We all are responsible for our doing and responsibility quotes give us a comprehensive understanding of its value in our lives. We must take the blame for our mistakes and correct them.
We are bound with each other. We care for each other. Take responsibilities and make attempts to accomplish them. Quotes about responsibility are great to help in educating us in this regard.
Taking responsibility quotes tells us that our duties should be our top priority. They feel like burdens sometimes however, it feels like a sense of accomplishment while fulfilling them.
It’s never too late when talking about taking up a responsibility; you can come forward and take it anytime. These quotes are full of inspiration for you to take up your duties and feel the difference in your life!
Our brilliant collection of responsibility quotes will let you dive into the deep ocean of knowledge about responsibilities. Get further comprehension of this subject by skimming through the article!
Best Responsibility Quotes
Everyone has responsibilities. Responsibilities vary with age, gender and qualifications. There is no one who is free of responsibilities what so ever! Read out the best responsibility quotes and realize how duties keep us alive and motivated.
- In order to win and succeed in life, responsibility is so important. This is a part of being an adult and learning how to be responsible for everything. –Tonya R. Owens
- Taking responsibility for yourself first, you can then take responsibility for who and what you are. –Fresh Perspectives
- Freedom without responsibility is like weight without gravity in physics — a logical impossibility. –Robert C. Solomon
- If you can take responsibility for your own life, then you will begin to realize that you can change it. –H. K. Abell
- No matter who betrays or rejects you, only you can take responsibility for your mental attitude. –John Hagee, God’s Two-Minute Warning
- Responsibility is demonstrated by actions and deeds; not by words or information inserted in some glossy magazines or corporate websites. –Samuel O Idowu
- Start to reflect on your life after you accept, act, and take responsibility for your life. –C. Payne, Attitude Within the Workplace
- By choosing to take responsibility for your life, you will immediately gain an increased power to achieve your greatest potential. –Skip Downing
- Each one of us is responsible for the world –each one of us must give a hand to build our world in a humane manner, crossing faith, fate and family. –Abhijit Naskar
- Many of us do not consider the impact of our homes and offices on the environment — either positive or negative — but buildings are responsible for more than one-third of global energy use and in most countries are the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. –United Nations Environment Programme
- Accountability, is the state or condition of being accountable or responsible. That is right. We are responsible for what goes on in our heads. –John Vaulkner
- Take responsibility for yourself; it’s very rewarding. –Amanda Green
- The game is my life. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace. –Michael Jordan
Famous Responsibility Quotes
You have a family, friends, and a social circle. You need to consider your role for each carefully and that means you have some responsibilities attached to it. Famous quotes about responsibility tell you how important it is to fulfill your duties. Hope you learn a lot.
- If you believe that it is someone else’s responsibility to fix whatever needs fixing, you remain part of the problem, and, therefore, just a culpable as everyone else who believes someone else should shoulder the burden of initiating change. –Byron Pulsifer
- To achieve life mastery and be worthy of a life well lived, we must take action, ownership, and responsibility for our choices. –Will Craig
- Until the great mass of people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other’s welfare, social justice can never be attained. –Helen Keller
- Quitting and blaming have become more common in today’s culture rather than perseverance and responsibility. –Dr. Rob Bell; Bill Parisi
- Marriage is an exciting and eventful type of transition. Going from an independent individual to being responsible for someone else’s needs, wants, and wishes requires an enormous paradigm shift in thinking. –Robert Mitchell
- The ego’s responsibility is to ensure that for better or worse our inner will shall be realized and fulfilled. –Remi Meyer
- Some naysayers will claim the sky is too blue, the grass too green, the air too fresh or the water too clean. But, let’s face it, respect for the environment is everyone’s responsibility. –Catherine DeVrye
- While you may have many other responsibilities in life like your family, work, school or relationships, you should also learn to relax and play. –Christopher Michaels
- So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other. –President Barack Obama
- Responsibility is a grace we give ourselves. It is not something imposed from outside of us. We have a say in how our life goes. –Kristen Moeller
- What is ‘the blame game’ you ask? Well, simply put, it’s not accepting responsibility and blaming others for outcomes that you don’t care for in your life. –Joseph E. McGuire
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. –Denis Waitley
- If you will analyze those who cry “no opportunity” you will find that they are using this as an alibi for their own unwillingness to assume responsibilities and use their minds. –Andrew Carnegie
- The child who is secure in the love of the parents while learning to be responsible, will journey on to become the kind of adult for whom the parents would have wished. –Darryl Cross
Funny Responsibility Quotes
Check out these humorous responsibility quotes which will make you laugh while you get some inspiration to take your responsibilities happily. Have a fun learning journey reading funny responsibility quotes that will make you smile as well.
