What comes in your mind when you read or hear the word “Endurance” in endurance quotes?
It might be something related to tolerate or endure something. But it has a very deep meaning to it as it can mean to tolerate hardships, society pressure, and failures.
After enduring your pain one can become better resistant to future problems.
That’s why there are quotes about endurance which can recharge your strength to move mountains.
Most of the people give up or are afraid of hardships. But in reality, they make you more resistant and tolerable than before!
To endure pain is an act of valor in itself which rewards you too by making you prepared for the next challenges and endurance quotes tell you about it.
We have compiled a list of endurance sayings which can help you get through hard times and also motivate you.
Best Endurance Quotes
The following best endurance quotes can help you endure your problems, hardships, and pain in a much better way. Your will strength will be a lot stronger and different than before.
- Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. –Gautama Buddha
- Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing but to turn it into glory. –William Barclay
- Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change. –Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
- Out of suffering comes the serious mind; out of salvation, the grateful heart; out of endurance, fortitude out of deliverance faith. Patient endurance attends to all things. –Teresa Of Avila
- You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel. –Tabitha Suzuma
- Humans are built for endurance, not speed. We’re awful sprinters compared to every other animal. We try to run our races as if they were speed races, but they are not. They’re endurance races. Even a marathon, the way it’s run now, it’s not an endurance contest. –Christopher McDougall
- Endurance is the crowning quality, and patience all the passion of great hearts. –James Russell Lowell
- True endurance, I think, comes from the inside. It comes from motivation and belief in what you’re doing. –Neil Strauss
- If you’re serious about sanctification, you can expect to experience heart-wrenching moments that try your faith, your endurance, and your patience. –Sheri L. Dew
- Endurance is staying calm under storms. –Ruchi Gambhir
- The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. ‘It’s too soft’ she sighed. ‘But tough!’ said God excitedly. ‘You can imagine what this mother can do or endure. –Erma Bombeck
- I need to work on my endurance. –Hafthor Bjornsson
- My endurance has always been a strong point of mine I think that has helped me in my fights. –Carlos Condit
Famous Endurance Quotes
Read our famous endurance quotes from the list below. If we don’t endure our life challenges we will be left behind and will not even remain relatable. So, we need these in our lives.
- Without patient endurance, even the smallest thing becomes unbearable. A lot depends on our attitude. –Dalai Lama
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death. –John F. Kennedy
- If there’s magic in boxing, it’s the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys, and detached retinas. It’s the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you. –Morgan Freeman
- The first virtue in a soldier is the endurance of fatigue courage is only the second virtue. –Napoleon Bonaparte
- Endurance in this wicked world is the bravest thing a person can show through it all. –Victoria Landrum
- Perhaps my only real expertise, my only talent, is to endure beyond the endurable. –Jeff Vander Meer
- I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism have brought me to my ideas. –Albert Einstein
- Those who endure, conquer. –Motto
- Gilmore Girls’ was really a training ground for so many things. It’s a real endurance lesson. –Liza Weil
- Florida surfers learn how to be great on mediocre waves. It trains you, gives you endurance. –Abigail Spencer
- The DNA showed I have a level of endurance in me which I never really realised, which makes sense. –Greg Rutherford
- My favorite off-mountain workout is the long run. It’s great for building endurance and strength. –Jimmy Chin
Inspirational Endurance Quotes
Our endurance inspirational quotes will help you to face your challenges and hardships better and prepare you for your future life. You must be aware of the fact that life is a game of up and downs and it never is always pleasant.
- In the wild struggle for existence, we want to have something that endures, and so we fill our minds with rubbish and facts, in the silly hope of keeping our place. –Oscar Wilde
- Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve. –Robert Burns
- For there was never yet a philosopher that could endure the toothache patiently. –William Shakespeare
- Children’s talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives. –Maya Angelou
- God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight. –Reggie White
- Use your brain, not your endurance. –Peter Thomson
- Endurance is not a young person’s game. I thought I might even be better at 60 than I was at 30. You have a body that’s almost as strong, but you have a much better mind. –Diana Nyad
- For Le Mans, you still have to keep fit, it’s endurance. It’s a different type of fitness. You want to actually fit in the car – the seats are ridiculously small. –Chris Hoy
- Nothing to mountaineering, just a little physical endurance, a good deal of brains, lots of practice, and plenty of warm clothing. –Annie Smith Peck
- Everyone has different reasons for staying or getting in shape. I started decades ago because I wanted to be a better race car driver by increasing my endurance. –Phil Scott
- I’ve recently explored the beauty of doing sit-ups on those endurance balls. It adds a whole new dimension of difficult. –Kristen Welker
- I can still be 200 kilograms but still have enough endurance for strongman I feel like if I get much heavier than that it’s going to affect my endurance a lot. –Hafthor Bjornsson
- We’re on the road 300 days a year. There’s no recovery time. It’s a test of your physical and mental endurance. –Beth Phoenix
Inspiring Endurance Quotes
Enduring and tolerating problems is a very important thing to survive on this planet Earth. So, our well listed inspiring endurance quotes will help you get through your unimaginable scenarios.
