Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that does not let a person sleep peacefully and insomnia quotes would let you understand it spiritually as well physically.
Anxiety, depression, irregular bedtime, work stress, and taking unhealthy food are some of the causes of insomnia. We often ignore these small factors; however, these are the ones which amount up to bigger health problems.
People of almost every age group can suffer from this illness. Insomnia quotes relate to such problems and give you added facts and knowledge about insomnia.
Quotes about insomnia educate you about many aspects and perceptions about insomnia. People can get to know its true reasons and take precautions to get rid of it.
We have gathered a multiple sets of insomnia sayings to facilitate you in knowing all about insomnia. You will be surprised at what you get to know about these quotes.
Read these quotes to enhance your knowledge and learn more about this weird phenomenon.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Sleep without getting relaxed is like wasted time. Insomnia does not let people take refreshing naps and even exhausts a person. An unhealthy mental condition leads to insomnia.
Go through the best quotes on insomnia to build up better knowledge. Low motivation is a major sign of insomnia. Want to know what else is? Then let’s get reading.
- The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world. –Leonard Cohen
- In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who have to think or suffer darkly take refuge. –Colette
- Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking. –Clifton Fadiman
- For insomniacs, night steals the morning. –Terri Guillemets
- The scary thing about having insomnia is not the hours lost for sleeping, but the re-run of thoughts you’ve been trying to forget.
- Insomnia is a vertiginous lucidity that can convert paradise itself into a place of torture. –Emil Cioran
- Sleep that knits up the raveled sleeve of care. The death of each day’s life, sore labor’s bath. Balm of hurt minds, great nature’s second course. Chief nourisher in life’s feast. –William Shakespeare
- He was afraid of touching his own wrist. He never attempted to sleep on his left side, even in those dismal hours of the night when the insomniac longs for a third side after trying the two he has. –Vladimir Nabokov
- It appears that every man’s insomnia is as different from his neighbors as are their daytime hopes and aspirations. –F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to. –F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Your dreams may seem impossible to someone with insomnia. –Junnita Jackson
- Staring at the blue sky causes insomnia to occur in the human. –Steven Magee
- I’m an insomniac, my mind works the night shift. –Pete Wentz
- Insomnia is my greatest inspiration. –Jon Stewart
- The best cure for insomnia is a Monday morning.
- The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep. –W. C. Fields
Famous Insomnia Quotes
Life is much easier than before now. However, the mental health of people is affected seriously at this age. You need to find out more about insomnia to get rid of it.
Know how insomnia is addressed and taken by great people through our thoughtful collection of famous quotes about insomnia.
- His insomnia was so bad; he couldn’t sleep during office hours. –Arthur Baer
- The scary thing about having insomnia is not the hours lost for sleeping but the re-run of thoughts you’ve been trying to forget.
- When you have insomnia, you’re never really asleep, and you’re never really awake. –Chuck Palahniuk
- Insomnia is a glamorous term for thoughts you forgot to have in the day. –Alain de Botton
- Insomnia is only mind over mattress. –Jane Ace
- Sleeplessness comes when my thoughts outweigh the night. –Terri Guillemets
- Look on the bright side insomniacs, at least your insomnia keeps most of the spiders out of your mouth.
- My mind decides to run when normal people sleep.
- The night felt very long, but it ended as all nights do. –Laini Taylor
- Keep calm and enjoy no sleep.
- That’s the advantage of insomnia. People who go to bed early always complain that the night is too short, but for those of us who stay up all night, it can feel as long as a lifetime. You get a lot done. –Banana Yoshimoto
- I think insomnia is a sign that a person is interesting. –Avery Sawyer
- Insomnia is just another word for chit chat with the demons during bedtime. –Daniel Saint
- There are twelve hours in the day, and above fifty in the night. –Marie de Rabutin-Chantal
- The hardest thing is to go to sleep at night, when there are so many urgent things needing to be done. –Donald Knuth
- Sleeping is so hard when you can’t stop thinking.
- There will be sleeping enough in the grave. –Benjamin Franklin
Funny Insomnia Quotes
Being humorous is the best method to make others understand your point. It makes things easier to understand. Funny things prevent boredom in atmosphere.
Educate yourself about insomnia before it attacks you. Get understanding of insomnia through delightful funny insomnia quotes.
- In the morning you beg to sleep more, in the afternoon you are dying to sleep, and at night you refuse to sleep.