- I couldn’t be a responsible enough parent if my kid was born with a new suit and a full-time job. –Doug Stanhope
- Welcome to the world of bullshit, my dear. You have arrived. –Elton John
- As to any sense of inequality, or youthfulness, or other difficulty in our way, little Emily and I had no such trouble, because we had no future. We made no more provision for growing older, than we did for growing younger. –Charles Dickens
- I grew up in the theater. I began my career at 3. That was the first time I stepped onto a provisional stage. –Demian Bichir
- [Reviewing the New York City Telephone Directory] But it is the opinion of the present reviewer that the weakness of plot is due to the great number of characters which clutter up the pages. The Russian school is responsible for this. –Robert Benchley
- I was an only child with a lot of time to kill. I suspect a lot of writers are only children, or only children become writers because it’s a way of being alone. –Christopher Buckley
- Nothing’s changed my life more. I feel better about myself as a person, being conscious and responsible for my actions and I lost weight and my skin cleared up and I got bright eyes and I just became stronger and healthier and happier. Can’t think of anything better in the world to be but be vegan. –Alicia Silverstone
- I have my own opinions, but my songs don’t share them. –Shania Twain
- Unfortunately, sometimes the fans forget who puts the money and passion into the club. It’s funny, but when you win, it’s the coach and the players who are responsible, but when you lose, it’s the owner’s fault; but that’s football. –Andrea Della Valle
- It was the right and responsible thing to do, so they put it off until later. –Ellen Potter
- The first way not to shake hands is executed by receiving someone’s hand in yours and proceeding to squeeze it tightly, hurting the other party as if they were responsible for a past death in your family, or your adoption as a child. –Wes Locher
- As the resident dude, Shane was responsible for the acquisition of party favors, like glow-in-the-dark necklaces and drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks for Claire, of course, because I am a stern house mother even if I suck as a role model. –Rachel Caine
Short Responsibility Quotes
Know the value of your responsibilities in a brief way that will help you grow into a reliable and responsible individual. Our collection of short quotes about responsibility gives you a quick idea of how important it is to accomplish your duties.
- We have a responsibility to influence the people in our lives to be the best possible people they can be: “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up” (1 Thess. 5: 11). –Henry Cloud
- Deliberately take the responsibility to change your life because you can; yes you can! –Okorote Emmanuel
- Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. –Les Brown
- Take responsibility for your own learning and for the learning of those around you. –Don Meyer
- Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together. –Napoleon Hill
- If it’s never our fault, we can’t take responsibility for it. If we can’t take responsibility for it, we’ll always be its victim. –Richard Bach
- We are the only ones responsible for what goes on in our lives. We can make excuses and blame others, but we are responsible to and for ourselves. –Iyanla Vanzant
- Taking responsibility is a commitment to own your life, to self-leadership, growth, and freedom. –Christopher Avery
- The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision. –George Eliot
- Happiness is your responsibility. If you depend or wait for other people to make you happy you will always be disappointed. –Byron Pulsifer
- A leader’s most important responsibility is identifying the biggest challenges to forward progress and devising a coherent approach to overcoming them. –Richard Rumelt
- Accepting complete responsibility for your life means that you refuse to make excuses or blame others for anything in your life that you’re not happy about. –Brian Tracy
- We live in a culture of blame. People will blame anyone or anything for their misery sooner than take the responsibility to own it and make it better. –Dr. Henry Cloud; Dr. John Townsend
- Accepting responsibility for your actions, WINNING. Always having an excuse for your actions, LOSING. –Catherine Pulsifer
Family Responsibility Quotes
Family is a great blessing. We cherish our family. In the meantime, responsibilities are divided among the family members. If everyone in the family fulfills his duties, a happy family emerges. Responsibility quotes for the family put light on this subject.