- The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue. –Napoleon Bonaparte
- Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance. –Rodney A. Winters
- Life may try to knock you down but be persistent with your passions cultivate grit, resilience, tenacity and endurance success will come. –Amit Ray
- It is far better to endure the pain now and enjoy later. Life is all about endurance. –Lailah Gifty Akita
- To struggle when hope is banished! To live when life’s salt is gone! To dwell in a dream that’s vanished. To endure, and go calmly on. –Ben Jonson
- To learn strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testing. –George Mueller
- Life asks not merely what you can do it asks how much can you endure and not be spoiled. –Harry Emerson Fosdick
- The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother. –Charles Dickens
- When you have endured the worse situations, you build the courage and confidence to cope with any other situations. –Lailah Gifty Akita
- The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. –Vince Lombardi
- The man who cannot endure to have his errors and shortcomings brought to the surface and made known, but tries to hide them, is unfit to walk the highway of truth. –James Allen
- Hope teaches endurance and an eager anticipation of that which will become reality. –Simon J. Kistemaker
- This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. –Franklin D. Roosevelt
Funny Endurance Quotes
Fun is the missing piece of puzzle that can help complete the revival of your bore mood. So, our funny endurance quotes will help you through the hardships by giving you a broad smile in hard times.
- This is no time for ease and comfort It is time to dare and endure. –Winston Churchill
- A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. –Christopher Reeve
- Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat. –Anais Nin
- What is to give light must endure the burning. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- There comes a pause, for human strength will not endure
to dance without cessation and everyone must reach the point at length of absolute prostration. –Lewis Carroll
- Death comes to all, but great achievements build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves. –Winston Churchill
- False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for everyone takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness. –Charles Darwin
- Nothing endures but change. –Heraclitus
- The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money. –Mark Twain
Positive Endurance Quotes
Positivity in life can always help you look through the problem in a positive manner. You can get something useful from something very painful and our
positive endurance quotes will help you in it.
- Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. –William Barclay
- Know how sublime a thing it is to suffer and be strong. –Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Not in achievement, but in endurance, of the human soul, does it show its divine grandeur and its alliance with the infinite? –Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- I’m taking each day one day at a time, and building up my strength and endurance. It’s crazy because it takes no time at all to lose everything you have and then so much time to gain it back. –Michelle McCool
- Yoga is equal parts strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance. –Mandy Ingber
Long runs improve your endurance but shorter intervals improve your speed. They are mutually beneficial for a distance runner. If you do 5k runs it will help your marathon. –Eliud Kipchoge
- With faith and obedience practiced long enough, the Holy Ghost becomes a constant companion, our natures change, and endurance becomes certain. –Henry B. Eyring
- A good boxing competition gives one the sight of fine men in their prime, trained to the ounce, showing the highest skill, pluck and endurance in carrying out their attack and defence under strict rules of fair play and good temper. –Robert Baden-Powell
- The sea this truth must be confessed has no generosity. No display of manly qualities courage, hardihood, endurance, faithfulness has ever been known to touch its irresponsible consciousness of power. –Joseph Conrad
- Endurance, after all, is the only reason we even exist. We think of ourselves as nature’s deadliest animals, but the truth is, a naked human is the biggest wimp in the wild. We have no fangs, no claws, no strength, and no speed. –Christopher McDougall
- Had we lived I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurance and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our dead bodies must tell the tale. –Robert Falcon Scott
- Every calamity is to be overcome by endurance. –Virgil
- I think every facet of running has its benefits towards a starting pitcher. I mean, you’re explosive off the mound and yet you’ve got to have endurance. –Max Scherzer
Amazing Endurance Quotes
To get amazed by something is a feeling becoming very rare these days. So our well compiled list of amazing quotes about endurance will try to revive this lost feeling of being amazed.