- It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it. –John Steinbeck
- My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier.
- Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford. –Robin Sikarwar
- Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night without the satisfaction. –Lynn Johnston
- Insomnia a contagious disease often transmitted from babies to parents. –Shannon Fife
- The creak of bed springs suffering under the weight of a restless man is as lonely a sound as I know. –Patrick DeWitt
- Sleep comes more easily than it returns. –Victor Hugo
- The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4am knows all my secrets. –Poppy Z. Brite
- Insomnia has this romantic way of making the moon feel like perfect company. –Sabrina Benaim
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. –Dr. Seuss
- If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep. –Dale Carnegie
- Insomnia is the violence of the night over a man. –Victor Marie Hugo
- Insomnia is the act of pushing through sleep to achieve the art of insane creativity. –Todd Stocker
- I’ve always envied people who sleep easily. Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed. –David Benioff
- It appears that every man’s insomnia is as different from his neighbours as are their daytime hopes and aspirations. –F Scott Fitzgerald
- You can hear it in the midst of the night while your gaze roams the vast plains on the ceiling. –Erna Grcic
Anxiety Insomnia Quotes
Anxiety is undeniable part of everyone’s life. It brings multiple changes in humans. It can affect a person’s consciousness and ruin his normal perception. Anxiety is one of the major causes of insomnia.
Explore about this critical issue reading the anxiety insomnia quotes that are particularly helpful in knowing of this problem.
- I’ve got anxiety and I don’t sleep so I’ve been trying to balance this insomnia where I stay awake for three or four days and you don’t want to really leave the house and stuff and you’ve got to go out and do a gig. –Gerry Cinnamon
- A stupid man stays awake all night pondering his problems he’s worn out when morning comes and whatever was, still is.
- Right now, our model is the culture of exhaustion. We need to be exhausted before we can fall asleep, so we keep pushing and pushing ourselves. But if a society can’t rest, how can it sleep? –Patricia Morrisroe
- In the January that I turned thirty-five, sleep became a foreign and hostile country. I had never been more than what one might call a refugee in the country of sleep. –Sarah Monette
- Ralph reflected for a moment on the similarities between loneliness and insomnia how they were both insidious, cumulative, and divisive, the friends of despair and the enemies of love. –Stephen King
- Achievement is the best sleep aid pill. –Rodolfo Peon
- When the sun goes down, the insomniac dreams of having a nightmare, just to get some sleep in this too loud world. –Vivian Pham
- There is no faith and no hope without sleep.
- Do you know what insomnia is?? It’s you telling yourself you need more time to complete your projects. –Shads
- Insomnia can be a gift. More time for reading, writing and walking. More time to live. –Luigina Sgarro
- I was born in the city that never sleeps so perhaps insomnia is my birthright. –Ariel Francisco
- My eye lids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier.
- Dear Mind, please stop thinking so much at night, I need sleep.
- My day starts backwards I wake up tired and go to bed wide awake.
- The best cure for insomnia is a Monday morning.
- Not being able to sleep because that certain someone is on your mind. I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me.
- I never sleep, because sleep is the cousin of death.
- I can’t go to sleep. You will always be on my mind, even if you are not with me.
- That ideal reader suffering from an ideal insomnia. –James Joyce
- Loneliness, insomnia, and change: the fear of these is even worse than the reality. –Mignon McLaughlin
Depression Insomnia Quotes
Depression is actually a mental illness. It is caused for deep and long term stress and anxiety. Depression leads to insomnia and much more serious diseases if not cured. Insomnia depression quotes will educate you further in an inferential way.