- The family is the school of duties – founded on love. –Felix Adler
- Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. –Michael J. Fox
- The responsibility of a man is to lead his family. –Ezra Taft Benson
- We need to bring personal responsibility back to the family! –John G. Miller
- My family responsibilities don’t conflict with my career. Not at all. –Meg Ryan
- My 4 word life advice: Family, Responsibility, Love, Positivity. –K Shashimukh
- I love my family even though we are dysfunctional. They make things more interesting.
- If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
- Family is not about blood. It’s about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it the most.
- Ambivalence about family responsibilities has a long history in the corporate world. –Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- I still love my people, not just my family –my people. I feel a huge responsibility for them. –Mosab Hassan Yousef
- Having family responsibilities and concerns just has to make you a more understanding person. –Sandra Day O’Connor
- Family responsibility, yes, and always. Family bankruptcy due to the cruel rules of government, no. –Barbara Mikulski
- Ordinary men earn responsibility towards their family, extraordinary men earn duty towards their nation. –Amit Kalantri
Social Responsibility Quotes
Humans are social animals and have duties to fulfill in society. You are responsible for giving rise to a decent society. Examine these social responsibility quotes to identify your role in the betterment of society.
- The only corporate social responsibility a company has is to maximize its profits. –Milton Friedman
- In a world of lies and liars, an honest work of art is always an act of social responsibility. –Robert McKee
- Without restoring an ethos of social responsibility, there can be no meaningful and sustained economic recovery. –Jeffrey Sachs
- If you feel a sense of social responsibility, first of all keep working on yourself. Being peaceful yourself is the first step if you want to live in a peaceful universe. –Ram Dass
- Corporate Social Responsibility is a hard-edged business decision. Not because it is a nice thing to do or because people are forcing us to do it because it is good for our business. –Niall FitzGerald
- There is a social responsibility to take care of vulnerable people. It seems that a sensible social responsibility is obligatory education, but also decent education, and that is not happening. –Noam Chomsky
- Social responsibility becomes an aspect not of Christian mission only, but also of Christian conversion. It is impossible to be truly converted to God without being thereby converted to our neighbor. –John Stott
- Together with the social responsibility of businesses, there is also the social responsibility of consumers. Every person ought to have the awareness that ‘purchasing is always a moral-and not simply an economic-act. –Pope Francis
- Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination-–devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues -–which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out. –Robert A. Heinlein
- Corporate social responsibility is measured in terms of businesses improving conditions for their employees, shareholders, communities, and environment. But moral responsibility goes further, reflecting the need for corporations to address fundamental ethical issues such as inclusion, dignity, and equality. –Klaus Schwab
- We have an unwavering commitment to our social responsibility program; it’s good for business, and we know it’s the right thing to do. –Robert J. Fisher
- The concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR) has long been used as an effective lens through which to examine the actions business can take toward ensuring mutual long-term well-being and sustainability. –Klaus Schwab
- If we don’t take responsibility of what happens to our society, then no amount of Independence can improve human condition. –Abhijit Naskar
- I believe social responsibility begins with a strong, competitive company. Only a healthy enterprise can improve and enrich the lives of people and their communities. –Jack Welch
Responsibility Quotes for Students
Are you a student? Your responsibility will be to study with all your heart. Respect teachers and help your fellows. Skim through responsibility quotes for students to learn more about your obligations.
- I’ll be honest with you that I’ve come to find that in my own life, but I’ve tried to accept my responsibility to myself, and responsibility for myself, and to face up to my difficulties. –Francis Brennan
- Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation. –C. Everett Koop
- You have a great responsibility as a mother to love and nurture your child, to give your child everything it needs to grow strong and healthy, not just physically but also emotionally. –Carol Rigby
- Responsibility changes everything. The moment we decide that we are the ones who are capable of and responsible for changing things everything shifts. –John B. Izzo
- Luck is nor more than what we create and without taking responsibility for our own lives, our own destiny, luck will fail us. –Byron Pulsifer
- We must govern our own lives, and when our thoughts and actions become destructive it is our responsibility to alter or abolish them and to institute new habits as the foundations for a freer, happier life. –Brendon Burchard
- As a man, you need to be aware that marriage requires your involvement at every step of the way and that you cannot shy from responsibility. –Barney Fraser
- The fundamental principle of coaching spirit is the belief that a person has great potential and as a coach, it is your responsibility to nourish that potential so they can achieve the combined goals. –Brad Peterson
- The Bible tells us that when we’re faithful in the little things that God gives us to do then He will bring increased blessings and responsibility into our lives. –Bill Vincent
- Remember, you are responsible for your future, so take charge and turn your life into whatever it is that you want it to be. –Sharlene Snow
- Now, when I feel I am not measuring up in life, I ask what it would take to make me feel good, and I do it. I take responsibility for my own emotional and spiritual work and allow others to do the same whatever way they choose. –Patricia Heller
- Skills can be taught and developed, but attitudes are difficult to change and ultimately are the responsibility of each person. –Gary Schulz
- You and I need to be the decision makers in our own lives and careers. It is also our responsibility to allow and encourage others to do the same. –Jay Rifenbary
- 21 is the age of responsibility. Give it a few months and you will be wondering why you were in such a hurry to get here. –Author Unknown
Responsibility Quotes for Work
Work is needed by humans as it not only keeps us engaged but we feel like we are fulfilling a sense of responsibility. Read these work responsibility quotes that will motivate you to take your work as your responsibility and fulfill it with compassion.