- My biggest weakness as an endurance athlete has been in not drinking enough water after training, thereby racing sometimes while dehydrated. –Bill Rodgers
- I feel more comfortable when I’m lighter – I sleep better, I snore less, I have more endurance when I work out, my arms look better. –Tyra Banks
- Like the experience of warfare, the endurance of grave or terminal illness involves long periods of tedium and anxiety, punctuated by briefer interludes of stark terror and pain. –Christopher Hitchens
- For to be poised against fatality, to meet adverse conditions gracefully, is more than simple endurance; it is an act of aggression, a positive triumph. –Thomas Mann
- Being that I always perform, I started working out with a trainer to get that endurance and stamina. Now, I guess you could call me a gym rat. –Fat Joe
- At the end of summer, I go on a detox because I know I need a clear mind for Fashion Week. You need a lot of energy, and the ability to focus, in preparation for this craziness. I go to the gym, too, just to make sure I have the endurance to keep up with everything. –Pat McGrath
- Small change, small wonders these are the currency of my endurance and ultimately of my life. –Barbara Kingsolver
- I hate doing Tabatas – you do whatever you want at high intensity for 20 seconds, and then get a 10 second break and you repeat that for 8 minutes. So you can do jumping jacks for 20 seconds, you can do sprints for 20 seconds, etc. It’s supposed to help you get your endurance up really fast. –Ashley Wagner
- The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. –Frederick Douglass
- Nothing reflects so much honor on a workman as a trial of his work and its endurance of it. So it is with God. It honors Him when His saints preserve their integrity. –Charles Spurgeon
- Resilience is distinct from mere survival, and more than mere endurance. Resilience is often endurance with direction. –Eric Greitens
- I do a healthy blend of mixed martial arts, dancing, functional training, and swimming. These exercises give me ample strength, endurance, flexibility, and stamina. –Urvashi Rautela
Short Endurance Quotes
Do or die statement is such a strong and short quote that explains the purpose very clearly and helps you endure the downs of life pretty good. Our short endurance quotes will also give you the same feeling.
- Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance. –Virgil
- Solitude, isolation, are painful things and beyond human endurance. –Jules Verne
- Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. –Johann Von Goethe
- He conquers who endures. –Persius
- Heroism is endurance for one moment more. –George F. Kennan
- A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. –Edgar J. Mohn
- Endurance is the queen of all virtues. –Chrysostom
- Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty. –John Ruskin
- Endurance is patience concentrated. –Thomas Carlyle
- Dancing improved my fitness level and endurance. –Hazel Keech
- My strength is also my endurance. I can bear anything and everything. –Urfi Javed
- I enjoy endurance training with 5 to 10-kilometre runs. Weight training comes a close second. –P. R. Sreejesh
Perseverance and Endurance Quotes
Perseverance and endurance go hand in hand because how can one endure something without the right perseverance required for it. Our quotes on endurance and perseverance will help you understand how these both are related and necessary.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’ –Mary Anne Radmacher
- Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. –Albert Einstein
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. –Thomas Edison
- Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. –Henry Ford
- A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. –B.F. Skinner
- What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you’d be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change? –Karen Salmansohn
- As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better. –Dr. Steve Maraboli
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. –Robert Collier
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. –Confucius
- Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. –F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. –Newt Gingrich
- Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th. –Julie Andrews
- Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure. –Benjamin Disraeli
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. –William Feather
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. –Dale Carnegie
Strength and Endurance Quotes
By enduring issues, one becomes resistant which in other words means gaining strength and becoming prepared for the future battles. So, our strength and endurance quotes can help someone endure to recharge their strength.
- Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. –Bruce Lee
- All through my life, I have been tested. My will has been tested, my courage has been tested, and my strength has been tested. Now my patience and endurance are being tested. –Muhammad Ali
- Does anybody really think that they didn’t get what they had because they didn’t have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment? –Nelson Mandela
- Right now, it’s just a matter of getting my strength and endurance back. So far, no setbacks. –Kip Wells
- The winners in life treat their body as if it were a magnificent spacecraft that gives them the finest transportation and endurance for their lives. –Denis Waitley
- Discipline, focus, endurance is what it takes to be the greatest at this sport. –Jordan Burroughs
- We really feel happier when things look bleak. Hope is endurance. Hope is holding on and going on and trusting in the Lord. –Michael Novak
- When everything goes wrong, what a joy to test your soul and see if it has endurance and courage. An invisible and all-powerful enemy some call him God, others the Devil, seem to rush upon us to destroy us; but we are not destroyed. –Nikos Kazantzakis
- The paradox of endurance sports is that an athlete can never work as hard as he wants, because if he pushes himself too far, his hematocrit will fall. –Malcolm Gladwell
- Development is an endurance exercise with incremental improvements. –Sri Mulyani Indrawati
- I know Test cricket is more about endurance. T20 is more about innovating, creating, and the energy at the wicket. –AB de Villiers
- Professional creativity requires more than inspiration, talent, and discipline it requires an endurance that few are aware of and even fewer have. –Lela Loren
- Salvation is the state of emancipation from the endurance of pain and subjection to birth and death, and of the life of liberty and happiness in the immensity of God. –Dayananda Saraswati
Endurance Quotes for Sports
Sports are competitive and one doesn’t always win. For the first time win he/she needs to endure a lot of losses and defeats in order to taste the sweet taste of victory. So, our endurance quotes for sports will help athletes a lot.