- I prefer insomnia to anesthesia. –Antonio Tabucchi
- Anyone who has never experienced insomnia cannot be taken seriously as an individual. –Simon Brass
- Whoever says sleep equals laziness is probably a bitter insomniac. –Joyce Rachelle
- Insomnia, then, is not just a state of sleeplessness, a matter of negatives. It involves the active pursuit of sleep. It is a state of longing. –Marina Benjamin
- Some thoughts are too angry to sleep. They lie awake all night and become obsessions. –Marty Rubin
- A little insomnia is not without its value in making us appreciate sleep, in throwing a ray of light upon that darkness. –Marcel Proust
- Sleep deprivation is physically miserable and creatively cathartic, as internal landscapes rise up from their dormant ashes. –Jaeda DeWalt
- Nighttime is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep. –Catherine O’Hara
- I’ve got a bad case of the 3:00 am guilts – you know, when you lie in bed awake and replay all those things you didn’t do right? Because, as we all know, nothing solves insomnia like a nice warm glass of regret, depression and self-loathing. –D.D. Barant
- I only sleep with people I love, which is why I have insomnia. –Emilie Autumn
- Insomniacs exaggerate the pleasures of sleep. –Marty Rubin
- Don’t fight with the pillow but lay down your head and kick every worriment out of the bed. –Edmund Vance Cooke
- It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward. –Baltasar Gracian
- I wonder why I don’t go to bed and go to sleep. But then it would be tomorrow, so I decide that no matter how tired, no matter how incoherent I am, I can skip on hour more of sleep and live. –Sylvia Plath
- I used to think that driving, sleepless, ambitious labor was what you needed to succeed. –Charles Kuralt
- Living chronically with insomnia can generate considerable anxiety and interfere with the quality of life. –Colleen E. Carney
- My trouble is insomnia. If I had always slept properly, I’d never have written a line. –Louis-Ferdinand Celine
Insightful Insomnia Quotes
Sleeplessness happens for many reasons. One of them may be the feeling of losing time. You might think that sleep is wasting your precious time.
Know more regarding our precious collection of insightful insomnia quotes that will give you an insight for this condition.
- Sleeplessness is a desert without vegetation or inhabitants. –Jessalyn West
- I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.
- Only the insomniac looks on with open eyes, like a cadaver who forgot to die. –Gyula Krudy
- Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it’s time to get up.
- Insomnia is an indication, not a chaos. It’s like ache. You are not going to provide a patient ache medicine without figuring out what’s reasoning the pain. –Judith Owens
- Between the midnight and the morning on a given day, that’s the hardest stretch of time to fill. –Luis Joaquin M Katigbak
- While your gaze roams the vast plains on the ceiling. –Erna Grcic
- Insomnia never comes to a man who has to get up exactly at 6’ Clock. Insomnia troubles only those who can sleep any time. –Elbert Hubbard
- I find the nights long, for I sleep but little, and think much. –Charles Dickens
- Waking up was a daily cruelty, an affront, and she avoided it by not sleeping. –Gregory Maguire
- Insomnia haunted me like regret. –K. Weikel
- Physical activity within four hours of bedtime and illness can also cause this type of insomnia. –Alistair Sinclair
- A night full of nightmares is way better than a sleepless one. –Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- If you’re a traveling artist, you probably experience insomnia at some point. You need things to be the right temperature, the right light its essential. –Jon Hopkins
- I suffer really badly with insomnia. –Ant McPartlin
- The insomnia just perpetuates. I have one bad night, then I get it in my head that I can’t sleep. I’ve been trying these meditation tapes there are a couple on Spotify and they’re meant to calm you. But they don’t seem to work. –Rag’n’Bone
Insomnia Quotes for Instagram Captions
Social media is where we drop our perspectives about the ongoing issues. We may quote strong points from an expert to support out view. Catchy captions do a big job.
Our insomnia captions will not let you down. Read these insomnia captions to boost interaction on your insta posts.
- I’m so tired I don’t know what to do. I’m so tired, my mind is set on you.
- Insomnia is a glamorous term for the thoughts you forgot to have in the day. –Alain de Botton
- I think the most common cause of insomnia is simple; it’s loneliness. –Heath Ledger
- Sometimes I sit up late with my thoughts, reluctant to fall asleep and leave my thoughts alone by themselves. –Robert Breault
- I’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a normal sleeping pattern.
- 4. 50 shades of dark circles under my eyes.
- I have two moods Sleep is for the weak. I need to sleep for a week.
- Some people can’t sleep because they have insomnia. I can’t sleep because I have the internet connection.
- That moment when tomorrow is here and you’ve been trying to go to sleep since yesterday.
- I’m like, four days past my bedtime.
- I think of you at 2 a.m. when I can’t sleep and I wish you were there to hold me.
- I lie awake at night thinking of you.
- She dreams more often than she sleeps.
- A sad soul is always up past midnight.
- I wish I had someone to talk to when I can’t sleep.
- Nothing is louder than overthinking after midnight.
- And if you are awake at 4 a.m., you are either in love or lonely, and I don’t know which one is worse.
- The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4 am knows all my secrets. –Poppy Z. Brite
- Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need to sleep.