- Work on yourself first, take responsibility for your own progress. –I Ching
- Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work. –Adrienne Rich
- If you want to change something about yourself, you need to be willing to take full responsibility for yourself. If you are going to hide behind stories and excuses, it won’t work! –Akiroq Brost
- One of the things about having positions of responsibility is that with that comes even more responsibility. –Bill Haslam
- Stop pointing fingers and placing blame on others. Your life can only change to the degree that you accept responsibility for it. –Steve Maraboli
- There is always an alternative to the present urgency—and it’s not a vacation, it’s acknowledging deeper responsibility. –Stewart Brand
- I’m not perfect; I make mistakes all the time. All I can do is to try my best to learn from my mistakes, take responsibility for them, and do a better job tomorrow. –Lana
- You create everything that happens to you…. If you want to be really successful, and I know you do, then you will have to give up blaming and complaining and take total responsibility for your life–that means all your results, both your successes and your failures. That is the prerequisite for creating a life of success. It is only by acknowledging that you have created everything up until now that you can take charge of creating the future you want. –Jack Canfield
Responsibility Quotes to Make You a Responsible Person
All of us have some kind of responsibilities to fulfill. The key is to fulfill them whole heatedly. You can go through our collection of be responsible quotes which will push you in making a more responsible person than you already are.
- Fully accepting, loving, and being yourself allows you to be 100% authentic. This means being fully responsible for yourself. –John Felitto
- Faith is no irresponsible shot in the dark. It is a responsible trust in God, who knows the desires of your hearts, the dreams you are given, and the goals you have set. He will guide your paths right. –Robert Schuller
- Dare to take chances, follow your dreams, risk it all, fall in love, believe in yourself, ask questions, let go, make mistakes, start over, speak the truth, take responsibility, find happiness, live for today. –Unknown
- Take responsibility, trust and have faith in yourself that you can offer the world something that no one has ever known. –Paul Martens
- If you are a Christian and happen to become wealthy, you have a biblical responsibility to be rich in good deeds, to be generous to others and to make sure that your hope is within Jesus Christ and not in your money. –Matthew Paulson
- Between stimulus and response, there is space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom. –Viktor E. Frankl
- When you think everything is someone’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy. –Dalai Lama
- When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness. –Eckhart Tolle
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself. –Henry Ward Beecher
- Being responsible is an enormous privilege… It’s what marks anyone a fully grown human. –Barack Obama
- The victim mindset dilutes the human potential. By not accepting personal responsibility for our circumstances, we greatly reduce our power to change them. –Steve Maraboli
- Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will—his personal responsibility. –Albert Einstein
- One of the most significant findings in psychology in the last twenty years is that individuals can choose the way they think. –Martin Seligman
- You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue in their actions.
Duty and Responsibility Quotes
We all are answerable for our assigned responsibilities. We should learn to manage our tasks. We should try to improve our performance but that can only be done when you are dutiful towards it. Quotes about duty and responsibility will inspire you to do more!
