your child, that’s what you’re going to become a loser, a deadbeat for the rest of your life. –Special Agent Seeley Booth
- Most deadbeat dads are frightened, angry, and depressed men.
- Many people think of child support when they think of deadbeat dad however, these dads also may classify as deadbeat if they refuse to care adequately for their children.
- Deadbeat dads should be publicly flogged! All parents SHOULD live up to their obligations.
- As your kids grow up they may forget what you said, they won’t forget how you made them feel. –Kevin Heath
- Men made God in their image, and he’s a deadbeat dad. Never sends money, doesn’t come to visit, and can’t get him on the phone. –Mimi Gonzalez
- Every dad is the family role model, whether he wants the job or not. –Dennis Rainey
- A greedy (selfish) father has thieves for children. –Serbian Proverb
- Fathers in today’s modern families can be so many things. –Oliver Hudson
- Deadbeat dads are full of hatred, vengeance, and spite. They plunge their kids into poverty or deny them middle-class comfort, just to punish their former partners.
- One of the greatest challenges in collecting child support is that deadbeat dads move from job to job and state to state. It’s hard to keep track of them. –Rod Blagojevich
Emotional Absent Father Quotes
It feels empty because of not having your father’s presence in your life. It is something that will be stuck in your head and can never be forgotten. Following emotional father absence quotes will help you feel better.
- So many of our young women today, they’re growing up without a father, but they’re still thirsty for that and desiring positive male love. –Hill Harper
- I didn’t have a father growing up, and I was raised with all women, and I didn’t really understand men. I thought they were like women, right? –Rene Russo
- What I learned most from my father wasn’t anything he said; it was just the way he behaved. –Jeff Bridges
- Being a father but not being there for your children is a sin.
- The world changes from year to year, our lives from day to day, but the love and memory of you, shall never pass away.
- It is a wise father that knows his own child. –William Shakespeare
- Growing up, I didn’t know about families who were missing a father, because there weren’t any in our neighborhood. Today over a third of American children are born into single-parent homes. Is this all men’s doing? –Timothy J. Russert
- Whenever I am missing you, I also remember how fortunate I was that you were in my life. I wouldn’t trade those moments for the world. –Cindy Adkins
- Death ends a life, not a relationship. –Mitch Albom
- You have to raise your kids, then you can be a real father.
- Deadbeat dads are the lowest form of life on earth.
- My father was a food lover and a deadbeat dad, and maybe a connection between good food and bad dads was forged early, in the deepest folds of my subconscious, where we make so many decisions about our parents. –J. R. Moehringer
- I know an alcoholic is the worst, but sometimes I wonder if it’s better to have a drinking father that lives at home, or a drinking father, that never comes around. –Anthony Liccione
Sentimental Absent Father Quotes
A child without a dad is most likely to face depression, anxiety, insecurities, and behavioral issues. We have sentimental absent father quotes and sayings that will make you go vulnerable about your pop.
- The Absent Father is a father who is not around. This could mean that he is never home, or that he is there but just not very involved in his child’s life.
- An analogy to help explain this might be if one’s school teacher was always absent. The child would probably feel confused and like they were missing out on something.
- Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten. –Conrad Hall
- Hey dad, I did it without you.
- A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. –Maya Angelou
- Only 20% of fathers who don’t live in the same house as their children are ‘actively’ involved.
- If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that.
- My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do be there. –Max Lucado
- The last thing my father told me was, ‘On your way up, take me up. On your way down, don’t let me down.’ I take it very seriously. –Ziggy Marley
- If she could put the hollow ache that haunts her into words, she would tell him, ‘I miss the father you never were.’ –John Mark Green
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. –Kent Nerburn
- More than 72% of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. –Don Lemon
- He didn’t want to be an absentee father. He didn’t want to be like his own father, who thought being a provider was his only obligation to his family. –Maya Banks
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. ~ Unknown Author.
- There’s nothing worse than a man that can be everything to everybody else except a father to their own child.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
Absent Father Quotes from Daughter
Following absent father quotes from the daughter can be heartbreaking. We all know that daughters are the precious ones to their dads. Not having them anymore can break the hearts of their princesses.
- I will even suggest that we don’t have a drug and alcohol problem, nor do we have a crime problem rather, these are only the symptoms that we are experiencing, and the real problem is broken homes that result in broken lives. –Drexel Deal
- The psychological absence of fathers can be nearly as devastating as physical absence. When fathers are alive but not a predictable presence actively participating in their daughter’s lives the relationship becomes a permanent maybe. –Victoria Secunda
- One must balance being a good provider and a father who is there for his children.
- Dear absent father from the mother of a daddy less daughter I just want to say Thank you and you are welcome.
- Father absence has been implicated in anorexia nervosa, in which daughters may exhibit literal father hunger by starving themselves. –Victoria Secunda
- A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman, he turns her back again. –Enid Bagnold
- Daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
- One of the things about being a boy, especially growing up without a father, is you don’t have that role model to teach you how to do things.
- A daughter needs her father more than anything else in the world.
- My mother was the influence on me my father was absent. He was a diamond dealer he was doing wonderful things in the background, and women were left at home. So my mother was in charge of everything ballet, dance lessons, piano lessons, and latkes.
- My parents were divorced and I didn’t grow up with my father, but I spent a lot of time around him, and his influence on me has been profound.
- No matter how old you get. The hole in your heart created by your father’s absence still aches especially on Father’s Day.
- When you grew up with an absent father, you grew up dreaming and wanting but most of all, you grew up way too fast.
- Don’t forgive him. Forgive yourself for believing there is something lacking in you because he wasn’t there. –Iyanla Vanzant
Absent Father Quotes from Son
We’ve all heard the expression “sons are carbon copies of their fathers.” It is what makes the relationship so lovely. It can be upsetting if they are no longer present. The following absent father quotes from son can help to explain it further.
