Every one of us has a different perception of life and philosophical quotes about life are here to enlighten us more. Your philosophy of life determines your actions.
We are curious about others’ perceptions of lives as well. We talk to others and get to know about their views about life. Life philosophy quotes guide you to a broader view of the philosophy of life.
Philosophical quotes about life will let you discover better and deeper understanding about life. Know that our activities in life are dependent on our views about life.
Exploring these philosophical quotes will surely add value to our lives. All of us have our perceptions of good and evil. Our behaviors are affected by these perceptions.
Happiness is part of everyone’s life and worries are also a primary facet of life. All these things come along and this is what life is.
Philosophy quotes about life will give you amazing awareness of many qualities which makes our life. Go on and read quotes about the philosophy of life.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Greatest Philosophy Quotes about Life of All Time
Life seems like a single term. All living beings try to define their lives by themselves. The definition of life differs from person to person. Get a general view of the philosophy of life by going over the greatest philosophical quotes of all time.
- Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny. –Christopher Markus
- There is no easy way from the earth to the stars. –Seneca
- Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies. –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time. –Voltaire
- You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. –Marcus Aurelius
- Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. –Victor Frankl
- The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free. –Baruch Spinoza
- Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. –Bruce Lee
- I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape in the image of my highest values and never to be given up to a lesser standard, no matter how long or hard the struggle. –Ayn Rand
- The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. –Albert Einstein
- Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward. –Søren Kierkegaard
- Man is a mystery. It needs to be unraveled, and if you spend your whole life unraveling it, don’t say that you’ve wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being. –Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long. –Lao Tzu
Best Philosophy Quotes about Life
Life is discussed through various aspects. Philosophers give their expert perception of life. You need to understand life by reading our best quotes about life by famous philosophers. You will get a satisfactory idea of life.
- Without music, life would be a mistake. –Friedrich Nietzsche
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. –Margaret Mead
- One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away. –Stephen Hawking
- Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know. –Lao Tsu
- When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love … –Marcus Aurelius
- Liberty consists in doing what one desires. –John Stuart Mill
- Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. –Plato
- Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. –Ludwig Wittgenstein
- Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world. –Lao Tzu
- Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature. –John Locke
- I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life. –Fitzgerald F. Scott
- All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. –Edmund Burke
- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. –George Bernard Shaw
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. –Aristotle
Famous Philosophy Quotes about Life
If you are still confused about the philosophy of life, worry no more. We are providing you with a collection of famous quotes about life by philosophers which will make you reflect and rethink!
- Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them. –Marcus Aurelius
- Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well. –Aristotle
- The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. –Plato
- It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth. –John Locke
- The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts. –Marcus Aurelius
- Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of one’s desires, but by the removal of desire. –Epictetus
- Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. –Marcus Aurelius
- The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. –Epicurus
- The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays. –Søren Kierkegaard
- Happiness is the highest good. –Aristotle
- The brave man is he who overcomes not only his enemies but his pleasures. –Democritus
Thought-Provoking Philosophy Quotes about Life
Quotes make you think deeply. You get new ideas. You get to see what you did not observe by yourself. Ease your way of learning by reading our life reality philosophy quotes. These quotes will stimulate your insight.
- A truth that’s told with bad intent. Beats all the lies you can invent. –William Blake
- We are too weak to discover the truth by reason alone. –St. Augustine
- Maybe everyone can live beyond what they’re capable of. –Markus Zusak
- Happiness lies in virtuous activity, and perfect happiness lies in the best activity, which is contemplative. –Aristotle
- Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but of how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness. –Immanuel Kant
- We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking. –Santosh Kalwar
- It is wrong always, everywhere and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. –W. K. Clifford
- To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation. –Yann Martel
- I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure it is not in order to enjoy ourselves. –Ludwig Wittgenstein
- A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window. –Gilles Deleuze
Deep Philosophy Quotes about Life
Life is short. You need to be careful of your thinking and actions. Learn the fundamentals of life wisely. Some deep thoughts are important to understand. We gathered a rare collection of deep philosophical quotes about life for you.