- The power behind taking responsibility for your actions lies in putting an end to negative thought patterns. You no longer dwell on what went wrong or focus on whom you are going to blame. You don’t waste time building roadblocks to your success. Instead, you are set free and can now focus on succeeding. –Lorii Myers
- The key is taking responsibility and initiative, deciding what your life is about and prioritizing your life around the most important things. –Stephen Covey
- Taking responsibility for oneself is by definition an act of kindness. –Sharon Salzberg
- Peak performance begins with your taking complete responsibility for your life and everything that happens to you. –Brian Tracy
- By taking responsibility for yourself, you can stop relying on others to take responsibility for you. –Vironika Tugaleva
- A prig always finds a last refuge in responsibility. –Jean Cocteau
- Accepting responsibility should be your default response to everything. –Pia Silva
- Character –the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life –is the source from which self-respect springs. –Joan Didio
- Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done. –Hubert Selby Jr.
- Concern yourself more with accepting responsibility than with assigning blame. Let the possibilities inspire you more than the obstacles discourage you. –Ralph Marston
- It is only when you take responsibility for your life that you discover how powerful you truly are. –Allanah Hunt
- Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so. –Noam Chomsky
- People think responsibility is hard to bear. It’s not. I think that sometimes it is the absence of responsibility that is harder to bear. You have a great feeling of importance. –Henry Kissinger
- Take responsibility — it’s where your powers live. –Will Craig
- The disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority. –Stanley Milgram
- There are two primary choices in life: To accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. –Denis Waitley.
- Those who enjoy responsibility usually get it; those who merely like exercising authority usually lose it. –Malcolm Forbes
- To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility. –Patrick Ness
- We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. –George Bernard Shaw
- When you start to accept responsibility for the results you get in life, you also take back the power to change your future outcome. –Kevin Ngo
- With great power there must also come … great responsibility! –Stan Lee
- Your life begins to change the day you take responsibility for it. –Steve Maraboli
- Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility. –Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Freedom and Responsibility Quotes
Freedom itself is a responsibility. We have to take responsibility for our actions. Being responsible means you respect your freedom both these terms are inter-related. Freedom and responsibility quotes tell you how you can enjoy freedom and be responsible at the same time.
- With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- When you choose freedom, you also choose responsibility. –Richie Norton
- What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one’s self. –Max Stirner
- Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. –Sigmund Freud
- Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry is own weight, this is a frightening prospect. –Eleanor Roosevelt
- Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves. –Friedrich Nietzsche
- A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom. –Bob Dylan
- Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. –George Bernard Shaw
- One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it’s remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver’s license. –P. J. O’rourke
Rights and Responsibility Quotes
Read these quotes about rights and responsibilities which will not only give you a sense of your rights but responsibility as well. You should certainly share these with your friends too!
- No man was ever endowed with a right without being at the same time saddled with a responsibility. –Gerald W Johnson
- There’s not a chance we’ll reach our full potential until we stop blaming each other and start practicing personal accountability. –John G. Miller
- Taking personal accountability is a beautiful thing because it gives us complete control of our destinies. –Heather Schuck
- It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do for which we are accountable. –Moliere
- Distributing responsibility is an effective way to build proficiencies, increase personal accountability, and test how people handle their newfound freedom. –David Kahn
- Blame is the coward’s solution to his fear of accountability. –Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Accountability breeds response-ability. –Stephen Covey
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. –Colossians 3:23-24
- Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. –Second Peter 1:10
- But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. For each will have to bear his own load. –Galatians 6:4-5
- For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. –Romans 14:10, 12
- For if your brother is grieved by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. By what you eat, do not destroy the one for whom Christ died. So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil. –Romans 14:15-16
- We put no obstacle in anyone’s way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry. –Second Corinthians 6:3
- Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. –Proverbs 28:13
Final Thoughts on Responsibility Quotes
You just read about the value of responsibility and responsibility quotes help you in understanding your role as an individual and a responsible member of society.
Responsibility is a commitment. You need to fulfill what you commit on your own. Quotations about responsibility tell us that no one else is answerable for our tasks.
You should be responsible without anyone’s supervision as well. You can be responsible for your power. You may be responsible for money for someone. Sayings about responsibility give a clear understanding of why responsibilities should be fulfilled dutifully.
Responsibility quotes tell that whether responsibility is personal, professional, social, or ethnic, it needs to be fulfilled.
Hope we are triumphant in delivering this precious knowledge. Tell us in the comments if we succeeded in educating you with our humble effort.
Fulfill your responsibility by sharing these quotes with others if you found them effective and impactful.
We hope you have a great time reading!