- Many of us might have grown up in a house that lacked love, or even without parental supervision. –Chimnese Davids
- One of the things about being a boy, especially growing up without a father, is you really don’t have that Role Model to teach you how to do things. –Art Alexakis
- Daddy’s in the army, there’s a war in Vietnam / Mama kept us going with her sewing and a prayer / It’s hard to be a family when your daddy’s missing. –Crowell Church
- Fathers have a unique and irreplaceable role in the lives of children. –George W. Bush
- My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. –Jim Valvano
- Father take note! Children will always remember the man who treated them with love and affection. –Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar
- Because my father was absent on naval duty, my mother suffered me to do as much as I pleased. –John James Audubon
- My dad was a good man but an emotionally absent father, and so I had to look for that male attention somewhere else, and found it in a brother-in-law. He just happened to be an alcoholic. –Jim Hamilton
- One of the saddest things in this world, is to see a child grow up hating one of their parents because they only got one side of the story.
- If she could put the hollow ache that haunts her into words, she would tell him I miss the father you never were. –John Mark Green
- Fathers, you are the head and strength of the family unit. If you are not in place, there is a weakness in the link. –Anita R. Sneed-Carter
- So you lied about what you did, how you felt, who you were, and basically pretended to be a fake person who didn’t exist, but you’re calling me crazy. Okay.
Absent Father Quotes from Mother
Only a single mother can understand the depth of absent father quotes from mother. Being a single parent is not easy. They are already sad because of their loss, and at the same time, they need to be strong for their child.
- You know, if fathers just did what they’re supposed to do, half of the junk that we face in the streets wouldn’t exist. –Nathan Hayes
- Real dads are supportive.
- The love you never received as a child, a daughter, or you didn’t get it from your father; he might have been absent your entire upbringing. –Chimnese Davids
- Why do people marry versions of their controlling mothers? Or absent fathers? To have a shot at righting old wrongs. –Blake Crouch
- There is something absent in me, I thought. There was something empty in me that in other people was full. –Julie Schumacher
- A bad father has never a good son. –Latin Proverb
- An absent father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is too late.
- The parents left you on your own and because of that you missed out on the true form of Love. –Chimnese Davids
- No I will not beg or bribe anyone to be involved in my children’s lives. If you don’t come around, it sucks to be you.
- He was supposed to be the first male love of your life you still search for him everywhere.
- There should be an anti-father’s day. A bad dad’s day. That way I could truly say you are the best.
- I remember when I was the twinkle in my daddy’s eyes. Then he left one day without saying good bye.
Forgiving an Absent Father Quotes
Sometimes the hatred towards an absent father is unnecessary. Many relationships don’t tend to work out, and it leads towards a divorce. Forgiving an absent father quotes will help you to understand better.
- The average man is drowning in a turbulent sea of obligations, unmet expectations, and duties that even Superman would struggle to fulfill.
- The dreams of men have been shattered by the cold reality of life.
- Many men are lonely.
- God’s greatest and most fantastic creation human beings looks at you in the mirror every morning, buys Starbucks coffee with you, and, yes, even cuts you off in morning traffic.
- That moment was a turning point in my life. I decided to live as though he did not exist. I became determined to show my dad that I could make it without him. Many men fail to live a heroic life because they are being held prisoner by their father wounds.
- Anger and forgiveness rule in your heart instead of love. These feelings toward your father are like you drinking poison and hoping he dies.
- Every little boy naturally sees his father as a godlike figure.
- It was not until I embraced God as my Father that I was empowered to forgive my earthly father and develop a healthy relationship with him.
- None of our fathers are perfect, and none of us will be perfect fathers. But there is a Perfect Father who loves you and cheers you on.
- Write your father a letter, even if they are dead. Tell him that you forgive him, and that you love him. If you do not feel this way, pray and ask God to give you the power that is needed.
- Your child feels let down and loses hope in you when you leave them.
- A child will always want his or her father to be around.
More absent Father Quotes and Sayings
Following sayings about absent fathers can help you to realize that sometimes it is the wrong decision that your father made which leads to his absence from the family. Sometimes it’s the situation too, and you can do nothing.
- A father may turn his back on his child, but a mother’s love endures through all.
- However busy a father is, he will find time for his child.
- My father was absent and he was a hero to me.
- I look for you everywhere I go hoping to bump into you but I never see you you’re not there you’re never there.
- A letter to the father who doesn’t know how awesome I am.
- The hardest thing you’ll ever do is comfort a crying child when their other parent doesn’t come to see them.
- Don’t forgive him. Forgive yourself for believing something is lacking in you because he wasn’t there.
- Some kids can become independent without the presence of their father.
- One day, you’ll be alone and regret not being there. You’ll regret the birthdays and holidays missed. You’ll regret not watching her grow up and being in her life you’ll regret everything and by then, it will be too late.
- If she could put the hollow ache that haunts her into words, she would tell him, I miss the father you never were.
- Do not blame your problem on your children.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband, and friend.
Final Thoughts on Absent Father Quotes
Many children don’t heal from the fact that their father is not around them anymore. It can take years to overcome the reality of not having your beloved one by your side.
We hope our absent father quotes help you to realize that whatever happens, happens for a reason. They need to keep this one thing in mind. Wherever your father is, he is watching you.
He must be also hurting by looking at you crying. If your father abandoned you, so please you need to stop your tears from falling for a heartless and selfish father. We have mentioned the absent father quotes regarding it as well.
You can share these absent dad quotes with your friends in the same situation. Not having a father can turn your life upside down.
Reading absent parent quotes will make you stronger and will prepare you to move ahead in life. We hope these quotes prove to be healing for you.