- What cannot be altered must be borne, not blamed. –Thomas Fuller
- Nothing endures but personal qualities. –Walt Whitman
- Prolonged endurance tames the bold. –Lord Byron
- Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. –William James
- If you’re going to go through hell I suggest you come back learning something. –Drew Barrymore
- If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes. –Corrie ten Boom
- Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes. –Gautama Buddha
- I think what endurance sports teach you is to stay dedicated, stay focused, and also to understand you are going to have ups and downs, but you need to keep running right through them. –Kyrsten Sinema
- Basketball is an endurance sport, and you have to learn to control your breath that’s the essence of yoga, too. So, I consciously began using yoga techniques in my practice and playing. I think yoga helped reduce the number and severity of injuries I suffered. As preventative medicine, it’s unequaled. –Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- I’ve always been into endurance sport, which I think is more about your mind pushing your body, which is definitely why that Bear Grylls book sung to me. –Sam Heughan
- With athletes, it’s never fully understood the level to which we push ourselves. Especially in an endurance sport. –Clara Hughes
- It’s something I deal with to this day, a fear of falling back into that darkness. I see athletes go through a similar thing with athletes, it’s never fully understood the level to which we push ourselves. Especially in an endurance sport. –Clara Hughes
Love Endurance Quotes
Love requires endurance. One needs to endure a lot of things to get the love of their life. So, our quotes about endurance in relationships will help you get your true love of your life.
- Love endures only when the lovers love many things together and not merely each other. –Walter J Lippmann
- I think that enduring, committed love between married couples, along with raising children, is the noblest act anyone can aspire to. It is not written about very much. –Nicholas Sparks
- Burdens are weightless, worlds change, and love endures when both people are contributing their maximum. –Penny Reid
- Joy is love exalted; peace is love in response; long-suffering is love enduring gentleness is love in society goodness is love in action faith is love on the battlefield meekness is love in tough situations; and temperance is love in training. –Dwight L. Moody
- Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Blaise Pascal
- There is nothing love cannot face; there is limit to its faith, its hope and endurance. –Paul the Apostle
- Grace is the wonderful spirit that imbues every fiber of our being when we practice the fruits of the spirit: kindness, patience, understanding, forgiveness, love, gentleness, fellowship and endurance. –Edgar Cayce
- A father may turn his back on his child, brothers and sisters may become inveterate enemies, husbands may desert their wives, wives their husbands. But a mother’s love endures through all. –Washington Irving
- But if we can learn to fall more in love with the Lord and trust Him in the middle of every storm, we build our endurance to keep running the race. –Kari Jobe
- A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age. –William Shakespeare
- The lesson I have thoroughly learnt, and wish to pass on to others, is to know the enduring happiness that the love of a garden gives. –Gertrude Jekyll
- The gods conceal from men the happiness of death, that they may endure life. –Lucan
- We assume that celebrities have it easy and so love to watch them having to endure a bit of hardship. –Shirley Jones
- Talent is insignificant. I know a lot of talented ruins. Beyond talent lie all the usual words discipline, love, luck, but, most of all, endurance. –James A. Baldwin
Final Thoughts on Endurance Quotes
We know for a fact that our quotes on endurance would have helped you a lot in getting through your current problems.
By now you should have understood the true meaning of endurance and how much it has impact on our lives and how much we are lacking it.
Endurance quotes aren’t just your everyday quotes that one can just hear or read and ignore because it makes you stop and think and reflect on your life.
The above-mentioned endurance sayings aren’t there to force you into hardships or let you believe that you should just accept unlawful punishments.
They just tell you temporary endurance help you find the best way to tackle them.
Share these endurance quotes with the people you know that are going through a hard phase to help them get through it and gain strength and get prepared for the future life problems.