- The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don’t wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy. –Thich Nhat Hanh
- History is Philosophy teaching by examples. –Thucydides
- It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration, and respect. –Hermann Hesse
- If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. –René Descartes
- Learning does not make one learned: there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding. The first requires memory and the second philosophy. –Alexandre Dumas
- I can control my passions and emotions if I can understand their nature. –Spinoza
- Don’t just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person. Books are the training weights of the mind. They are very helpful, but it would be a bad mistake to suppose that one has made progress simply by having internalized their contents. –Epictetus
- If men were born free, they would, so long as they remained free, form no conception of good and evil. –Baruch Spinoza
- It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable. –Seneca
- He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god. –Aristotle
- Even the finest sword plunged into salt water will eventually rust. –Sun Tzu
Funny Philosophy Quotes about Life
What is life without fun? Fun makes our lives balanced. You should not take life seriously all the time. Make your life happy with fun. Have fun learning by going through funny philosophical quotes about life.
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. –Albert Einstein
- Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. –Isaac Asimov
- Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form. –Karl Marx
- The more you know, the more you know you don’t know. –Aristotle
- My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened. –Michel de Montaigne
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- One cannot conceive anything so strange and so implausible that it has not already been said by one philosopher or another. –René Descartes
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. –Confucius
- The only thing I know is that I know nothing. –Socrates
- That man is wisest who, like Socrates, realizes that his wisdom is worthless. –Plato
- It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! –Friedrich Nietzsche
Short Philosophy Quotes about Life
Life is described from countless aspects. Philosophy is one of them. All of the following provided quotes will give you an amazing understanding of life. Find out the different approaches to life with these short life philosophy quotes.
- He who thinks great thoughts, often makes great errors. –Martin Heidegger
- I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves. –Ludwig Wittgenstein
- A little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion. –Sir Francis Bacon
- Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking. –Ayn Rand
- Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly. –Francis Bacon
- To do as one would be done by, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, constitute the ideal perfection of utilitarian morality. –John Stuart Mill
- Whatever is reasonable is true, and whatever is true is reasonable. –G. W. F. Hegel
- This is patently absurd; but whoever wishes to become a philosopher must learn not to be frightened by absurdities. –Bertrand Russell
- Our life is what our thoughts make it. –Marcus Aurelius
- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. –Plato
- Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. –Will Durant
- Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine. –Ludwig van Beethoven
Inspiring Life Philosophy Quotes
Inspiration can be found in many things. You can find it within yourself. You may get attracted to some outside thing. Get motivated giving a reading to these inspiring life quotes by famous philosophers.
- Even while they teach, men learn. –Seneca
- Love is the extremely difficult realization that something other than oneself is real. –Iris Murdoch
- Leisure is the mother of philosophy. –Thomas Hobbes
- No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. –George Lucas
- Time is a game played beautifully by children. –Heraclitus
- The mind is furnished with ideas by experience alone. –John Locke
- This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness. –Dalai Lama XIV
- Man is condemned to be free. –Jean-Paul Sartre
- The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination. –Dan Millman
- All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds. –Voltaire
- I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. –Bertrand Russell
- The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance. –Aristotle
Philosophy Quotes about Life and Love
How can love not be discussed when it comes to the subject of life? Love makes it worth living precious because of love. Love lets us live together with prosperity and peace.
Love and life go side by side. Both should not be separated if you want to live happily. Philosophical quotes about life and love will guide you more.