- I can’t wait to wake up and try something new. I can’t sleep at night because I want to try something new. –Rodney Mullen
More Insomnia Quotes and Sayings
Insomnia is an illness taking the sleep of many away. Many of us might wonder what are the views of the literate and knowledgeable people on this. Learn about it through insomnia sayings that can guide you much more about insomnia experiences of people who are famous.
- Nothing tests a marriage more than insomnia or snoring. –David Linley
- I was proud of working 18 hours a day and sleeping three hours a night. It’s something now that has turned into a problem for me: not being able to sleep having insomnia. –Sean Combs
- When I have my moments of insomnia, you’ll find me on style.com. –Cate Blanchett
- Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many different ailments, but I have never heard of one who suffered from insomnia. –Joseph Wood Krutch
- I sometimes suffer from insomnia. And when I can’t fall asleep, I play what I call the alphabet game. –Roz Chast
- For me, insomnia was something ordinary, and it came and went for ordinary reasons. –G. Willow Wilson
- I’ve had insomnia since I was five years old. I just don’t require much sleep. I’m never tired. –Nile Rodgers
- I am convinced that during bouts of insomnia, I have sometimes slept without knowing it. –Siri Hustvedt
- His insomnia was so bad, he couldn’t sleep during office hours. –Arthur Baer
- Some struggle with medical issues – like insomnia – that make sleep hard. But for many of us, the quantity and quality of sleep come down to a matter of choice. Still, only a few enterprising economists have looked closely at this, and generally, those have assumed that we choose our hours of sleep optimally. –Sendhil Mullainathan
- I was 13 when I had my first bout of insomnia. My family was in Reykjavik, Iceland, for the summer, and day never really became night. –Siri Hustvedt
- Castor oil has long been a used as a remedy for a whole host of ailments including arthritis, digestion, insomnia and even period cramps. But it also stimulates hair growth. –Franchesca Ramsey
- I don’t think my insomnia is fixable: I think it’s in my DNA. –Toyah Willcox
- I did a Norwegian film called ‘Insomnia’ that was remade and that was a good remake by a good director, so I’m honoured. –Stellan Skarsgard
- I know my music is going well when I don’t have insomnia. –Carly Rae Jepsen
- The fact that insomnia is associated with depression suggests that sleep might help us deal with emotionally stressful or otherwise disruptive events. –Maria Konnikova
- Meditation gives you back one or two sleep cycles every time you do it. Do it every day and it goes quite a long way towards helping insomnia? –Jon Hopkins
- I think Vegas is the answer for pregnant people because of insomnia. It’s open all the time and you go down and play your silly slots. –Selma Blair
- It’s funny because before I joined the cast of ‘Heroes,’ I was an insomniac. I have suffered from insomnia for, like, so long. Now that I’m on the show, seriously I sleep like a baby. I’m so tired all the time. –Dana Davis
- Not long ago, in response to a spell of insomnia, I learned some of the principles of meditation, to empty my mind piece by piece. It was like the old game of jacks cautiously lifting each jack clear of its neighbor until only the empty background remained. –Thomas McGuane
How to Get Rid of Insomnia?
Insomnia is terrible however curable. There are multiple treatments to get rid of it. You can cure it by yourself naturally, consult a doctor or some home remedies are also solution to it.
Following a regular time for sleeping and wakening helps. Exercise regularly and relax yourself before sleeping. Prefer calm, quiet, dark and cool space for sleeping.
Diet can play role in curing insomnia. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, soft drinks and other unhealthy food items. Take warm milk before going to bed. Be critical for what you eat. Avoid large meals.
Be mindful of your stress levels. Stay away from negative thoughts. Think positively. Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia helps to retain positive thoughts.
Final Thoughts on Insomnia Quotes
We hope you came across many worthy insomnia quotes and found numerous views about it in this article. It is very important to consider this disease seriously to prevent ourselves from destruction.
In a nutshell, quotes about insomnia tells us about the natural, mental and physical happenings in a person and how they are affected with it. Insomnia is not something which should be taken lightly or ignored.
Just by reading these insomnia sayings you will get to know a lot about it. If you are someone who is facing this problem, these quotes will give you lots of hope as well.
We hope you find them effective in your life and share it with your mates.
Insomnia quotes make you realize that you are not alone with these difficulties and there are many people going through it and guiding others as well.
Know that we welcome and value your comments, drop them below!