- In love, one and one are one. –Jean-Paul Sartre
- The greatest pleasure in life is love. –Euripides
- At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. –Plato
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love. –Socrates
- Love is the beauty of the soul. –Saint Augustine
- Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination. –Voltaire
- In true love it is the soul that envelops the body. –Friedrich Nietzsche
- Love must be as much a light as it is a flame. –Henry David Thoreau
- Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one. –John Keats
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. –Lao Tzu
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. –Aristotle
- Love grants in a moment what toil can hardly achieve in an age. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly. –Louis Ginzberg
- Where there is love there is life. –Mahatma Gandhi
Philosophy Quotes about Life and Death
Life and death are inseparable. Life is followed by death. This is what makes it more fascinating. Death has effects on our lives. Death is hope for some people. A lot of people are afraid of it.
Examine philosophical quotes about life and death and enhance your knowledge.
- Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. –Norman Cousins
- I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. –Jimi Hendrix
- Endings are not always bad. Most times they’re just beginnings in disguise. –Kim Harrison
- It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called life. –Terry Pratchett
- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. –J.K. Rowling
- Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. –Ernest Hemingway
- I regret not death. I am going to meet my friends in another world. –Ludovico Ariosto
- It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. –Marcus Aurelius
- Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. –George Eliot
- The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective. –James Patterson
- Losing your life is not the worst thing that can happen. The worst thing is to lose your reason for living. –Jo Nesbo
- Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. –Tecumseh
- If you live each day as it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right. –Steve Jobs
Philosophy Quotes about Life by Socrates
Socrates is the first name that comes to mind when we talk about philosophy. He offers his remarkable approaches about philosophy for anyone reading. You will get inspired giving reading Socrates’ quotes on life.
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. –Socrates
- The unexamined life is not worth living. –Socrates
- I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think. –Socrates
- There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance. –Socrates
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. –Socrates
- Wonder is the beginning of wisdom. –Socrates
- Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people. –Socrates
- To find yourself, think for yourself. –Socrates
- Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel. –Socrates
- By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher. –Socrates
- He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have. –Socrates
- Be slow to fall into friendship, but when you are in, continue firm and constant. –Socrates
- If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality. –Socrates
- Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down. –Socrates
Philosophy Quotes about Life by Aristotle
Greek philosopher, Aristotle made his recognition in Philosophy. Philosophy remains incomplete without talking about Aristotle. Aristotle’s quotes on life will notify you amazingly on this subject. Go get benefits from them.
- Be a free thinker and don’t accept everything you hear as truth. Be critical and evaluate what you believe in. –Aristotle
- Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives –choice, not chance, determines your destiny. –Aristotle
- To appreciate the beauty of a snow flake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold. –Aristotle
- Laughter is a bodily exercise, precious to Health. –Aristotle
- He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader. –Aristotle
- The weak are always anxious for justice and equality. The strong pay no heed to either. –Aristotle
- Courage is the first virtue that makes all other virtues possible. –Aristotle
- Greatness of spirit is accompanied by simplicity and sincerity. –Aristotle
- Life is only meaningful when we are striving for a goal. –Aristotle
- The most important relationship we can all have is the one you have with yourself, the most important journey you can take is one of self-discovery. To know yourself, you must spend time with yourself, you must not be afraid to be alone. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. –Aristotle
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. –Aristotle
- The more you know, the more you know you don’t know. –Aristotle
- A tragedy is that moment where the hero comes face to face with his true identity. –Aristotle
Final Thoughts on Philosophy Quotes about Life
Knowledge is important in every aspect of life and philosophical quotes about life will give you an ultimate guide. You have your concept of life and we have ours.
A difference in the philosophy of life does not mean that one is wrong. Some people may share similar or different life concepts. Philosophy quotes about life will let us have an enhanced idea about the philosophy of life.
Get a view of these outstanding philosophical sayings about life that will make your mind blown away.
Life is full of experiences. We learn and grow. We make mistakes and correct them. We learn from the mistakes of the people as well. Our consideration of life makes it different from others’ lives.
Hope our efforts of collecting philosophical words about life will help you in evaluating the philosophy of life.
Consider dropping your opinion in the comments about this reading experience. Do share to benefit others as well!